Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2012 NFL Draft Day 2: Rounds 2-3

No, others say they hate the pick too. I am saying WHY I dislike it and you are just bad mouthing ME.

Find anywhere on here where I bad mouthed others in the process of what I am saying about Posey. You won't be able to, because I haven't. If this board is real about telling people to stop the name calling, then it needs to happen to you. You're the one instigating stuff with me.

Keep yammering, you're exposing yourself as someone who likes to get personal instead of talking the topic. Do you understand that?

you're trashing posey, kubes & smith just cos you dont like the pick, despite the fact you admit you dont have the slightest clue about him apart from the little vignette they showed with the pick. sorry but that is really dumb and il call anybody on it.

how am i supposed to debate the pros and cons of a pick neither of us know very little about? unlike you, i dont judge the pick based on first impressions/name value. il give him a chance because hes a texan and il base my opinion on how he plays for us

what i will say is that eventhough he doesnt look very dangerous after the catch, i do see him getting open and behind defences plus making tough catches in traffic in his highlight vids so theres parts of his game i like and can see why they liked him.

GP, I'd advise you to take a wait and see approach. None of these players have taken a single snap in the NFL yet, there's no reason to act like Kubiak just shot your dog.

Adam Schefler keeps yakking about us putting Jacoby on the trading block.

...like who will take him?

I hope we can negotiate better than the Eagles. They only got a 7th for Asante Samuel.

If we get anything for Jacoby Jones then Rick Smith should win executive/GM of the year.

If Samuels only gets you a 7th rounder then you are going to have to give a team picks to take Jacoby.

GP, I'd advise you to take a wait and see approach. None of these players have taken a single snap in the NFL yet, there's no reason to act like Kubiak just shot your dog.

I think he may be mad 'cause Kubes is making him shoot his own dog.

Old_Yeller.JPG

Adam Schefler keeps yakking about us putting Jacoby on the trading block.

...like who will take him?

I hope we can negotiate better than the Eagles. They only got a 7th for Asante Samuel.

Who will want him? Nobody.

Why nobody? Because Gary Kubiak sticks with his favorites for so long that every knows he'll eventually have to cut the sucky WR...after having drafted the sucky WR's sucky replacement like he just did tonight.

No team who has seen tape on Jacoby Jones is going to take a chance on trading for JJ. Well, one exception: We could have traded him for a 7th rounder tonight and drafted Posey in the 7th. But hey, we really played it smart and grabbed him in the 3rd instead. Right where JJ was picked, too, IIRC.

We could have had Randle in the 2nd. The Giants didn't pass on him for a reason. They sort of know their stuff on WRs, and they re-loaded with Manningham now gone.

Us? We got Posey. A bad character guy, and a guy who doesn't play at the speed his 40 numbers "show."

I agree with you on being disappointed with Posey. If nothing else, I think we took him way before we needed to, so we could have gotten something - anything - and moved down farther. I really don't like the potential character issue (I hope they did a LOT of background work on him), and I haven't heard anything that gets me excited about him. I think there were better options including at WR.

But, I don't think the Texans wanted Randle. Clearly, they wanted WR, and clearly they knew Randle could go at any time when they first traded down, since he had already fallen so much farther than he was expected. If they wanted him at all, they would have taken him then. Randle was clearly falling, for what reason I don't know, and I won't fault the Texans for passing on him. Same thing for players like Brandon Thompson and Bobby Massie - I think there is some reason they are dropping so much, so I'm not going to fault the Texans for passing on them.

I am fine/happy with the Brooks pick, if only because he was at a position of need and taken at a point where he wasn't a "reach". I have come to trust Kubiak on picking OL (and TE for that matter), so I figure they know what they're getting.

I'm debating the pick, the topic here, so I just cannot see how what I said is "ridiculous" in terms of how your own assessment of him is saying this guy is not all that great when you look at it reasonably.
It's your histrionics and hyperbole that's ridiculous. Your opinion that Posey may not be a good pick (or the best pick) has validity.

He was a surprising pick, which means us Texans fans who know this team inside out are left wondering WHY? Why Posey?

And he doesn't have the looks or the talents of a traditional WCO WR, according to you as well, but hey...let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

But, he can run a go route.

You realize this is Jacoby Jones all over again, right? (a) Surprising pick, (b) doesn't have the look of what we know to fit the WCO, and (c) can run fast. He also has the same amount of marbles in his head that Jacoby possesses, too, from what the early returns tell us.

I'm debating the pick, the topic here, so I just cannot see how what I said is "ridiculous" in terms of how your own assessment of him is saying this guy is not all that great when you look at it reasonably.

I am excited about Mercilus and Brooks. The guy in the middle of them? LOL, not a chance. It was a bad pick.

Jacoby was different than Posey...

- Posey played for a major school in a big time conference.
- Jacoby played for a small school.

- Posey was a football guy
- Jacoby was a track guy who mainly got to play because of his speed.

- Posey is built like a solid football player and played in a run-first offense
...kind of like the one we try to run.
- Jacoby is built like a track guy and plays like one ...who still doesn't have football instincts
:twocents:

Who will want him? Nobody.

