Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Alright, I control F'ed this time and he should be actually available. The Patriots select Jake Knott, LB, Iowa State

Why Dutch, I ought to slap you.
I didn't read the fine print until after I checked both the spread sheet and the selection thread several times, LOL!

I almost send an email to coon, too.

RT22, you're on the clock.

Glad I got the mail system thingy to work. Anyways, the Browns select...

Chris Gragg, Arkansas (Tight End) - Browns need a TE that can catch and Gragg is the one that fits the bill and is on the board. Needs to work on bulking up and getting stronger but as far as fighting for the ball and making plays, he does that really well.

Glad I got the mail system thingy to work. Anyways, the Browns select...

Chris Gragg, Arkansas (Tight End) - Browns need a TE that can catch and Gragg is the one that fits the bill and is on the board. Needs to work on bulking up and getting stronger but as far as fighting for the ball and making plays, he does that really well.

About time somebody takes him.

Sweet pick. Could play joker for us. Cover the Hernandez/Gronk types.

Ever since Phillips came to the Texans with his three safety sets , Ive wanted a guy who was a hybrid Safety / Linebacker to play the role that Quin did the past two years for the Texans. Dexter McCoil fits that description physically and has the skillset to boot .... whether or not it translates to the NFL is a different story .... more a theory Ive had than anything else.

I wish we could get Taylor mays for that role. Let him own that role. Coach him up real good and let him loose.

On the clock at 9:00 A.M.

33 239 Philadelphia - TexansSeminole -

34 240 Cincinnati - Corrosion -
35 241 Seattle - Blake -
36 242 Seattle - Blake -
37 243 Atlanta - RT22 -
38 244 Atlanta - RT22 -
39 245 Detroit - 76Texan -
40 246 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
41 247 Baltimore - RockNRandy -
42 248 Tennessee - SenorStan -
43 249 Atlanta - RT22 -
44 250 Miami - TexansSeminole -
45 251 Cincinnati - Corrosion -
46 252 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
47 253 New York Giants - htownfan32 -
48 254 Indianapolis - Rey -

Looking ahead for a couple of group picks for Blake; I think he's quite busy this year and doesn't have much time for the draft.

These guys are rated by NFL.com and/or NFLDraftScout.com higher than some players that have already been picked.

RB:
Jawan Jamison, Rutgers
Cierre Wood, Notre Dame
Zac Stacy, Vandy

S:
Ray Polk, Colorado
Rashard Hall, Clemson
Bradley McDougal, KS
Brandan Bishop, N C St
Keelan Johnson, AZ St

Recap of Philadelphia Eagles 2013 TT Mock Draft:

1. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
2. Jonathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia
3. Corey Lemonier, OLB, Aurburn
4. William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
5. Jordan Hill, DE, Penn State
7a. Michael Ford, RB, LSU
7b. Tanner Hawkinson, OT, Kansas
7c. Joe Vellano, DE, Maryland
7d. Brandan Bishop, S, NC State

The Eagles are moving to a 3-4 defense and an up-tempo Chip Kelly style of play.

Losses:

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
DT Cullen Jenkins
DT Mike Patterson
LB Akeem Jordan
OT Demetress Bell
OG Jake Scott
OT King Dunlap
DE Darryl Tapp
DT Derek Landri
RB Dion Lewis (traded to Cleveland)

They lost alot of playing time along their defensive line and at cornerback. They also got rid of some of the offensive linemen that filled in for their FOUR injured starting offensive linemen last season.

Additions:

CB Cary Williams
CB Bradley Fletcher
CB Dee Milliner*
NT Isaac Sopoaga
NT Jonathan Jenkins*
OLB Connor Barwin
OLB Corey Lemonier*
OLB Emmanuel Acho (traded with Cleveland)
S Kenny Phillips
S Patrick Chung
S Brandan Bishop*
TE James Casey
QB Dennis Dixon
WR Arrelious Benn
ILB Jason Phillips
DE Clifton Geathers
DE William Gholston*
DE Joe Vellano*
DE/NT Jordan Hill*
P Donnie Jones
RB Michael Ford*
OT Tanner Hawkinson*

*rookie

The Eagles needed a corner to start alongside Cary Wiliams that is better than Bradley Fletcher. Milliner allows Fletcher to compete with second year players Brandon Boykin and Trevard Lindley at nickelback. Jonathan Jenkins gives the Eagles a healthy rotation at NT. The Eagles have Brandon Graham at OLB to be a 3rd OLB and hopefully replace Trent Cole in the future. Corey Lemonier can compete with Vinny Curry, Everette Brown, Emmanuel Acho, Chris McCoy, and Phillip Hunt at OLB.

Gholston, Hill, and Vellano are a nice group of 3-4 DEs to help with the transition of the Eagles' defensive line. They will need to add bodies that can compete with a group that is not only lacking in depth and talent but in schematic fit as well. Michael Ford can be a 3rd or 4th running back with the loss of Dion Lewis. Tanner Hawkinson is decent depth at OT for a 7th rounder. Brandan Bishop should make the team at safety, given how terrible the Eagles were at safety this past season.

