Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brian Gaine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing Solder to Todd Wade/Smith/ old man Ed Reed is what's bullcrap.

There's no comparison in talent levels of these players.

Actually it's not.. Smith and Wade were big FA signings at the time and Ed Reed was a overpay to a over the hill player (gee exactly how Nate Solder looks now.)

I don't want today's Nate Solder.. what I want is the next Duane Brown.. a young buck who can come in here and anchor this line for the next decade and grow with our young QB.

Last edited:
Actually it's not.. Smith and Wade were big FA signings at the time and Ed Reed was a overpay to a over the hill player (gee exactly how Nate Solder looks now.)

Solder didn't look over the hill at the end of last yr.

Go back and checkout Solder's play against the Bears/Colts/Cowboys/Readskins games at the end of the yr and tell me what you think. I thought Solder played well. Particularly with an immobile Eli at QB.

Nope, just an added data point. But "top" LTs make pro bowls and all pros, especially coming from playoff teams.

What you meant to say was the top lt from each conference makes the team. So 2 guys. Maybe 4-5 collectively because of play off runs. I'll happily settle for the 6th best tackle. Thanks.

Solder didn't look over the hill at the end of last yr.

Go back and checkout Solder's play against the Bears/Colts/Cowboys/Readskins games at the end of the yr and tell me what you think. I thought Solder played well. Particularly with an immobile Eli at QB.

Well Giants brass must think differently if the rumors are true about a possible move to RT.

What you meant to say was the top lt from each conference makes the team. So 2 guys. Maybe 4-5 collectively because of play off runs. I'll happily settle for the 6th best tackle. Thanks.

Actually it's 2 from each conference as initial awards then with dropouts from playoffs, injury, just don't want, more.

There is zero reason to think Solder was ever next in line. Mid pack just like steelb said.

Again..

Oh and another thing.. THE GUY DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY HERE TO BEGIN WITH! So honestly I don't even know why we're still arguing over a player who was never going to consider signing here and wanted to stay in the N.E. close to his family.

Every post Ive made in this thread except this one has been quoted.. why are we even discussing a player who didn't want to play/relocate here?

Last edited:
Actually it's 2 from each conference as initial awards then with dropouts from playoffs, injury, just don't want, more.

There is zero reason to think Solder was ever next in line. Mid pack just like steelb said.

But you suggested pro bowls like they had some value?

And your terrified of using cap space.

No I'm not.. I'm simply not a fan of signing shitty contracts. For the record I absolutely hate the Chris Paul contract too for much of the same reasons.. that contract is going to be a albatross from the depths of hell.. one the Rockets are simply going to have to eat and is probably a window closer for them.

What's your fu@king argument? - he made none. It's an added data point from having watched him.

My argument is fairly simple. Is solder better last year then anything we had on the roster? ***** yes. So why are you collective dumbasses arguing with steelb for pursuing him? Was his price a bit over his performance? Probably last year - but what the hell is the purpose of having excessive cap space if you dont use it?

Your whole pro bowl schtick is laughable and should never be an arguing point again.

My argument is fairly simple. Is solder better last year then anything we had on the roster? ***** yes. So why are you collective dumbasses arguing with steelb for pursuing him? Was his price a bit over his performance? Probably last year - but what the hell is the purpose of having excessive cap space if you dont use it?

A bit? More like a mile. Dumbass is grossly overpaying. And this is stupid anyway because he didn't want to come here.

Cap space rolls over by the way.

Your whole pro bowl schtick is laughable and should never be an arguing point again.

Says you in gross ignorance. Go see whether hall of fame voters discuss how many pro bowls players made.

He's not moving to RT next season.

That was nothing more than clickbait.

Did you go back and look at a little bit of those games I listed.

Yeah, because I just watched 4 football games in 15 minutes.. no I haven't gone back to watch them, because it's a absolute waste of my time.. again he wasn't going to sign here. All the Texans did was make the Giants pay more money. Honestly y'all need to move past this already. Nate Solder was nothing to cry over last year.

