Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Andrew Luck, shoulder surgery

This surgery was almost inevitable. It all started with a subluxation of his shoulder. It was later exacerbated by an attempt for him to make a tackle. He was found to have a "frayed labrum" (frequently accompanied by rotator cuff tears and ligament stretching) which in the past I pointed out does not heal on its own. If this happened to most of us, strengthening of the rotator cuff/shoulder stabilizing muscles could be enough to result in complete rehab. However, despite what I believed was very unrealistic reports that his injury would not extend and was not something that would effect his performance, the Colts continued to present this face. That is because this type of injury was in an overhead throwing athlete, where repeated motions that cannot be avoided are bound to progress the destruction of the labrum structure and other shoulder structures..........creating significant instability of the shoulder girdle. No doubt, the Colts and Luck were trying to avoid surgery at all costs because in overhead athlete (such as pitchers and quarterbacks), surgery is a crap shoot...........the success rate is very unpredictable...........~50%. The 3 month return to throwing is unrealistic as well.....at least any competitive throwing. With this type of surgery, you are lucky to resolve the pain factor by 4-6 months.........TC/preseason is a target which will be difficult to meet...............and return to peak performance for those 50% that do return to play is unlikely before 12 months. Luck and the Colts have a more difficult climb than what is being purported, and their competitiveness in the AFC must be considered a significant question mark at this point.

Doyel: Andrew Luck was playing hurt — and that's good news
Gregg Doyel , gregg.doyel@indystar.com Published 1:42 p.m. ET Jan. 19, 2017 | Updated 24 hours ago

INDIANAPOLIS — This is a relief: Andrew Luck needed surgery on his throwing shoulder.

This is good news, right? Not that he suffered an injury. That’s not the good news. Only a jackal would consider it good that Luck, the Indianapolis Colts franchise quarterback — and more than that, a terrific guy — suffered anything at all.

But it is encouraging, a relief even, that we now have an answer for one of the burning questions that has ignited this dumpster fire of a franchise:

What’s wrong with Andrew Luck?

For 18 months the Colts have told you the discouraging answer, the wrong answer, the deceitful answer: Nothing’s wrong with Andrew Luck.

And had that been true, well, the Colts would be in a lot of trouble going forward. Because if the Andrew Luck we’ve seen since the start of 2015 is the Andrew Luck we’re going to see throughout his prime, that’s not good enough. He wasn’t remotely good enough in a 2015 season that was fractured by various injuries. Nor was he good enough this past season, regardless of what his numbers say.

As we know, statistics occasionally lie. The statistics say Andrew Luck had perhaps the best season of his career.

The statistics lied.

Luck’s 96.4 passer rating in 2016 was essentially the same as his 2014 career high (96.5), but his 63.5 completion percentage and his 71.0 QBR were significantly better than those numbers (61.7 percent, 61.5 QBR) from that 2014 season.

Remember what we were asking after that 2014 season? We were asking: Is Luck one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL?

Since then we’ve been asking: What happened?

Now we know. Something was wrong, something physical. The talent around him is wrong, the offensive line in front of him is wrong, the coaching on the sideline is wrong. But all of that has been wrong since the day Luck got here, and still he entered the 2015 season as statistically the best young quarterback ever.

Something happened, even as the Colts assured us nothing had happened. Luck appeared on the injury report this season, but coach Chuck Pagano — and Luck — dismissed that as maintenance. They made it sound like Luck was a young pitcher on pitch count: no need to throw too many fastballs during practice.

“The kid’s fine,” Pagano told us. “Leave him alone.”

Did you buy it? Not me, and not lots of us. Something has been wrong with Luck since the 2015 season began. No, I wouldn’t assume the injury he suffered at Tennessee in the third game of 2015 was the catalyst for this surgery. Remember the first two games that season? Luck threw for 493 yards, three touchdowns and five interceptions in losses to the Bills and Jets. His completion percentage was 54.7. His passer rating was 58.9.

He wasn’t good then, didn’t get much better as that stop-and-start season unfolded, and then had a 2016 season in which he threw for 4,240 yards and 31 touchdowns (just 13 interceptions) in 15 games and decided minutes after the final game that he wasn’t pleased at all.

“There’s a fair amount a frustration there, obviously, from the season,” he said after the 24-20 win against Jacksonville on Jan. 1, “with how I played.”

