Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"Around The Horn" Buy Or Sell

Buy - the inner Karnak in me says he'll have 4 on the season.

Buy or Sell - Texans finish higher than third in the division.

Sell: I think Jax is among the top 5 teams in the league.

B/S: Duane Brown is the Texans' Rookie of the Year.

Sell - Olinemen don't get enough credit for something of that magnetude.

B/S - McFadden will win OROY

Sell. I think he will help the Raiders tremendously, but they still have a lot of questions for that offense.

B/S - Reliant Stadium is rocking for the MNF game

Sell. I think he will help the Raiders tremendously, but they still have a lot of questions for that offense.

B/S - Reliant Stadium is rocking for the MNF game

Buy (It'll be rockin more than it ever has....even more than 19-10

B/S The Texans will WIN that MNF game

BUY!!! Jacksonville here on MNF and Battlle Red gear?? C'mon!!

B/S Ah-Man "I'm hurt again" Green rushes for 1,000.

Over the rest of his career, maybe I'm buying, this year, I'm selling early and cheap.

B/S The same 5 guys that line up on the OLine opening day are the same 5 that finish the last game they play.

Over the rest of his career, maybe I'm buying, this year, I'm selling early and cheap.

B/S The same 5 guys that line up on the OLine opening day are the same 5 that finish the last game they play.

going to buy... odds are we should stay healthy for at least one season right?

b/s AJ will lead the NFL in YAC

Sell - Olinemen don't get enough credit for something of that magnetude.

B/S - McFadden will win OROY

He'll be on IR by game 6.
Jonathan Stewart will be ORotY because he will BE Carolina's running attack.

(remember, you heard it here first :D )

Jonathan Stewart will be ORotY because he will BE Carolina's running attack.

(remember, you heard it here first :D )

Buy - J. Stew aka Snoop was a monster at Oregon. The only thing is that he's going from a spread offense to a power run scheme. With that said, I think he's gonna thrive behind the huge OL that Carolina is putting together.

Buy or Sell - Texans will be at or above .500 heading into the bye week?

Buy - J. Stew aka Snoop was a monster at Oregon. The only thing is that he's going from a spread offense to a power run scheme. With that said, I think he's gonna thrive behind the huge OL that Carolina is putting together.

Buy or Sell - Texans will be at or above .500 heading into the bye week?

Buy, I can see us winning against Baltimore,Tennessee,Dolphins and Lions to make us 4-3 going into the bye week.

B/S - Mario and Rosey will have double digit sack totals this coming season?

Buy, I can see us winning against Baltimore,Tennessee,Dolphins and Lions to make us 4-3 going into the bye week.

B/S - Mario and Rosey will have double digit sack totals this coming season?

Sell, Mario will and Colvin will be up around the 7-8 sack mark.

B/S We have a positive takeaway/giveaway differential?

I will take a risk and buy. We had 26 fumbles last year... thats absurd. The league average was somewhere in the 10-12 range. I can see us being average in this department for several reasons I wont get into. That improvement along with more pressure from the D up front should tilt us just a tad over to the pos side.

B/S I will drink too much before our first game at Reliant due to the uncontrollable excitement of being back in the middle of all the GREATNESS a home game brings.

This is a toughie. I believe we'll cut down the giveaways but will we increase the takeaways?
awww screw it!
I'm buying.

Buy/Sell:
Our running game will be so successful that we will average over 150 yds/game.

Sell. Demeco and Mario will start, but I don't think a 3rd will.

Buy or Sell, Chris Brown has 600 yards rushing

Buy. I think Brown will lead our team in rushing. I'm not sold on Ahman, for some reason....

Buy or Sell, our offense AND defense finish among the top 15 in the league next year.

Buy. Mario, Ryans, and Bennet. Yeah, thats right.

B/S, 15 rushing TD's total for our rushing attack?

Bennett to the Pro Bowl... wow.

Buy - Texans ground game will average over .94 rushing TDs a game.

Buy or Sell - Texans will surrender fewer than 22 sacks (2007 total).

Buy, i have confidence in him to stay healthy

Owen Daniels will have less than 4 fumbles this season.

Buy, i have confidence in him to stay healthy

Owen Daniels will have less than 4 fumbles this season.

Buy - God I hope so... I think he's going to see less touches, but probably have more touchdowns.

Buy/Sell - Zach Diles will start/stay at the SAM for all 16 games.

Sell, he will have a lot more reps by then, but he might not start this season at all.