A bit? More like a mile. Dumbass is grossly overpaying. And this is stupid anyway because he didn't want to come here.

Cap space rolls over by the way.

Says you in gross ignorance. Go see whether hall of fame voters discuss how many pro bowls players made.

Grossly overpaying to make sure Watson doesn't suffer 3 broken ribs and a punctured lung isn't grossly overpaying. I'm pretty sure a less mobile Eli didn't suffer this fate.

I dont know how the HOF voters look at things. The fact that Pancakes is an influential member tells me not to take what they do or dont do to seriously.

On players who won't perform to their contracts it's stupid. And doing so cuts off options on other players including resigning your own.

Let's consider things worse then paying a competent left tackle elite money. How bout an 8 game season with Brandon weeden as the starting quarterback?

And with the pro bowls you call me ignorant? It's a fan vote. Hof votes consider it a fraction of their criteria. Dont portray it as something its not. Lamar Miller made the pro bowl this year. Yeah, that's not a misprint. Stow that bull ****.

Yeah, because I just watched 4 football games in 15 minutes.. no I haven't gone back to watch them, because it's a absolute waste of my time.. again he wasn't going to sign here. All the Texans did was make the Giants pay more money. Honestly y'all need to move past this already. Nate Solder was nothing to cry over last year.

I didn't bring this up. I just said he was playing much better at the end of last season and you disagreed with me. So I asked you to take 15 mins and check out those games.

I've moved past Solder and think that since they're in the same exact place they were last yr, that they should not only invest in Brown but also invest in Dillard. Solving a riddle that's plagued this team for a long time now.

But you were critical of us wanting him.

I didn't bring this up. I just said he was playing much better at the end of last season and you disagreed with me. So I asked you to take 15 mins and check out those games.

I've moved past Solder and think that since they're in the same exact place they were last yr, that they should not only invest in Brown but also invest in Dillard. Solving a riddle that's plagued this team for a long time now.

I dont know how I did this.

LOL

Reality comes in the form of broken bones and punctured lungs.

I agree to disagree. I want ol help and I want it bad enough to overpay especially when we have over 60 million in cap space.

Solder didn't come here and I accept that. I dont fault us for trying to sign him.

Have fun steelb. At this point they're arguing for the sake of arguing.

It's a stupid cycle and your caught In the middle as long as you post.

Some people are impervious to reason no matter what you say. Dumbphuckers.

Nope, just an added data point. But "top" LTs make pro bowls and all pros, especially coming from playoff teams. Solder is as steelb said, a mid pack LT. It's cap suicide to make mid pack players highest paid in the league. Then you can't pay your own stars.
Not only that, you say precedent & middle of the pack guys like Dunta Robinson expect to get paid, cause a big stink for nothing.

& guys like Solder just use you to bump up the asking price for the team they really want to go to.

Not only that, you say precedent & middle of the pack guys like Dunta Robinson expect to get paid, cause a big stink for nothing.

& guys like Solder just use you to bump up the asking price for the team they really want to go to.

Do you think Trent Brown is going to do this?

He's from Bastrop.

And with the pro bowls you call me ignorant? It's a fan vote. Hof votes consider it a fraction of their criteria. Dont portray it as something its not.

Apparently more than I thought. Pro bowls are 1/3rd fan, 1/3rd players & 1/3rd coaches.

Lamar Miller made the pro bowl this year. Yeah, that's not a misprint. Stow that bull ****.

Yeah, as 3rd alternate. Solder was never that high so stow that bull ****.

I would really love to see evidence of this great improvement.. also Solder wasn't the anchor of that line.. he was the weak link. Every Giants game I saw, people were able to put him on skates.

For sake of argument though, let's say he did improve.. did He improve enough to warrant that contract? Because he certainly still isn't a top LT in this league. Some of the best deals a team makes are the ones that don't go through after watching him with the Giants I certainly don't want that cap hit on my salary cap.

They have to stick to their flawed narrative. I really don't know why they're so confident in Delvin and Obrien scheme. The oline play has regressed every year since Obrien been here. Signing Solder and Norwell to outlandish contracts wouldn't have improved us by that much.

