Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Broncos & Ravens Gameday Thread

He didn't make it to the first down. Yet he was given even a half-football's length OVER the first down marker.

That was a bad, bad spot.

Yup...the Ravens got robbed with that one. Poor spot, and then ludicrous officiating to start awarding first downs without measuring it.

Wow, that was not a play I expected Flacco to make. I usually associate him with panicking under pressure - but he dealt with that very effectively.

Champ Bailey is an old man playing a young mans game. Maybe if he announces retirement in the locker room at the half the Broncos would play harder for it.

Flacco is getting ALLLLLLLL day... don't overlook this. Been saying it all afternoon.

Both D Lines haven't made a play.

That was more about smith than flacco....flacco's just giving his guy a chance to make a play there...smith's rewarding him by making plays...

That's the thing... Schaub doesn't even give our guys a chance to make plays in the air like that

That was more about smith than flacco....flacco's just giving his guy a chance to make a play there...smith's rewarding him by making plays...

I agree. But that ball could have been put a hundred different places where Smith does not have a chance to make a play... or worse, it could be put where Champ can make a play.

Champ Bailey is an old man playing a young mans game. Maybe if he announces retirement in the locker room at the half the Broncos would play harder for it.

It's 21 all...

He's got an opportunity to make a few plays in the second half, shut Torrey Smith down, intercept the ball.... game is still too young to be calling Champ out.

That's the thing... Schaub doesn't even give our guys a chance to make plays in the air like that

He does....i can think of at least 3 games where he's thrown it up to jean and he hasn't come thru...they were all decent to pretty good throws too...they just don't come thru for him like smith is for flacco...he does it all the time with AJ.....& to be truthful, that's the only 1 he should do it with...the other WR's are too slow, young or unreliable or some combo of the 2.

I hate Schaub but if you gave him ALL day like Flacco is getting today, he could ummm maybe possibly make some big plays too...

maybe....

It's 21 all...

He's got an opportunity to make a few plays in the second half, shut Torrey Smith down, intercept the ball.... game is still too young to be calling Champ out.

I don't believe so.... it's obvious he no longer has the straight line speed necessary to hold down young speedsters. I am not saying he doesn't have talent, because he is one of the best. He is old though.

Señor Stan;2103812 said:
Ugh. I hate cheering for the Ravens!.

I'm going to have to gargle with bleach after this game.

I'm not cheering for the Ravens.

I'm rooting against Denver.

It works for me.

Looks like Torrey had a hand on Bailey and gave him a little head start out of the play.

That was not a good throw; Bailey was looking back the whole team; he could have had a pick there. That TD was on Torrey, not Flacco.

Flacco also overthrew him a couple of times deep.
He needs to be a little more accurate for the Ravens to win this game.

I hate to be pulling for him, but I have no choice, LOL!

I agree. But that ball could have been put a hundred different places where Smith does not have a chance to make a play... or worse, it could be put where Champ can make a play.

I agree, but if smith just tries to run under that ball and catch it ( like our WR's would do) bailey is in perfect position to intercept...smith made that play..the throw was just ok...

Anyone concerned that Ray Rice only has 6 touches?

Nope, this game is playing right into the ravens' hands...they're forcing the broncos to back off a little with these deep passes..and as soon as they do that, it'll be run lanes galore for leach/rice thereby controlling the clock....and by extension keeping manning off the field..

One can always dream. :clap:

I'd rather be hopelessly optimistic than sit around assuming the Texans are an underperforming pile of worthlessness like many posters on here do.

Also, being one of the few Texan fans in Maryland (I have only personally seen one other person with Texans gear in my 1.5 years here) I have to represent.

He does....i can think of at least 3 games where he's thrown it up to jean and he hasn't come thru...they were all decent to pretty good throws too...they just don't come thru for him like smith is for flacco...he does it all the time with AJ.....& to be truthful, that's the only 1 he should do it with...the other WR's are too slow, young or unreliable or some combo of the 2.

More or less agree, but there have been times when Andre has let him down as well.

I don't fault Matt for this..... I've said it before, it's a team game & there's nothing out there to make anyone believe our receivers would deliver in these situations, so it wouldn't make sense for Schaub to start expecting them to now.

But if you've got a Fullback streaming down the seem, with no one around, put it over his head, drop it in the basket & get yourself a TD.

When you've got the best WR in the league for the last 4 or 5 years getting WTF open at least once a game, how does he not average 16 TDs a year?

I don't expect Schaub to be Flacco, or Romo, or Brady, but I would like to see him maximize what he does have. Leave it all out there on the field, don't save anything for tomorrow.

Nope, this game is playing right into the ravens' hands...they're forcing the broncos to back off a little with these deep passes..and as soon as they do that, it'll be run lanes galore for leach/rice thereby controlling the clock....and by extension keeping manning off the field..

I hope that happens midway through the third.

Back