Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2018 Texans Player Transactions

If OB was that worried about the RB situation maybe he would give that Buddy Howell guy a carry - put has he even seen the field yet? Doesn't even play on special teams I don't think.

Unless I'm missing something we poached that guy from Miami just to keep a specific spot on the bench warm.

If OB was that worried about the RB situation maybe he would give that Buddy Howell guy a carry - put has he even seen the field yet? Doesn't even play on special teams I don't think.

Unless I'm missing something we poached that guy from Miami just to keep a specific spot on the bench warm.
I've seen him do a positive play once on special teams, I believe against the Colts, but haven't heard anything from him again.

I've seen him do a positive play once on special teams, I believe against the Colts, but haven't heard anything from him again.

He forced a fumble on a Bills kickoff return. He has been a solid special teamer, there is more to it than just making the tackle. Lane intergrity and getting off blocks are very important and often go over looked because people focus on the player who makes the tackle, but without other players doing the other 2 things that tackle rarely gets made

He forced a fumble on a Bills kickoff return. He has been a solid special teamer, there is more to it than just making the tackle. Lane intergrity and getting off blocks are very important and often go over looked because people focus on the player who makes the tackle, but without other players doing the other 2 things that tackle rarely gets made
I wonder why we haven't tried him at running back? Is it because he still needs to learn some things?

yup the extra motions seem to freeze the backers just long enough for us to get holes opened up for Miller and Blue. I know Coutee is out, but hopefully they still use Ervin in the end around to be a decoy enough to do the same against the Dolphins.

That extra motion has been there. Just think Jax just sucks defending the run.

That extra motion has been there. Just think Jax just sucks defending the run.

It was there, just not as much. Probably because Coutee was out for the first few weeks, and teams weren't really keying in on it his first couple of games. Now that we have shown we can use it effectively teams have to respect it. Ervin isn't nearly as twitchy or explosive as Coutee, but he is still fast enough where I think him getting a head start by being in motion should make teams have to respect it still.

None fully make it back.

Don't forget Steelbtexan.....they said the same thing about Clowney's procedure. These guys are really young and their chances of bouncing back are better than in the past. I just hope they go ahead and IR Foreman for the remainder of the season so his his healing and rehab can be the main priority. I just want to see him at his healthiest when he comes back to the Texans in 2019....that'll also be a full season to heal overall while saving a year of wear and tear on his body.

Don't forget Steelbtexan.....they said the same thing about Clowney's procedure. These guys are really young and their chances of bouncing back are better than in the past. I just hope they go ahead and IR Foreman for the remainder of the season so his his healing and rehab can be the main priority. I just want to see him at his healthiest when he comes back to the Texans in 2019....that'll also be a full season to heal overall while saving a year of wear and tear on his body.

How many Cheetos do you think the dude will eat in a year? No football. No working out with team.

I'm not saying we should rush him back, but if he's ready to play, he's ready to play. Today would have been a good game to work him back into shape (If he were ready) instead of that wasted time at the end of the half & 4 minutes left in the game. He doesn't need to make a big play, just go out there & bang a little bit.

Hopefully there will be more of these blowout type games when he gets healthy.

Just my 2 cents but if Foreman can get on field healthy, he should make a difference and losing Fuller makes me look at TEs and RBs.

I'm offering the Redskins a RD7 or no better than a RD6 for Samaje Perine. That's not a crazy expense for a RB like Perine, who could form a solid backfield with Foreman in 2019. Perine could give the Texans the required bridge to let Foreman get fully healthy while getting a decent work load out of him down the stretch. I would then re-sign Miller and use Perine to replace Blue. Miller could become a very strong weapon if Foreman and Perine could do the dirty work.

BOB was talking about how hard some players work to get back, and seemed to give a backhand slap to Foreman. Seems the coach does not think he is doing everything he needs to do for the team. Cannot find the interview now. I would not rush him back, we have two healthy RB's for now who seem to be getting the job done

This is not truly correct. Burton was released from the Falcons PS prior to signing with the Texans.

Another size/speed prospect which Gaine has shown a preference for thus far. 6’1” 200 38” vertical...

Interesting to note that he played WR in college but has been moved to CB since entering the NFL as a UDFA last season.

I’m sure if he plays his main position will be on the special teams unit.

This is not truly correct. Burton was released from the Falcons PS prior to signing with the Texans.