Why nobody? Because Gary Kubiak sticks with his favorites for so long that every knows he'll eventually have to cut the sucky WR...after having drafted the sucky WR's sucky replacement like he just did tonight.

No team who has seen tape on Jacoby Jones is going to take a chance on trading for JJ. Well, one exception: We could have traded him for a 7th rounder tonight and drafted Posey in the 7th. But hey, we really played it smart and grabbed him in the 3rd instead. Right where JJ was picked, too, IIRC.

Draft isn't for you.

Just because some 7 round mock draft says he was a 6-7th round pick, that means little to these teams.

Just like the Bruce Irvin thing, apparently the 9ers were going to pick the guy. Everyone at the time was saying that the Seahawks could have taken him in the 2nd round when in fact he was the top pass rusher on several teams boards.

By the way. The Patriots took a CB in the 2nd round that was a HUGE reach. Sometimes teams fall in love with guys and see potential in them.

Any ways if this dude can run routes cleanly and catch the ball he's already a big improvement over Jacoby.

you're trashing posey, kubes & smith just cos you dont like the pick, despite the fact you admit you dont have the slightest clue about him apart from the little vignette they showed with the pick. sorry but that is really dumb and il call anybody on it.

how am i supposed to debate the pros and cons of a pick neither of us know very little about? unlike you, i dont judge the pick based on first impressions/name value. il give him a chance because hes a texan and il base my opinion on how he plays for us

what i will say is that eventhough he doesnt look very dangerous after the catch, i do see him getting open and behind defences plus making tough catches in traffic in his highlight vids so theres parts of his game i like and can see why they liked him.

The rule is that we don't name call EACH OTHER. How is that hard to understand?

I'm doing the math here, and the math doesn't look good at the moment. Here's what we have going on:

1. JJ stinks. And he doesn't post here, so I can say he stinks. Plus, players and coaches live in the spotlight, it comes with the territory for those guys to take heat from fans. Their bank account covers it. Us, on the other hand, we are in a message board community and are in this thing together...so we shouldn't name call. Period. But hey, even mods do it...so it seems to be OK in retrospect.

2. We just drafted a cross between Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones. Everything we hear about him is that he is a possession WR. Period. We already have that in KW.

3. This guy was nowhere near being a 3rd rounder. Nowhere near it. One person said "But Randle was projected late 1st or early 2nd and he slid to late 2nd round!" The difference from that example, to what we have in Posey's selection by us, is so wildly MASSIVE that it's not even worth debating, IMO. I've seen lots of highlights on Randle, and it doesn't compare to Posey.

4. When a guy like rmartin says he has a source who had class with Posey and that Posey is bad news, I believe that stuff. People who near the guy say he's bad news. He was suspended. He said on 610 radio he'd endure the suspension all over again.

Everything about this guy screams BUST. But this is the guy that our HC and offense genius, Gary Kubiak, chose to help our WR crew get better?

And Gary will force him on us even if he doesn't pan out. He's the new project guy that Gary will coddle for three years. I've seen this song and dance before, we all have. We know how this goes down. Had we never had a JJ on our hands, I'm probably OK with this pick. But this is surreal, it's JJ version 2.0 except the guy can catch it, and except he had slow field speed like Walter.

Jacoby was different than Posey...

- Posey played for a major school in a big time conference.
- Jacoby played for a small school.

- Posey was a football guy
- Jacoby was a track guy who mainly got to play because of his speed.

- Posey is built like a solid football player and played in a run-first offense
...kind of like the one we try to run.
- Jacoby is built like a track guy and plays like one ...who still doesn't have football instincts
:twocents:

Size of school doesn't matter. The WR can be a blockhead in a small school or a big school. Both those guys are blockheads, for different reasons.

Draft guys who study this stuff, they don't miss projections by three whole rounds. I mean, we took a guy three whole rounds too early.

It's a gamble with Posey, at best. And it didn't need to be. That's what has me ticking.

Go check out the Jags board if you want to see a meltdown. A punter early in the 3rd round......

The irony is that Posey is a question mark of a pick, but GP is causing people to look more favorably on him than they might have without GP's tantrums.

The rule is that we don't name call EACH OTHER. How is that hard to understand?whats good for the goose is good for the gander

I'm doing the math here, and the math doesn't look good at the moment. Here's what we have going on:

1. JJ stinks. And he doesn't post here, so I can say he stinks.how do you know? :kitten: Plus, players and coaches live in the spotlight, it comes with the territory for those guys to take heat from fans.so do trolls Their bank account covers it. Us, on the other hand, we are in a message board community and are in this thing together...so we shouldn't name call. Period. But hey, even mods do it...so it seems to be OK in retrospect.