With how I played.

Because while statistics can lie, they can’t lie to Luck, nor to any of us who watched the 2016 season unfold. Unlike in 2014, when Luck and the Colts offense were jumping teams from the outset, the Colts this past season were at their best when they were trailing big and the opposing defense was giving and Luck was taking.

Now we know something was wrong, and that something has been fixed, which means he still could be the quarterback in ascension he was from 2012-14, rather than the quarterback who regressed in 2015 and just wasn’t good enough in 2016.

All together: Whew! Andrew Luck was hurt!

But let’s not overlook this tidbit from Thursday’s announcement. It’s not just the statistics that lie.

The Colts misled us for the entire 2016 season about Luck’s shoulder. Irsay just admitted it.

To be as transparent as possible, I understand why they mislead and even on occasion lie. An NFL franchise is a billion-dollar business, not a Sunday school class, and sometimes the truth is just too inconvenient.

But remember this, the next time someone — OK, that someone will be me — has an opinion that suggests they don’t believe the Colts’ party line. These guys lie. I understand that, but it doesn’t mean I have to pretend to buy it, OK?

Let me tell you a Matt Hasselbeck story you’ve never heard, but before you read that, read this: I love Matt Hasselbeck. If he ever needs a reference from me (he won’t), it would be glowing. Just a wonderful man, that guy.

But he lied to me.

In the 2015 preseason he was terrible — no arm strength, very little accuracy — and I wrote he was terrible. He replaced the injured Luck in the fourth regular-season game, and was amazing. After his first two games that season, when he threw for 495 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a pair of wins, I apologized to him for what I’d written in the preseason. I also asked him: Was something physically wrong in the preseason?

No, he said.

As the 2015 season continued and Luck was injured a second time and Hasselbeck played some more and continued to look stunningly good, I kept asking him what was wrong in the preseason.

Nothing, he kept saying. Nothing.

So this happened in August in Canton, Ohio. The Colts were there for the (canceled) Hall of Fame game. Hasselbeck was there for ESPN. I found him in Canton, and asked him: Was something wrong with you in the 2015 preseason?

This time he said: Yes.

Hasselbeck wouldn’t say what it was, but admitted he’d been dealing with a physical issue that improved as the 2015 regular season began and his practice reps went down. I got playfully angry with him there in Canton, telling him something along the lines of: “Your lies made me look stupid!”

He smiled and apologized, but we both know he didn’t mean it, and that’s OK. It’s the NFL. Information is a commodity, and sometimes telling the truth doesn’t benefit the person who has to tell it.

For more than a year the Colts have deceived you about Andrew Luck’s shoulder. And if you’re a Colts fan, this is what you should be saying today:

Thank goodness they were lying!

*******************************************************************************************************************

They were far from truthful about Luck up to now............and I feel that they may be continuing to be far from truthful even now, as they are presenting his prognosis as though it were a simple "clean out"................could be.............but his history has me far from convinced. And if it turns out to have been a simple "clean out," I would suspect that another surgery awaits him in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
To be as transparent as possible, I understand why they mislead and even on occasion lie. An NFL franchise is a billion-dollar business, not a Sunday school class, and sometimes the truth is just too inconvenient.

But remember this, the next time someone — OK, that someone will be me — has an opinion that suggests they don’t believe the party line. These guys lie

Something we should all keep in mind about any sports franchise, especially in regards to the NFL. If you ain't lying, you ain't trying

There have been multiple rumors that things haven't gone well in his surgery/recovery, some even say He'll never be the same and this was coming from months ago... This was back in April..

https://www.google.com/amp/profootb...ew-luck-shoulder-surgery-was-my-decision/amp/

Now we have reports that he might not even be ready for camp.. So my question is to CND. What exact type of surgery did Luck have (prognosis) and should Colts/Luck fans be seriously worried. It doesn't sound good at all. I screwed up my shoulder, got treatment, and it still locks and pops.. I wonder if he's developing a arthritic condition...I have good and bad days all the time. He also put this off more than a year like I did which probably doesn't help things.