B/S: The Texans will have their least amount of injuries in franchise history.

Buy, they'll all be on that alkaline water stuff. :)

B/S: The Texans will win at least 3 of their six divisional games this year. :texflag:

Buy, they'll all be on that alkaline water stuff. :)

B/S: The Texans will win at least 3 of their six divisional games this year. :texflag:

Buy, they'll win two against the Titans and one each against the Jags and Colts.

B/S: The Texans running game gets over 4 yard per rush for the season.

Buy, they'll win two against the Titans and one each against the Jags and Colts.

B/S: The Texans running game gets over 4 yard per rush for the season.

Buy, they will get 4.1 yards per rush this season.

B/S: A Texans running back (don't know who, but somebody) and Andre Johnson get over 1,000 yards each this season and Schaub throws for over 3,000 yards.

Sell, a RB won't get 1,000 yards.

B/S: Demeco gets more than 120 tackles this season.

sell... offense will run the ball more and keep the defense off of the field

Demeco will have more than 5 sacks this season

I'll buy that. I think he's going to continue where he left off last season.

B/S: Amobi gets at least 0.5 sacks per game this season.

Sell: As talented as I think Amobi is, I don't think he'll get all the way up to 8 sacks this year. It's just really hard for a tackle to get lots of sacks like that unless they are a special talent. Give him another year or so and I'll buy this one everytime, but not this year.

Buy or Sell: The Jaguars have lost key personnel on their defense. Their defense will not be as good this year as it was last year.

Sell: As talented as I think Amobi is, I don't think he'll get all the way up to 8 sacks this year. It's just really hard for a tackle to get lots of sacks like that unless they are a special talent. Give him another year or so and I'll buy this one everytime, but not this year.

Buy or Sell: The Jaguars have lost key personnel on their defense. Their defense will not be as good this year as it was last year.

I'll buy this one ...but I want a discount since they picked up a good CB (Florence) from SD and also picked up some DL help in the draft.

Buy or Sell?
...let's go out into left field....
Bulman and/or Maddox take Weaver's and/or T.J.'s starting job before the season is out. IOW, Weaver or T.J. slip down the depth chart by season's end.

I'll buy this one ...but I want a discount since they picked up a good CB (Florence) from SD and also picked up some DL help in the draft.

Buy or Sell?
...let's go out into left field....
Bulman and/or Maddox take Weaver's and/or T.J.'s starting job before the season is out. IOW, Weaver or T.J. slip down the depth chart by season's end.

I'll buy that but only if you throw in a Frank Okam without raising the price. I honestly think TJ is in more trouble of moving down than Weaver is though. TJ has gotten retarded penalties (Last season), and is starting out of the gate hurt (hasn't played in OTA's or mini-camp). That's going to be a big factor.

With Weaver, I think it'll take a really good showing by a DE to really upend him out of his job. And I don't think he'll slip down the depth chart as much as possibly take over TJ's spot if he shows that he's capable. Maybe these should be seperate now that I think about it. I'd buy the TJ moving down, not so sure about Weaver, just because it seems like we have more talent at DT than we do at DE once we get to the depth charts.

But yeah, I'd still buy that.

Buy or Sell: Gary Kubiak will win more coaches challenges than 1 during the season.

I'll buy that but only if you throw in a Frank Okam without raising the price. I honestly think TJ is in more trouble of moving down than Weaver is though. TJ has gotten retarded penalties (Last season), and is starting out of the gate hurt (hasn't played in OTA's or mini-camp). That's going to be a big factor.

With Weaver, I think it'll take a really good showing by a DE to really upend him out of his job. And I don't think he'll slip down the depth chart as much as possibly take over TJ's spot if he shows that he's capable. Maybe these should be seperate now that I think about it. I'd buy the TJ moving down, not so sure about Weaver, just because it seems like we have more talent at DT than we do at DE once we get to the depth charts.

But yeah, I'd still buy that.

Buy or Sell: Gary Kubiak will win more coaches challenges than 1 during the season.

God I hope so. Buy.

Buy or Sell: Peyton Manning will have lingering effects from his "minor" knee surgery?

Buy, cause it's gonna be 3 games this season... :)

B/S: Favre plays somewhere in '08.
Sell.
Can I sell this whole damned soap opera?
In fact, can I just give it to GoodWill?

Buy or Sell?
We will have four WRs/TEs with 60 or more receptions this season.

Back