Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Send it to me.

4 picks remain in the draft!

45 251 Cincinnati - Corrosion -
46 252 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
47 253 New York Giants - htownfan32 -
48 254 Indianapolis - Rey -

I've got the pick also and will be in the office until around noon.

Wit the 252nd pick in the NFL Mock Draft the San Francisco 49ers select Ray Polk, S, Colorado.

2 picks left

With the 251st pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Cincinatti Bengals select Lucas Reed TE, Arizona.

I think he'd be a very good late round pick for the Texans. He didn't get used much in college but New Mexico's passing game was a hot mess this season. His numbers, athleticism, and the fact his brother is on the team tells me that he's worth the minimal risk.

With their final pick of the TT Member mock draft, the NYG select...

David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State
david-basssss.jpg

Good value at this point and having extra pass rushers with the departure of Umenyiora never hurts.

I'm on my phone, so it's hard to see who's been taken...

That said, with the final pick of the draft the colts select WR Rodney Smith, Florida state. 6'5" 225 lbs, 4.43 forty. Good athleticism, good body control. Will contribute a bit for the colts immediately and will be this years Marques colston.

Might be a good player for the texans to consider late in the actual draft.

Colts picks:

1) Desmond Trufant, CB
3) David Quessenberry, OL
4) Sean porter, LB
6) Vinson Painter, OL
7) Corey Fuller, WR
7) Rodney Smith, WR

Dolphins draft:

1. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
2a. Cornelius "Tank" Carradine, DE, Florida State
2b. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
3a. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
3b. Dallas Thomas, OT/OG, Tennessee
4. Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
5a. Tavarres King, WR, Georgia
5b. Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
7a. Dalton Freeman, C/OG, Clemson
7b. Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE , Auburn
7c. Brandon Ford, TE, Clemson

I had fun with this one. The Dolphins have so many needs and so many draft picks to fill them with. They will likely end up trading one of their second rounders for OT Albert or sign Winston if that trade fails.

They need to upgrade their pass rush and DE rotation desperately. Werner and Carradine are good additions. Wilson and Slay are also good prospects at corner to replace the loss of Smith and Davis. I like the offensive lineman I was able to get. Both guys add depth to the interior of the line. Thomas may actually end up at LT.

It might seem odd to take 3 TEs but Miami needs both blocking and receiving TEs. Kelce could be an everydown starter, along with Dustin Keller. Lutzenkirchen and Ford were both solid college TEs. I wanted to completely change their TE group.

Andre Ellington should contribute some right away after the Dolphins lost Reggie Bush. Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas will fight for that starting job. Tavarres King is a nice little 5th round receiver to add to a weak group.

I wish I could have done better at OT and at WR, but I didn't want to reach for a OT when I was pretty sure the Dolphins would go after a vet.

I just wanted to thank everybody who participated in this yrs TT Mock Draft. I appreciate the time that some of the best and brightest mockers spent to make this yrs mock a success. Very few MB's have members that will contribute to a full 7 rd mock.

I hope it was as much fun for y'all as it was for me. This mock helps give the entire MB a sense of where certain players should be valued. It is a guide for people who dont follow the draft as closely as we do.

I would like to give a special thanks to 76, Dutch and Blake for helping me with this. Without them I doubt the draft would've been a success. As work has become hectic.

Hope everybody had a good time and will continue to participate next yr.

Thanks

Jay

Dolphins draft:

1. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
2a. Cornelius "Tank" Carradine, DE, Florida State
2b. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
3a. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
3b. Dallas Thomas, OT/OG, Tennessee
4. Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
5a. Tavarres King, WR, Georgia
5b. Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
7a. Dalton Freeman, C/OG, Clemson
7b. Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE , Auburn
7c. Brandon Ford, TE, Clemson

I had fun with this one. The Dolphins have so many needs and so many draft picks to fill them with. They will likely end up trading one of their second rounders for OT Albert or sign Winston if that falls through.

They need to upgrade their pass rush and DE rotation desperately. Werner and Carradine are good additions. Wilson and Slay are also good prospects at corner to replace the loss of Smith and Davis. I like the offensive lineman I was able to get. Both guys add depth to the interior of the line. Thomas may actually end up at LT.

It might seem odd to take 3 TEs but Miami needs both blocking and receiving TEs. Kelce could be an everydown starter, along with Dustin Keller. Lutzenkirchen and Ford were both solid college TEs. I wanted to completely change their TE group.