Irsay let it slip in a recent interview that Luck indeed had more than just a simple debridement of a frayed labrum. As I suspected, he had a labral repair for a significant labral tear. And I suspect that he required additional surgery that is still not being revealed like a procedure on the rotator cuff. Despite all the hype of returning week one, his prognosis should be guarded, as it could be a spectrum of possibilities.........from simply never coming back to pre injury level (as demonstrated in most overhead players with this type of injury)..........to never able to make a legitimate comeback. Time will tell. Meanwhile, as I've stated before, once he started throwing, rehab throwing is all he will be allowed for at least 6 weeks. This takes him just about the time of week one. Rehab throwing is nothing like on field in game throwing. He will then need time to field test and build up his arm. Even if he were not injured and post surgical at all, but missed all of OTAs and TC, how prepared do you really think he could be to take on game play the beginning of the season? But post surgery, his arm will not be fully healed and his timing which will be compromised just because of missed time with the team will be further messed up when he finds that his arm limitations will not allow him to create the timing he was once used to.

Report: Colts still expect Luck to emerge from PUP before Week One
August 1, 2017, 10:00 PM EDT

A week into camp, the Colts still haven’t activated quarterback Andrew Luck from the physically unable to perform list. G.M. Chris Ballard said last week that it will happen before Week One; according to George Bremer of the Anderson (Ind.) Herald Bulletin, that assessment still stands.

Even if Luck is ready for Week One, he’s missing valuable reps in practice. Last week, former NFL coach Kevin Gilbride joined PFT Live to discuss among other things the importance of the reps Luck isn’t able to take.

“I think it’s very important,” Gilbride said. “Obviously I look at it through a special lens because as a coach you believe every rep is important, every practice, every meeting. And it’s critical to development. It’s probably not as important as coaches always thought it was. But in truth there’s no doubt that this is an important time frame in terms of getting a guy ready.

“Mentally, depending on upon how much if any they’re changing offensively, you’d like to get as much familiarity with whatever it is you’re gonna be doing. Regardless of whether it’s the exact same offense or not, there’s a time frame where you focus on the individual, on the development and growth of your teams, your cohesion, your unity, your improvement, your elevation of execution of your play. Because once the season starts you’re focused almost entirely and exclusively on getting ready for your opponent. This is the time where techniques and fundamentals and your rehearsal of doing things over and over making sure that whatever footwork and body language you’re using on a particular run when you execute that play-action off that particular exact run action that it looks exactly the same. And you film those things, and you show them, and you can spend time working and making sure that they look as much as possible and to be exactly the same. So when the defense is looking at it they can’t tell the difference.

“You don’t have time to be doing that stuff during the season. . . . We had a ball handling section, we had an upper body section where we just worked on the throwing motions of the upper body. We had an eye focus and visualization section. We had movement drills, we had mental work, we had classroom work, we had accuracy drills, we had pass set-up drills, we had throwing on the move drills, we had quickness and foot control drills. You don’t have time to do those things during the season. This is your time to make sure that you are ready as you can be to play your position.”

Gilbride provided a good comparison that crystallizes the problem that will arise if Luck tries to play without practice.

“I always liken it to when you rehearse for a speech,” Gilbride said. “Well the first time you give that speech you’ve worked and you’ve worked and you’ve worked and it comes across pretty well. But the second time you’re a little bit better. The third time you’re even better. By the time you give it the fifth or sixth time you’re really — all the pauses, all the intonations, all the points of emphasis, you’ve really got it down. You’re not even thinking about it anymore. And that’s certainly where you wanna get your quarterback to. The difference between success and almost being successful is very, very small. I think every rep you can get as a quarterback, just like any position, but the quarterback position specifically that you can get in the OTAs and in your training camp and in your exhibition season, you gotta get them now. Because once the season starts it’s all about the opponent.”

Luck is surely smart enough and skilled enough to eventually get himself ready, and he’s surely putting in plenty of work without practicing. But with no reps in the offseason program and no reps thus far in camp and uncertainty as to when he’ll be able to practice, there’s reason for Colts fans not to worry about whether he’ll be able to go in September, but whether he’ll be ready to go.

I've read where there are now calling it a rotator cuff repair. Of course, that can be anything from a mild tear of one of the four tendons that are part of the rotator cuff to full blown tears of all four.

One year ago I had full bicep repair, two near full thickness tears of rotator cuff, one partial tear and one tendinosis of the other.

I can't throw a baseball. I've learned to throw with my left hand, it is so bad. It's getting better, but it is very slow. Of course, I'm not that young and my shoulder has been a bit frozen, but... My doctor says I will be able to throw a baseball but it might be later this year, next year or in two years.