We don't know what Davenport is yet. I know there are some who believe he's done & he may very well be.

But there looked like a lot more confusion on the line to me than anything. I personally feel the RT & Center struggled more than Davenport. Doesn't mean I think Davenport is good, but I'd like to see at least Center addressed more so than LT.

If Martin is our starting Center week 1, we're still going to have problems running the ball & protecting our QB. Regardless what we do at LT.

Exactly which leads to what we have been saying for quite some time now. COACHING

They have to stick to their flawed narrative. I really don't know why they're so confident in Delvin and Obrien scheme. The oline play has regressed every year since Obrien been here. Signing Solder and Norwell to outlandish contracts wouldn't have improved us by that much.

I would've liked to see them signed and play here before I came to that conclusion. I can guarantee you the OL would look better with these 2 guys onit.

Hopefully. You feel that way about our Oline?

I do,

I think one way or another the OL (Which is the weakest area on the team) will get fixed this offseason. Watson's health is far too important not to make acquiring more talent the top priority this offseason.

I do,

I think one way or another the OL (Which is the weakest area on the team) will get fixed this offseason. Watson's health is far too important not to make acquiring more talent the top priority this offseason.
Hope you're right again. I'm really hoping that our offense makes a huge leap next year with a much improved OL and the debate on the board changes to how much of the improvement was due to talent or growth by BOB. I'd like to see better talent and better coaching myself.

Hope you're right again. I'm really hoping that our offense makes a huge leap next year with a much improved OL and the debate on the board changes to how much of the improvement was due to talent or growth by BOB. I'd like to see better talent and better coaching myself.

This is what we all hope for.

I've got little faith in Devlin.

"It’s certainly an option. It’s not the priority, but it’s certainly an option." – #Texans GM Brian Gaine on using the franchise tag. @KPRC2

— Adam Wexler (@KPRC2AdamW) February 28, 2019

Brian Gaine straight forward with Lamar Miller being the starter heading into 2019. #Texans

— patrick (@PatDStat) February 28, 2019

Gaine not ready to give up on Aaron Colvin. Cites his down season in 2018 was from his ankle injury and coming back from it too early. #Texans

Gaine calls Martinas Rankin an offensive lineman. Said he will be a "2-hole" guy. Which means he will be the first up if something happens to the starters. Said he will have a chance heading into 2019. #Texans

"We are hopeful he can be part of the future but we have decisions to make…" "https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Texans GM Brian Gaine on CB Kevin Johnson. #Texans

"We are all looking for inside rush." #Texans GM Brian Gaine

We’re optimistic that Foreman will return to full health."-#Texans GM Brian Gaine on RB D’Onta Foreman, who rehabbed in 2018 from an Achilles injury.

— Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) February 28, 2019

Gaine likes the offensive tackle coming in the draft over the free agent offensive tackle class. #Texans

Brian Gaine with some interesting tidbits on the #Texans OT:
- Houston expects Seantrel Henderson will be its starting RT
- He hopes for "greater dividends" from Julién Davenport in Year 3

— Aaron Reiss (@aaronjreiss) February 28, 2019

Gaine says that they want a RB by committee but called Lamar Miller a 3-down back and optimistic on Foreman’s return to full health for 2019. #Texans

We’re optimistic that Foreman will return to full health."-#Texans GM Brian Gaine on RB D’Onta Foreman, who rehabbed in 2018 from an Achilles injury.

— Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) February 28, 2019

Gaine likes the offensive tackle coming in the draft over the free agent offensive tackle class. #Texans

Brian Gaine with some interesting tidbits on the #Texans OT:
- Houston expects Seantrel Henderson will be its starting RT
- He hopes for "greater dividends" from Julién Davenport in Year 3

— Aaron Reiss (@aaronjreiss) February 28, 2019

Gaine says that they want a RB by committee but called Lamar Miller a 3-down back and optimistic on Foreman’s return to full health for 2019. #Texans

I was just about to upload this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back