Andre Ellington should contribute some right away after the Dolphins lost Reggie Bush. Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas will fight for that starting job. Tavarres King is a nice little 5th round receiver to add to a weak group.

I wish I could have done better at OT and at WR, but I didn't want to reach for a OT when I was pretty sure the Dolphins would go after a vet.

That right there is a great draft. 7-8 contributors as rookies, Ireland can only hope to do that well. Kelce/King/Ellington/Lutzenkirchen all have a chance to contribute in varying degrees as rookies. That's quite a haul for that late in the draft.

I just wanted to thank everybody who participated in this yrs TT Mock Draft. I appreciate the time that some of the best and brightest mockers spent to make this yrs mock a success. Very few MB's have members that will contribute to a full 7 rd mock.

I hope it was as much fun for y'all as it was for me. This mock helps give the entire MB a sense of where certain players should be valued. It is a guide for people who dont follow the draft as closely as we do.

I would like to give a special thanks to 76, Dutch and Blake for helping me with this. Without them I doubt the draft would've been a success. As work has become hectic.

Hope everybody had a good time and will continue to participate next yr.

Thanks

Jay

Seconded. I can't believe we actually made it through all the picks! Pretty cool, as I don't think that has happened before. Usually things die out around the 5th-6th round. Anyways, thanks everyone for participating and keeping it moving along. Enjoy the real draft on Thursday night!

^^

Thirded...

Thanks to 76, dutch and steel. And also everyone else that participated and helped along the way.

Tried to rep you guys, but I must spread it around.

^^

Thirded...

Thanks to 76, dutch and steel. And also everyone else that participated and helped along the way.

Tried to rep you guys, but I must spread it around.

4th'd!

Yeah , thanks for all the effort that went into this exercise. Happy to have participated for the first time since we moved to this site.

I think we learned quite a bit about some players as well as the perception of specific positions and how we +/- value them.

It''ll be interesting to see if the NFL GM's look at those positions (WR , DT , ILB , OLB and RT) they way many uf us seem to , some of which I believe is fueled by the Texans needs almost as much as the needs of those other teams.

That said, with the final pick of the draft the colts select WR Rodney Smith, Florida state. 6'5" 225 lbs, 4.43 forty. Good athleticism, good body control. Will contribute a bit for the colts immediately and will be this years Marques colston.

I signed him as a UDFA
:vincepalm:
Wth am I gunna do now?

Good job SteelB and 76
Enjoyed it

Very good late pick. I really hope the Texans take a hard look at him for the 6th or 7th round or sign him as an UDFA. I think he'd be worth putting on the IR list with an aggravated hangnail so that he can work out but we can still protect him.

Thank You to 76Texan, Dutchrudder, Blake, and SteelBTexan for running a great mock. It gets tough in the 6th and 7th rounds. You guys did a great job.

Very good late pick. I really hope the Texans take a hard look at him for the 6th or 7th round or sign him as an UDFA. I think he'd be worth putting on the IR list with an aggravated hangnail so that he can work out but we can still protect him.

He caught a pass in 39 straight games for the Noles to end his career and was given the most unselfish offensive player award by the coaching staff.

He caught a pass in 39 straight games for the Noles to end his career and was given the most unselfish offensive player award by the coaching staff.

I can't believe he lasted so long.

Nice mock draft every one.
Let's revisit it next year to have an early glimpse of how your selections perform.

I've spent all my rep power today :)

I even tried to neg-rep corrosion for his Shiitee job as the Texans GM, but it says I have to spread rep around before I can do that. Just joking, LOL!

My thanks to all. I enjoyed it though I wish I wasn't so pressed for time. I made a couple of mistakes rushing but at the end of the day I don't think I did the Jets wrong, too much.

Rep to the great folks that ran the show ASAP.

Here's a breakdown of the draft:

By position, WR was clearly the most picked, with CB and Safety following.

oimg

By conference, the SEC blew everyone out the water with 69. The next highest was the Pac 12 with 37.

oimg

The top schools as far as number of players picked are:

10 Florida State
10 LSU
9 Alabama
9 Georgia
7 Florida
6 USC
6 Clemson
6 Notre Dame
5 Texas A&M
5 Oklahoma
5 Oregon
5 North Carolina
5 UCLA
5 Arkansas
5 South Carolina

Thanks, Dutch.

The Big Eeast has a good number of prospects per school; it's a little surprising that they are above the Big 10 and pretty close to the Big 12.