When your arm is in a sling for six weeks and you are told to not move it, you can't imagine how much muscle mass you lose. I couldn't even press down to clean a counter or hit tennis ball pop flies to my kid outside six months later. I'm just now getting some my strength back through weight lifting.

And, it throws off your entire stretch. Your back compensates for the arm not being able to extend over your head. With his back issues, I'm sure this really adds to that.

He'll probably come back, but he'll never be the same. That's my personal thought.

I've read where there are now calling it a rotator cuff repair. Of course, that can be anything from a mild tear of one of the four tendons that are part of the rotator cuff to full blown tears of all four.

One year ago I had full bicep repair, two near full thickness tears of rotator cuff, one partial tear and one tendinosis of the other.

I can't throw a baseball. I've learned to throw with my left hand, it is so bad. It's getting better, but it is very slow. Of course, I'm not that young and my shoulder has been a bit frozen, but... My doctor says I will be able to throw a baseball but it might be later this year, next year or in two years.

When your arm is in a sling for six weeks and you are told to not move it, you can't imagine how much muscle mass you lose. I couldn't even press down to clean a counter or hit tennis ball pop flies to my kid outside six months later. I'm just now getting some my strength back through weight lifting.

And, it throws off your entire stretch. Your back compensates for the arm not being able to extend over your head. With his back issues, I'm sure this really adds to that.

He'll probably come back, but he'll never be the same. That's my personal thought.

Shoulder surgery is tough surgery in general, much tougher when a combined labrum and rotator cuff problem, especially in the overhead athlete. Your impression is supported by multiple studies of overhead athletes. And significant numbers never can make it back at all.

what did they say luck would be coming out of college the next steve young .????

It's the curse of Peyton Manning. They didn't resign him. He wrnt on to win a SB. Now they are doomed to have injury riddled qbs.

Still no clues as to when Andrew Luck will be practicing, playing
August 7, 2017, 8:02 PM EDT

As the Colts approach their first preseason game, and roughly a month before the first game that counts, quarterback Andrew Luck continues to not be practicing due to his surgically-repaired shoulder. And no one knows where he stands.

Kevin Bowen of Colts.com provided the following update in a daily email from training camp: “Do not read much into Andrew Luck being present at the last two Colts’ practices. Chuck Pagano threw up the red flag on if Luck’s recent practice attendance means his return to participate is definitely coming soon. The Colts enter Week Two of Training Camp with Luck still on the PUP list. Until Saturday’s practice, Luck had been isolated from the media for the bulk of camp. Where is Luck in his throwing rehab schedule? Will his return to practice come in the next week or so? Those questions remain unanswered as the team’s regular season opener is less than five weeks away.”

While the Colts are surely keeping their cards close to the vest, the lack of clarity regarding his status is discouraging, especially since he continues to miss key drills and other reps aimed at getting him ready for the season. Even if he’s healthy enough to play come Week One, Luck may not be as ready as he needs to be. Which will make it harder for him to be effective and to remain healthy throughout a season in which the AFC South will be as wide open as it’s ever been.

The Colts keeps throwing out fluff information on Luck.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Chris Ballard: Andrew Luck’s strength levels above last year
Posted by Josh Alper on August 13, 2017, 4:20 PM EDT

Colts quarterback Andrew Luck still hasn’t practiced with the team in training camp and no one around the team has moved to shut down thoughts that he might miss time in the regular season, but General Manager Chris Ballard did share some positive information about Luck’s condition on Sunday.

Ballard appeared on the television broadcast of the Colts’ game against the Lions and gave an update about Luck that suggests things are moving in the right direction.

“He’s doing really well,” Ballard said, via Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star. “His strength levels are probably better than they were at any point last season.”

The Colts haven’t publicly discussed anything about Luck’s current rehab work in terms of throwing the football, but Ballard’s comments provide a hint that the quarterback is doing enough of it to inform the G.M.’s comparison. What that might mean for a return to a full schedule isn’t clear, but the Colts will likely continue to be deliberate with their franchise player as the season draws closer.

********************************************************************************************************************************

Even though overhead throwing athletes like Luck may demonstrate improvements in pain and general function following surgical repair of the labrum (if you can believe that's all that was performed), following full rehab, subtle changes in accuracy or velocity as a result of surgery can significantly affect the success of such an athlete at this competitive level........so that as I have posted before, it is unusual that they ever regain pre-injury performance level.