I wish I could have done a better job of getting depth at OL, but never felt the value was good enough early on except at #4. The Eagles had alot of injuries along their OL last year and should be alot better this year just by getting healthy.

Recap of Philadelphia Eagles 2013 TT Mock Draft:

1. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
2. Jonathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia
3. Corey Lemonier, OLB, Aurburn

4. William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
5. Jordan Hill, DE, Penn State
7a. Michael Ford, RB, LSU

7b. Tanner Hawkinson, OT, Kansas
7c. Joe Vellano, DE, Maryland
7d. Brandan Bishop, S, NC State

The Eagles are moving to a 3-4 defense and an up-tempo Chip Kelly style of play.

Losses:

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
DT Cullen Jenkins
DT Mike Patterson
LB Akeem Jordan
OT Demetress Bell
OG Jake Scott
OT King Dunlap
DE Darryl Tapp
DT Derek Landri
RB Dion Lewis (traded to Cleveland)

They lost alot of playing time along their defensive line and at cornerback. They also got rid of some of the offensive linemen that filled in for their FOUR injured starting offensive linemen last season.

Additions:

CB Cary Williams
CB Bradley Fletcher
CB Dee Milliner*
NT Isaac Sopoaga
NT Jonathan Jenkins*
OLB Connor Barwin
OLB Corey Lemonier*
OLB Emmanuel Acho (traded with Cleveland)
S Kenny Phillips
S Patrick Chung
S Brandan Bishop*
TE James Casey
QB Dennis Dixon
WR Arrelious Benn
ILB Jason Phillips
DE Clifton Geathers
DE William Gholston*
DE Joe Vellano*
DE/NT Jordan Hill*
P Donnie Jones
RB Michael Ford*
OT Tanner Hawkinson*

*rookie

The Eagles needed a corner to start alongside Cary Wiliams that is better than Bradley Fletcher. Milliner allows Fletcher to compete with second year players Brandon Boykin and Trevard Lindley at nickelback. Jonathan Jenkins gives the Eagles a healthy rotation at NT. The Eagles have Brandon Graham at OLB to be a 3rd OLB and hopefully replace Trent Cole in the future. Corey Lemonier can compete with Vinny Curry, Everette Brown, Emmanuel Acho, Chris McCoy, and Phillip Hunt at OLB.

Gholston, Hill, and Vellano are a nice group of 3-4 DEs to help with the transition of the Eagles' defensive line. They will need to add bodies that can compete with a group that is not only lacking in depth and talent but in schematic fit as well. Michael Ford can be a 3rd or 4th running back with the loss of Dion Lewis. Tanner Hawkinson is decent depth at OT for a 7th rounder. Brandan Bishop should make the team at safety, given how terrible the Eagles were at safety this past season.

I wish I could have done a better job of getting depth at OL, but never felt the value was good enough early on except at #4. The Eagles had alot of injuries along their OL last year and should be alot better this year just by getting healthy.

I bolded the picks you made that I thought were absolute killers. Fantastic job.

Bleh I had forgotten about this ....

#240 Cincy - Latavius Murray RB UCF

Perfect fit for a ZBS,

Very underrated, this guy is a stud.

He does have some fumbling issues though. But that's why he will be available this late in the draft.

Looking ahead for a couple of group picks for Blake; I think he's quite busy this year and doesn't have much time for the draft.

These guys are rated by NFL.com and/or NFLDraftScout.com higher than some players that have already been picked.

RB:
Jawan Jamison, Rutgers
Cierre Wood, Notre Dame
Zac Stacy, Vandy

S:
Ray Polk, Colorado
Rashard Hall, Clemson
Bradley McDougal, KS
Brandan Bishop, N C St
Keelan Johnson, AZ St

Seattle is up, 2 picks in a row...Blake is a group pick now so...

I'd go Javon Brown, WR, Clemson and Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt.

Brown is a 4.35 kind of guy that lost playing time to Sammy Watkins, DeAndre Hopkins and a host of other talented players. Stacy was a big part of some of the better Vanderbilt teams in awhile. He tested well with a 4.55 and 27 reps on the bench.

Seattle needs a receiver and could use a RB as well.

I completely forgot about the Seahawks.

They already drafted a receiver, but when I saw that it was Dennard Robinson, well... I guess another receiver to compete isn't going to hurt.

I've been looking at the players left and it does look like Brown is a possibility.

I vote Stacy and Bishop, but I can change to Brown.
What do you guys think?

They already drafted a receiver, but when I saw that it was Dennard Robinson, well... I guess another receiver to compete isn't going to hurt.

I've been looking at the players left and it does look like Brown is a possibility.

What do you guys think?

I dont remember Bishop when I watched the Vols carve up the N.C. St. secondary. So put me down for Stacy and Brown. 4.35 speed and Clemson is known for having quality WR's.

What do you guys think?

If your talking about Brandan Bishop, I drafted him for the Eagles already.

