Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2014 Texans have waived/released...

I totally agree with this. Totally legit argument.

Look everybody you can see Earl Mitchell end Cushing's 2012 season at this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iwf8J2LNw

In 2013 Mitchell ended Cushing's season by letting a RB run right into Cush's knee.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...e-injury/501ffdde-8d38-4d0b-ba85-892f493eb11c

The most impressive part was that Mitchell managed to do this while not even being on the field for either play. Get that guy as far away from Houston as you can or Cushing may never play another down!

But I stand by my thoughts that Mitchell was terrible against the run and OL was constantly getting to Cushing/Mays legs. Probably because he was miscast as a NT. I'm sure he will do much better in a 4-3 in Miami as WF said.

Smith is a solid player. Not anything special, but not a JAG either IMO. He's also slotted to be an interior rusher for Oakland, not a DE.

That's probably because he's not a NT. He's a 3' tech pass rusher who was miscast as a NT in a system that didn't suit his skill set. I'm fairly confident he will have a good year in Miami and people around here will be stunned. He was no slouch coming out of college. Just misused.

Pretty sure he struggled with injuries because he took a cheap-shot clip from behind for his first injury and misread a cut-block on his second injury. Neither play involved Mitchell so I fail to see where he fits into that equation.

I agree on Tate. He's definitely a physical talent, but he has plenty of areas to improve on.

I'm pretty much in agreement with this post.

But I stand by my thoughts that Mitchell was terrible against the run and OL was constantly getting to Cushing/Mays legs. Probably because he was miscast as a NT. I'm sure he will do much better in a 4-3 in Miami as WF said.

Standing behind something inane doesn't make you right, it just makes you foolish.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something."

Standing behind something inane doesn't make you right, it just makes you foolish.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something."

So you're saying that the Texans were even avg against the run in between the tackles last yr? Thinking inane thoughts such as as the Texans would good between the the tackles with a miscast Mitchell at NT is a big reason that

1. The Texans finished 2-14
2. Gary/Wade etc... got fired

If Mitchell had been good enough he would have been in the game and Cushing wouldn't have been injured. :cool:

Eh , Cushing woulda took that hit no matter what , the RB was responsible for him ... and he hit his responsibility , just so happened it was a low hit.

Bolded guys are now gone; that a fair amount of turnover on both sides. I suppose it was needed after last season's disaster

2013 Offense

WR1 - A. Johnson
RT - - D. Newton
RG - - B. Brooks
OC - - C. Myers
LG - - W. Smith
LT - - D. Brown
TE - - O. Daniels
WR2 - D. Hopkins
QB - - M. Schaub
FB - - G. Jones
RB - - A. Foster

2013 Defense
LDE - J.J. Watt
NT - - E. Mitchell
RDE - A. Smith
SLB - B. Reed
ILB - B. Cushing
ILB - J. Mays
WLB - W. Mercilus
LCB - K. Jackson
SS - - D. Manning
FS - - D. Swearinger
RCB - J. Joseph

that's quite a few starters.
will there be more?
Can we backfill all those spot via the draft?

Back