Rehab protocol dictates that a QB does not practice with the team before he has been throwing for at least 6 weeks. He began throwing ~July 20. That would mean that if things went perfectly, he should not be out there with his teammates until at least August 31. The Colts 1st game is September 10. That's hardly enough time to expect a safe and half way effective debut. If the Colts put Luck out there with the OL I saw today, He is unlikely to make it through many games without visiting Dr. Andrews again.

I can understand his strength is returning, but how's his range of motion? I bet it ain't what it used to be. I bet he can't touch the back of his neck!

I can understand his strength is returning, but how's his range of motion? I bet it ain't what it used to be. I bet he can't touch the back of his neck!

Huh? Come feel my broken collarbone. I touch the back of my neck fine. Can't throw a football. That's the rotator cuff. Still can touch the back of my neck.

Is Andrew Luck's career going to be the same?
Can he still become an elite quarterback?

The defenses in the AFC South are scary good.
Even if he hits the field he could go down with one big hit.
The Texans defense would likely knock him out for the year.

I like the kid, Houston ties and all, but I feel bad for him.

Is Andrew Luck's career going to be the same?
Can he still become an elite quarterback?

The defenses in the AFC South are scary good.
Even if he hits the field he could go down with one big hit.
The Texans defense would likely knock him out for the year.

I like the kid, Houston ties and all, but I feel bad for him.
I wouldn't feel that bad for Luck. His shoulder problem was (known to Luck and the Colts, not fans) through 2015, with some of his many missed practices and games masked by his rib and kidney injuries (not real mention of his ongoing progressive shoulder problem. He was signed in June 2016 with his known problems. He (with the OK of the Colts) chose to play last year knowing it would probably seriously worsen his condition leading to more major surgery and less predictable outcome than if had would have addressed it sooner. Whether he even plays another down in the NFL, he will still receive $87 million of his $120 million contract dollars. I also feel bad for him in that it may affect the game he loves to play, but poor short-sighted decisions usually have their consequences.

Ballard has now stated that Luck "will miss at least the first game of the 2017 season, and likely a few more." He hasn't practiced with the team yet. After shoulder surgery, you typically need ~6 weeks of throwing in practice with your team before going into a game situation.

Colts traded previous #1 draft pick in Dorsett to the Patriots for Brissett. They're really desperate at QB. The Patriots just landed a hell of a talent to help their offense stretch the field with Cooks now.

Last edited:
Colts traded previous #1 draft pick in Dorsett to the Patriots for Brissett. They're really desperate at QB. The Patriots just landed a hell of a talent to help their offense stretch the field with Cooks now.
With the loss of Cooks, he is more likely to be put in the slot. With his size, I wonder how long he lasts when playing regularly. An interesting observation, Cooks has performed quite a bit better indoors, as opposed to outdoors. In 25 games in a dome (per Football Reference), he averaged 71.4 receiving yards on 5.1 catches, good for 13.95 yards per reception and 15 touchdowns. In 12 games outdoors, Cooks averaged 57.8 yards on 5.0 catches, with 11.57 yards per reception and four touchdowns. Wonder if it has anything to do with his small hands.

Colts like most things have totally mishandled this injury to Luck. Screw em tho, they werent doing much with him anyways IMO

Just weeks after resuming practice, Andrew Luck's path to playing again this season is on hold.

Colts general manager Chris Ballard announced Wednesday that the team's star quarterback is being shut down because of "soreness" in his surgically repaired shoulder.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Luck' shoulder has been sore from the day he started back throwing. Instead of slowly resolving as would be expected, it has been increasing, until his last session when it became severe and worrisome, despite the fact that throughout his period of throwing he only threw short and soft passes. It was only then that he was "shut down." I read one account by an orthopedic surgeon making the comment that this type of backstep is normal.......that it's due to muscles that haven't been used for so long. First of all Luck received a steroid (cortisone) injection recently to treat the soreness. I would suspect that the muscles were not the primary target of therapy......rather an injection of cortisone into tendinous and/or ligamentous tissue and/or labrum and/or intra-articular joint (of which I am not a great fan of, since any one of these structures can be further damaged by the steroid). Such a "setback" is likely not to put him back a couple of weeks.......he will need to rest for at least 2 weeks........then go back to only limited light throwing again...........and after that time it is more likely to put him back at least to when he began practicing.............or with ongoing/recurrent problems, even as far back as July 24 (the date he was reported to have first begun throwing again) in his active rehab.