From the Texans site doc: "The Houston Texans signed CB Deante Burton to the active roster off the Atlanta Falcons practice squad."

Not too sure why they would place him on the active roster if they didn't have to. Of course the official site isn't too highly regarded in these parts.

Not to sure that it makes any difference in the grand scheme of things...:)

But Gaine sure is staying busy.

:coffee:

From the Texans site doc: "The Houston Texans signed CB Deante Burton to the active roster off the Atlanta Falcons practice squad."

Not too sure why they would place him on the active roster if they didn't have to. Of course the official site isn't too highly regarded in these parts.

Have you seen how decimated we are at corner right now? We had to add a body to the roster lol.

So does this mean everyone's preseason corner crush Chachere isn't doing so hot in practices? I mean we have added what 3 or 4 street free agents to our roster before promoting him

All the Houston media are reporting it as such. However, the Falcons official site and other related sites report that he was waived. Why directly to the active roster then?...............desperation...........our real CBs are either out or significantly injured. Jackson (moved from S) this Sunday is the only one that can be counted on. In the last several weeks, JJo has gone from groin to hip and now to ankle and knee. Bademosi is really the only other one and has played in 8 games mostly STs with the only stats accumulated>>>>2 assisted tackles.

The official site sucks.

I'm glad Gaine is working.

All the Houston media are reporting it as such. However, the Falcons official site and other related sites report that he was waived. Why directly to the active roster then?...............desperation...........our real CBs are either out or significantly injured. Jackson (moved from S) this Sunday is the only one that can be counted on. In the last several weeks, JJo has gone from groin to hip and now to ankle and knee. Bademosi is really the only other one and has played in 8 games mostly STs with the only stats accumulated>>>>2 assisted tackles.

Yep, they're going to be really hurting at CB for the next 4-6 weeks. Hopefully JJo can make it back and be healthy for the playoffs.

Yep, they're going to be really hurting at CB for the next 4-6 weeks. Hopefully JJo can make it back and be healthy for the playoffs.

Playoffs? Playoffs?!?! You’re talking about playoffs.

With no corners, we’re going to need the offense to explode or the rush to get home constantly to win enough games to stay in the hunt.

Have you seen how decimated we are at corner right now? We had to add a body to the roster lol.

So does this mean everyone's preseason corner crush Chachere isn't doing so hot in practices? I mean we have added what 3 or 4 street free agents to our roster before promoting him

I was wondering the same thing, why can't Chachere get a shot. He did look serviceable during the preseason.

Signing someone off another teams practice squad requires player to then become on active roster by team who acquired him.

That was my reasoning for him to be placed on the 53. Was some question whether he was released or pilfered.

Then I was reminded how thin we are now at the CB position.

Confident that our cracker jack coaching staff will have our two new players up to speed by Sunday. :hides:

I feel better about a defender; think RAC is better equipped to handle such changes.
DT87 on the other hand I can see running basic routes. I’m not convinced about the offense at all.

Or play QBs like Blake Bortles, Josh Allen, etc. like we’ve been doing!

Or a couple of rookies coming up like Mayfield/Darnold and a rematch with Bortles/Mariota. Rac should have some fun.

He probably is in the Special Teams doghouse. Mike Tyson, AJ Moore, and Jamerson have all been on ST units.

This along with Bademosi/Reid is what a commitment to ST's looks like.

I feel better about a defender; think RAC is better equipped to handle such changes.
DT87 on the other hand I can see running basic routes. I’m not convinced about the offense at all.

With this OL you shouldn't be convinced.

Or a couple of rookies coming up like Mayfield/Darnold and a rematch with Bortles/Mariota. Rac should have some fun.

This along with Bademosi/Reid is what a commitment to ST's looks like.

And no surprise our ST units have been better thus far than at any other point in franchise history. A good performer on offense/defense does not always equate to good special teamer. And same goes the other way.

Kareem Jackson at corner. CB Colvin was "limited" in today's practice as was Hal who might actually play some corner as might Bademosi. I expect Joseph to wrap his injured leg around his neck and tuck his ankle inside his jersey and play.

The Texans⁠ have waived Tyler Ervin and claimed WR DeAndre Carter off waivers from the Eagles.

Coutee insurance? Both are about a wash in the return game, I guess Ervin wasn't doing enough in the slot, but the Eagles have had receiver issues this season and this guy has only caught 2 passes all year so Idk how much of an upgrade he is there, especially not knowing our playbook

Back