Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brian Gaine Fired

I think BOB gets another season after next season. I've always said this was a 3 yr rebuild. But after Gaine was fired, I haven't a clue what this org is thinking or where they are headed.

I think it largely depends on if we get destroyed next year and if they really do want Cesario. If they can have a good, or at least decent, year then I can see him surviving another season. Also if they really want Cesario and think he is the secret to winning then they may keep BoB just for that. Rumor is their friendship is a big reason he wanted to come here, Cal May say let’s see what the two of them together can do.

All just guessing though, hell at this point nothing Cal does would surprise me.

I think BOB gets another season after next season. I've always said this was a 3 yr rebuild. But after Gaine was fired, I haven't a clue what this org is thinking or where they are headed.

Oh come on, you know where its headed and you know it's getting there in a handbasket.

It's difficult to do your job when no one, from the HC down, knows exactly what that job is and how to do it.

What?

Are you saying that the Texans lost that game because they didn't know their jobs, or how to do them?

I'm saying that OB's "system" is such an ad hoc conglomeration that no one, not even him, is 100% what to do on a given play against a given defensive look pre-snap and post-snap.

So in other words, NO

Amazingly they won 11 games last year not knowing what to do and with their team decimated by injuries. Are there any other teams this good in the NFL? I'm going to Vegas in about a month.

Throughout some of those wins last season quite a few of yall were screaming luck. Now we want to use the 11-5 like it really told the entire storyline.

Don't get me wrong, decent regular season indeed but looked like a complete joke in the playoffs. Starting from the Head coach all the way down to the water boy.

In that playoff game we looked completely lost.

Last edited:
Throughout some of those wins last season quite a few yall were screaming luck. Now we want to use the 11-5 like it really told the entire storyline.

Don't get me wrong, decent regular season indeed but looked like a complete joke in the playoffs. Starting from the Head coach all the way down to the water boy.

In that playoff game we looked completely lost.

I was saying (not screaming) "luck" but in the context of "it's about time the Texans are having some good luck for a change." Luck IS good. And I only hoped that it continued on into the playoffs because deep down inside I knew they needed to get lucky to succeed in the playoffs. It was really hard for me to look at them and see this juggernaut that the winning streak might have suggested.

I was saying (not screaming) "luck" but in the context of "it's about time the Texans are having some good luck for a change." Luck IS good. And I only hoped that it continued on into the playoffs because deep down inside I knew they needed to get lucky to succeed in the playoffs. It was really hard for me to look at them and see this juggernaut that the winning streak might have suggested.

Oh no doubt Lady luck plays a big part of the game too. And trust me I was extremely happy the ball finally started bouncing our way. I surely hope it bounces our way this season, especially with the tougher schedule we're up against.

More importantly, are there any with the pushover schedule we had?

I believe that was going into the 2018 based on the 2017 records of opponents.

The Texans played 7 games against teams that ended the 2018 season with winning records and 5 games against teams that went to the playoffs.

The only team on their schedule specifically because they were last in the division in 2017 was Cleveland, who ended up 7-8-1 on the 2018 season.

The only truly bad teams they played were NYG (played all NFC East teams), NYJ (played all AFC East teams) and Jax (in our division) twice.

This narrative of a weak schedule simply doesn't hold up...

More importantly, are there any with the pushover schedule we had?

You do know they played something like 10 teams with top 10 defenses. Not exactly a pushover schedule. It gets me how people people discount what BOB has done after his 1st yr without RS.

Meanwhile the same posters will bend over backwards to defend Kubiak, when in reality they are basically the same conservative HC.

Why not, it held up all of last season. That was the arguing point of a lot of members on here. As well as most of the media during that 9 game winning streak.

Because the strength of schedule was based on how the opponents on the 2018 schedule finished the year before. It was a solid assessment at the time, because that was all they had to go on. One could argue that same assessment during the year.

But now the 2018 season has ended, and in hindsight we can see that the Texans did not play a weak schedule based on the number of games against teams with winning records and playoff appearances in 2018.

You do know they played something like 10 teams with top 10 defenses. Not exactly a pushover schedule. It gets me how people people discount what BOB has done after his 1st yr without RS.

Meanwhile the same posters will bend over backwards to defend Kubiak, when in reality they are basically the same conservative HC.

One is a better OC, the other a better HC

The difference is BOBs offense sucks.

And yes the Texans had an easy schedule. It perhaps didn't end up as easy as it looked in the preseason but it was still among the easier ones

One has 4 SB rings & the other none.

But only 1 as a HC with a team built by another and a HOF QB and DC. Took him a lot of years to get those 4, years OB hasn't had yet

Are you comparing the Texans to those early 49'er and Broncos teams?

But only 1 as a HC with a team built by another and a HOF QB and DC. Took him a lot of years to get those 4, years OB hasn't had yet

Are you comparing the Texans to those early 49'er and Broncos teams?

I remember when kubiak could only win with his guys that fit his system, and that we should wait for O'Brien to win when he got his guys.

Also Peyton wasn't good anymore, and he made Brock look so good the Texans signed him to a massive contract

Because the strength of schedule was based on how the opponents on the 2018 schedule finished the year before. It was a solid assessment at the time, because that was all they had to go on. One could argue that same assessment during the year.

But now the 2018 season has ended, and in hindsight we can see that the Texans did not play a weak schedule based on the number of games against teams with winning records and playoff appearances in 2018.

True that. That is what the mainstream media analysts gives us starving fans. But we football holics who watched these games should know certain teams that are consistently good will be a problem. The Saints, Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers and Colts (2) will be very tough opponents. Jaguars (2), Ravens, Titans, and Falcons won't be a easy win. We also can't sleep on the Broncos or the Raiders. That's why I say it's a tough schedule.

One is a better OC, the other a better HC

I want to say BO'b is a better HC only because I want to say something in his favor.

I was impressed with the 9 game win streak & thought that showed toughness by the team. Which I credit BO'b for instilling.

But I'm waiting to see how much of that toughness is still there next year.

But if that SOB totally flips on his "plan" again in the first game of the season... nope, uh-uh. Not HC material.

Kubiak with Watson is BB with Brady. It would be a dynasty.

BS

He would still try and sit on leads in the 2nd half. Which is nothing like BB. Watson isn't a pimple on Brady's a** right now. We all dream of Watson becoming Brady someday.

I want to say BO'b is a better HC only because I want to say something in his favor.

I was impressed with the 9 game win streak & thought that showed toughness by the team. Which I credit BO'b for instilling.

But I'm waiting to see how much of that toughness is still there next year.

But if that SOB totally flips on his "plan" again in the first game of the season... nope, uh-uh. Not HC material.

Thunder do you think Kubiak's record of 11-1 was impressive as well?

BS

He would still try and sit on leads in the 2nd half. Which is nothing like BB. Watson isn't a pimple on Brady's a** right now. We all dream of Watson becoming Brady someday.
True enough RE Watson. He has potential, though. As far as turtling, Watson would open up plays that just didn't exist with Schaub.

One has 4 SB rings & the other none.
I find it interesting that while 'the other' was in NE (with the best HC and, arguably, the best QB) they won no SBs. Three before and three after. None during. That's a five year stretch BTW
Coincidence?
:thinking:

I find it interesting that while 'the other' was in NE (with the best HC and, arguably, the best QB) they won no SBs. Three before and three after. None during. That's a five year stretch BTW
Coincidence?
:thinking:

They went to the SB an ran into a perfect storm

Back