When this whole ordeal for Luck began, I stated that we may never again see the Luck of old, and that, in fact, his return was not assured. Now more than ever, I see the later a very real possibility.

Last edited:
All of a sudden, a 2017 season without Andrew Luck seems like a distinct possibility. There was a time when the Colts hoped their quarterback would be ready for Week 1 following offseason surgery for a shoulder injury he'd been dealing with since 2015. Hope returned when Luck showed up at practice two weeks ago and began throwing. But now, he's being shut down again for the time being in response to soreness in his recovering arm.

Indianapolis GM Chris Ballard would not rule out Luck's chances of playing this season, opting to not put him on IR, but Wednesday’s news indicates we are likely at least a month away from him being back to 100 percent, and if the JacobyBrissett-led Colts are, say, 3-7 at that point, is it worth throwing the franchise cornerstone back into the mix?
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/19/andrew-luck-teddy-bridgewater-injury-mmqb-morning-huddle

When this whole ordeal for Luck began, I stated that we may never again see the Luck of old, and that, in fact, his return was not assured. Now more than ever, I see the later a very real possibility.

I am with you on this. I very much suspect that he may done for good. Damn shame if he is. The kid is/was a real talent. Yes it will take a huge thorn out of our side in the division, but still would hate to see it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-feeling-pain-again-trying-to-figure-out-why/

Report: Andrew Luck feeling pain again, trying to figure out why
Posted by Charean Williams on October 29, 2017, 3:12 PM EDT
8621450621-e1509304316935.jpg

Getty Images
It looks more and more likely by the week that Colts quarterback Andrew Luck won’t see the field again this year. The latest is he began experiencing pain again after throwing a couple of weeks ago, via Fox’s Jay Glazer, and has sought further medical opinions to determine why.

Luck, 27, hasn’t thrown since Oct. 18 and received a cortisone shot.

Luck, who had shoulder surgery in January, has yet to play this season. The Colts have had no timeline for his return and have made it clear they don’t intend to shut him down this season.

But Indianapolis will have to change course and shelve Luck for the season if they can’t determine why he remains in pain so long after surgery, Glazer said.

Posted this this morning in the wrong thread (NFL RANDOM THOUGHT OF THE DAY):

Luck is seeking at least one 2nd opinion today. I don't see this being any good sign. I don't see this last event being a "minor" setback with muscle soreness as it was characterized by the Colts. Two weeks after he received a steroid injection, he is not even returning to beginning to throw lightly on the side of the field..........rather, he is in a surgeon's office searching for answers to why he can't. The Colts and Luck need to accept that this is major setback and that he not only may not make it back at least this year, but may have also bought the "opportunity" to go back to surgery sometime down the line.

With every major injury return, there is a mental aspect that needs to be overcome. But Irsay is saying that Luck's shoulder present problem basically "is in his head." One thing you can't say about Luck is that he is not tough. If the Colts don't at least look into his shoulder with an arthroscope to rule out significant damage, and they proceed with their plan to try to rehab him for 2-3 months, he will be recovering from another late surgery if it's necessary.......likely with the same unpredictable situation that he went through this past offseason/preseason.

With every major injury return, there is a mental aspect that needs to be overcome. But Irsay is saying that Luck's shoulder present problem basically "is in his head." One thing you can't say about Luck is that he is not tough. If the Colts don't at least look into his shoulder with an arthroscope to rule out significant damage, and they proceed with their plan to try to rehab him for 2-3 months, he will be recovering from another late surgery if it's necessary.......likely with the same unpredictable situation that he went through this past offseason/preseason.

Is it possible the team doctors are saying he is good to go, but he feels something different in his arm that tells him he isn’t. Might add to the reason he sought the second opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REPORT: Colts Fear Andrew Luck Won’t Be Able To Play Again In NFL

Coming off a shoulder injury last season, Andrew Luck was slated to start the season for the Colts and regain Pro Bowl form. The reality has been anything but.

After Luck’s return was pushed back to Week 2, the Colts quarterback has yet to see the field through Week 10.