Here's a breakdown of the draft:

By position, WR was clearly the most picked, with CB and Safety following.

oimg

By conference, the SEC blew everyone out the water with 69. The next highest was the Pac 12 with 37.

oimg

The top schools as far as number of players picked are:

10 Florida State
10 LSU
9 Alabama
9 Georgia
7 Florida
6 USC
6 Clemson
6 Notre Dame
5 Texas A&M
5 Oklahoma
5 Oregon
5 North Carolina
5 UCLA
5 Arkansas
5 South Carolina

:smiliedance:

I thought this was interesting.

Real vs. Mock Round Discrepancies

TT Mock: R4.01 #98 Jacksonville Jaguars - Blake - D.J. Hayden CB Houston
Actual Draft: R1.13 #13 Oakland Raiders - D.J. Hayden CB Houston
Pick Discrepancies: 85 Spots

TT Mock:R3.16 #78 St. Louis Rams - RT22 - Eric Reid S LSU
Actual Draft: R1.18 #18 - San Francisco 49ers - Eric Reid S LSU
Pick Discrepancies: 60 Spots

TT Mock:R3.04 #66 Oakland Raiders - srrono - E.J.Manuel QB Florida State
Actual Draft: R1.16 #16 Buffalo Bills - E.J.Manuel QB Florida State
Pick Discrepancies: 50 Spots

TT Mock:R3.10 #72 New York Jets - dsr23 - Travis Frederick OG Wisconsin

Actual Draft:R1.31 #31 Dallas Cowboys - Travis Frederick OG Wisconsin
Pick Discrepancies: 41 Spots

TT Mock:R2.20 #50 Chicago Bears - Dutchrudder - Justin Pugh OG Syracuse
Actual Draft: R1.19 #19 New York Giants - Justin Pugh OG Syracuse
Pick Discrepancies: 31 Spots

TT Mock:R2.13 #44 Carolina Panthers - Honoring Earl - Kyle Long OT Oregon
Actual Draft:R1.20 #20 Chicago Bears - Kyle Long OT Oregon
Pick Discrepancies: 24 Spots

TT Mock:R2.22 #52 Minnesota Vikings - NC Texan - Sylvester Williams DT UNC
Actual Draft:R1.28 #28 Denver Broncos - Sylvester Williams DT UNC
Pick Discrepancies: 24 Spots

TT Mock:R2.9 #40 Tennessee Titans - Senor Stan - Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
Actual Draft:R1.21 #21 Cincinatti Bengals - Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
Pick Discrepancies: 19 Spots

TT Mock:R2.2 #34 San Francisco 49ers - Wolverine Fan - Datone Jones DE UCLA
Actual Draft:R1.26 #26 Green Bay Packers - Datone Jones DE UCLA
Pick Discrepancies: 8 Spots

^ Cool. If you want, there's a relatively easy way to do that analysis on the draft spreadsheet. If I make a column on the end and put actual draft position next to each players name, I could have a formula that subtracts actual pick from the TT mock pick. Would give a result that could be sorted by so you can see who were our biggest reaches and best values. Then add it all up to see who has the highest score :)

The Dolphins select....

Dallas Thomas, OG, Tennessee

Thomas played left tackle, then switched to left guard in his final year at Tennessee. He tore his labrum and had surgery in February of this year, so he probably won't be available and up to speed until mid-season, but he could replace John Jerry or Richie Incognito in the next few seasons. If not, maybe the Dolphins try him at left tackle? Seems like good versatility for a player that may need it with Jonathan Martin's transition from RT to LT.

This was pick #82 in the third round.

The Dolphins picked Thomas at #77, not #82. They traded #82 to NO for two 4th rounders.

It wasn't exact, but close!

K, I added a column on the end of Draft5 for the actual position. If you or anyone else would be willing to help fill it out as the draft moves along, I'll copy it to the protected sheet and set up the formulas later. I just need the data to get it going.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AscQRwKjB5B9dGc3SmxVcHhlLUlseFdfLVp2Rjl3V2c#gid=10

Does anyone want to do this? I'm not really up for putting all the numbers next to the guys, but if some of you can help out, I'll set up the formulas later.

What do you need done?

Go to the Draft5 sheet, and in the far right column put the overall number that the player was drafted in the actual NFL draft. If they were undrafted, just put undrafted in the column. We can figure out a value to assign those guys later. I did a few for example, but if I can get them all in there, I can do a draft "score" for everyone easily.

I had Tyler Bray going #69 to the Cards.

He went undrafted. LOL

I still think eventually he will be the #1 QB in this draft.

Back