I dont remember Bishop when I watched the Vols carve up the N.C. St. secondary. So put me down for Stacy and Brown. 4.35 speed and Clemson is known for having quality WR's.

I said 4.35, because I remember reading that at some point, but it looks like he ran closer to 4.43. Reports ranged from low 4.3 to 4.43. The 40 numbers were really unreliable this year both at the combine and in the pro days.

BTW it's Jaron Brown**.

Last edited:
Next up:

37 243 Atlanta - RT22 -
38 244 Atlanta - RT22 -

39 245 Detroit - 76Texan -
40 246 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
41 247 Baltimore - RockNRandy -
42 248 Tennessee - SenorStan -
43 249 Atlanta - RT22 -

With pick #243 the Falcons select Brandon McGee CB University of Miami.
With pick #244 the Falcons select Lonnie Pryor FB Florida State.

Lions select Sheldon Price, CB, UCLA

Tall corner with track background. Capable of playing press against big receivers. Have some problem with smaller, and quick receiver like Markus Wheaton. Could translate to safety.

Graded between 3rd and 5th round by NFL.com

Reactions: Rey
With pick #244 the Falcons select Lonnie Pryor FB Florida State.

I was hoping he would fall to the Texans. Lonnie Pryor was a 4* running back coming out of high school that came to Florida State with 2 or 3 other 4* running backs. He was asked to move to fullback early on, just to see the field. He went on to be a great and versatile fullback for 4 years. Great blocker and receiver, pretty good runner in the ZBS. He caught 5 TDs on 41 receptions in his career, also ran for 18 TDs on 124 carries (5.8 YPC). He was constantly praised by head coach Jimbo Fisher for his willingness to move to the position and his work ethic. He called Pryor his "glue guy."

6' 227 lbs, ran a 4.70. Played in 54 games. Did not miss a game.

Could be a backup FB/4th RB/ST guy for the Texans.

Ravens select ...

Morgan Breslin, LB, USC

Like Cushing Breslin has seen time at DE and OLB but prolly best suited a ILB in a 34 defense

Guy is strong and fast enough
Got instincts and has that animal mentality to exsist and play in the middle

There are so many guys out there

Since my draft is over now

I'm calling UDFAs

I will be signing for Ravens
Prentiss Waggner, CB/S, Tennessee
Michael Clay, LB, Oregon
Emory Blake, WR, Auburn
Ray Ray Armstrong, S, (formerly Miami FL)

Dallas signs
Brad Wing, P, LSU
Chris Sturgis, K, Forida
Kenny Tate, S/LB, Maryland
Wes Horton, DE, USC
Michael Ford, RB, LSU
Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt
Rodney Smith, WR, FSU

I would love all these UDFAs to be on the Texans

Mainly Tate, Horton, Clay, and Breslin.
Would love Wing and Sturgis but we are set there with Lechler and Bullock.

I think Tate and Breslin can be special backers
He is a Huge safety, add 10 more pounds on his frame and he has the speed on the edge to be a rush backer. And he can cover from the outisde positions and has the size and speed to run and cover the evolving utility of TEs

Breslin I just love. Not as good as Cushing but there are similar triats
I would love to nab him late and put him in the middle.

Last edited:
Hey gang, not to worry...I'm back in town to make my own crappy pick for the Tinnbreds...

give me a few minutes to see what I can cook up. (insert Tennessee meth joke here)

The Tennesse Titans throw ESPN's Mike and Mike it the Morning a bone with their final pick...

Mike Golic, Jr. OG, Notre Dame.

Not Mr. Irrelevant, but close...

Ravens select ...

Morgan Breslin, LB, USC

Like Cushing Breslin has seen time at DE and OLB but prolly best suited a ILB in a 34 defense

Guy is strong and fast enough
Got instincts and has that animal mentality to exsist and play in the middle

There are so many guys out there

Since my draft is over now

I'm calling UDFAs

I will be signing for Ravens
Prentiss Waggner, CB/S, Tennessee
Michael Clay, LB, Oregon
Emory Blake, WR, Auburn
Ray Ray Armstrong, S, (formerly Miami FL)

Dallas signs
Brad Wing, P, LSU
Chris Sturgis, K, FSU
Kenny Tate, S/LB, Maryland
Wes Horton, DE, USC
Michael Ford, RB, LSU
Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt

I would love all these UDFAs to be on the Texans

Mainly Tate, Horton, Clay, and Breslin.
Would love Wing and Sturgis but we are set there with Lechler and Bullock.

I think Tate and Breslin can be special backers
He is a Huge safety, add 10 more pounds on his frame and he has the speed on the edge to be a rush backer. And he can cover from the outisde positions and has the size and speed to run and cover the evolving utility of TEs

Breslin I just love. Not as good as Cushing but there are similar triats
I would love to nab him late and put him in the middle.

Great job RnR

On the clock:

I need to take my wife's car to the shop.
Can I forward Wolverine's pick to somebody?
Let me know, thanks!

Send it to me.

4 picks remain in the draft!

Back