Now the Colts believe the injury, which isn’t healing properly, could end Luck’s promising career.

According to a report from ESPN 107.5 / 1070 The Fan’s Tony Donohue, Luck is going to miss the entire 2017-18 season, but he may never play in the NFL again.

http://dailysnark.com/report-andrew-lucks-career-colts-fear-wont-able-play-nfl/

REPORT: Colts Fear Andrew Luck Won’t Be Able To Play Again In NFL

Coming off a shoulder injury last season, Andrew Luck was slated to start the season for the Colts and regain Pro Bowl form. The reality has been anything but.

After Luck’s return was pushed back to Week 2, the Colts quarterback has yet to see the field through Week 10.

Now the Colts believe the injury, which isn’t healing properly, could end Luck’s promising career.

According to a report from ESPN 107.5 / 1070 The Fan’s Tony Donohue, Luck is going to miss the entire 2017-18 season, but he may never play in the NFL again.

http://dailysnark.com/report-andrew-lucks-career-colts-fear-wont-able-play-nfl/

Someone has been saying that for the longest and I can’t remember who. CnD maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible for Luck.

If the fricken colts suck / tank for another highly rated QB and the only bad thing is they "miss" a year..... good LAWD! Which, they have Brissett and he's actually looking pretty good

Luck is in Europe now undergoing some undisclosed treatment. It is most likely Regenokine injections, possibly mixed with stem cell injections. These have never been shown to give controlled results.....except in the case of Regenokine in a study conducted by the company that produces it. Isolated positive results have been at best at this point anecdotal. I have a feeling come OTAs, Luck will take off again right where he left off last season, and probably ultimately require additional surgery anyway before it's over.

Isn't that the same treatment that he!ped Paytons neck so much? If it works as well for Luck as it did for Payton then the AFCS got a whole lot harder for other teams to win.

Luck is in Europe now undergoing some undisclosed treatment. It is most likely Regenokine injections, possibly mixed with stem cell injections. These have never been shown to give controlled results.....except in the case of Regenokine in a study conducted by the company that produces it. Isolated positive results have been at best at this point anecdotal. I have a feeling come OTAs, Luck will take off again right where he left off last season, and probably ultimately require additional surgery anyway before it's over.
100% of it works 50% of the time.

Luck insists that he will play in 2018 (repeat promise from last year). He has just come back from the Netherlands where he has been undergoing rehab. He is not revealing what his rehab has entailed, but it seems that he is hell-bent to rehab without even a diagnostic scope to definitively determine if/what is the problem. If conservative rehab fails, he will not likely find this out until >2 months after he begins throwing again................setting himself up for a repeat of last years repeated delay in timeline to return.......if that is ever to occur.

Jim Irsay insists optimism about Andrew Luck was “completely warranted”
Posted by Josh Alper on January 1, 2018, 5:12 PM EST

Colts owner Jim Irsay took part in a press conference with General Manager Chris Ballard on Monday that was ostensibly about the decision to fire head coach Chuck Pagano after six seasons on the job.

That decision may not have been made if quarterback Andrew Luck played at all during the 2017 season and that meant that Luck’s health was a big topic of discussion. So was Irsay’s vow that Luck would be ready for the start of the season after having right shoulder surgery last offseason, something that has been widely criticized as an intentional misrepresentation given how things played out.

On Monday, Irsay pushed back at that interpretation. He said that his optimism in Luck’s return was “completely warranted” and that he would never have believed that Luck would be out for so long. Irsay then doubled down on the optimism when it came to Luck’s status for the 2018 season.

Irsay said that Luck would be back with “fierce fire in his eyes” and that it is “really exciting” to see the progress that Luck has made in his recovery. Irsay went on and on, making it clear he has “no doubt” that Luck is going to return to do “great things” as an NFL quarterback.

Luck was less fiery during his own press conference last week, but did say he expects to be ready for the offseason program this year.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

What progress?............he is still not throwing! Irsay must be getting into more than alcohol now. He must also be finding it "really exciting" to watch grass grow.:kitten:

Did you see him on the sidelines last game? He wouldn't move that right arm for anything. It just hung straight down. I would think that by now he could at least move it some.

Did you see him on the sidelines last game? He wouldn't move that right arm for anything. It just hung straight down. I would think that by now he could at least move it some.
Yeah I noticed that too. Made it seem like he can't move it at all.

Back