2. We just drafted a cross between Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones. Everything we hear about him is that he is a possession WR. Period. We already have that in KW.many fans have often said if you mixed JJ & KW you'd have an excellent #2

3. This guy was nowhere near being a 3rd rounder. Nowhere near it. One person said "But Randle was projected late 1st or early 2nd and he slid to late 2nd round!" The difference from that example, to what we have in Posey's selection by us, is so wildly MASSIVE that it's not even worth debating, IMO. I've seen lots of highlights on Randle, and it doesn't compare to Posey.not even worth it

4. When a guy like rmartin says he has a source who had class with Posey and that Posey is bad news, I believe that stuff. People who near the guy say he's bad news. He was suspended. He said on 610 radio he'd endure the suspension all over again. ya cos the texans wouldnt have checked up on any of that stuff. this staff is notorious for taking character risks. you have some 5th hand story though :rolleyes:

Everything about this guy screams BUST. But this is the guy that our HC and offense genius, Gary Kubiak, chose to help our WR crew get better?

And Gary will force him on us even if he doesn't pan out. He's the new project guy that Gary will coddle for three years. I've seen this song and dance before, we all have. We know how this goes down. Had we never had a JJ on our hands, I'm probably OK with this pick. But this is surreal, it's JJ version 2.0 except the guy can catch it, and except he had slow field speed like Walter.

nice to see you flip flop on the brooks pick already btw. really helps your credibility

Go check out the Jags board if you want to see a meltdown. A punter early in the 3rd round......

The irony is that Posey is a question mark of a pick, but GP is causing people to look more favorably on him than they might have without GP's tantrums.

lol, yeah, actually.

I probably would have had the meltdown if GP hadn't.

But in reading GPs stuff, I took a look at the kid and... I'm starting to like him. Can't wait to see him on the field.

I'm really more excited about Brooks.

It's simple, if Posey turns out to be Jacoby 2.0 with Walter-like skills then Kubiak should be fired immediately.

The only difference between the Texans of 2011 and previous years was the defense.

Gary simply hasn't shown me JACK-SQUAT otherwise. We waste too many picks on projects and reaches. No point in it, simply no point.

We pay 3rd round money for a guy we could have probably had in the 5th or 6th. This is why we butt heads with the cap and bleed 7 quality players in one year.

Wade can be a fine interim coach until we find someone else to step in and Wade can go back to D-specific tasks.

This team goes back to 6-10 because of defensive injuries (etc.) then Gary has got to go.

TJ

Size of school doesn't matter. The WR can be a blockhead in a small school or a big school. Both those guys are blockheads, for different reasons.

Draft guys who study this stuff, they don't miss projections by three whole rounds. I mean, we took a guy three whole rounds too early.

It's a gamble with Posey, at best. And it didn't need to be. That's what has me ticking.

Well, that's another thing. We all know - and some have lamented over the years - that Uncle Bob wants "boy scouts" and does not tolerate hoodlums. Now my question is, what did the Texans hear in interviews or what did the scouts see that convinced them that they could ignore/dismiss the kid's pass transgressions?

And "draft guys who study this stuff" miss all the time. Otherwise, how did they miss Tom Brady for damn near five whole rounds - just to pick the obvious example. How did they miss Marcus Colston for damn near the whole entire draft?

Well, that's another thing. We all know - and some have lamented over the years - that Uncle Bob wants "boy scouts" and does not tolerate hoodlums. Now my question is, what did the Texans hear in interviews or what did the scouts see that convinced them that they could ignore/dismiss the kid's pass transgressions?

And "draft guys who study this stuff" miss all the time. Otherwise, how did they miss Tom Brady for damn near five whole rounds - just to pick the obvious example. How did they miss Marcus Colston for damn near the whole entire draft?

psssttttt, Arian Foster

btw im loling at his bad rep. posey sold some of HIS memorabilia and got overpaid in his college job and got a discount on some tat's. i dont see how any of that makes him a bad guy esp if the money went to his mother as he claims.

just cos the ncaa rules are stupid, some ppl are acting like we drafted haynesworths and pacmans love child

All you guys going nuts over the Posey, remember this. This is the same organization that drafted mid to late round guys that none of us knew a thing about like Sharpton, Quin, and McCain. They got Myers for a 6th rounder. Briesiel, Dressen, and Foster where all guys picked up off the scrap heap. Picked up Wade Smith for almost nothing, and got Casey and Nolan late in the draft too. Bottom line, I trust their decision making over our BS. Wasn't crazy about the pick, but I'll take a wait a see approach. They've been more right than wrong lately.

>One of the top offenses in the league 4 years running and he's shown you nothing?

easy to throw up numbers in the second half after you've been sodomized in the first half.

1 post season in Gary's tenure -- and that came with the addition of Wade.

Stats mean ZIP..

TJ

btw im loling at his bad rep. posey sold some of HIS memorabilia and got overpaid in his college job and got a discount on some tat's. i dont see how any of that makes him a bad guy esp if the money went to his mother as he claims.

just cos the ncaa rules are stupid, some ppl are acting like we drafted haynesworths and pacmans love child

He made the mistake of getting caught doing things a lot of college athletes do.

If Posey becomes Brady or Colston, then you can slay me over this stuff.

Do YOU really see yourself buying a Posey jersey AND all of Texans nation, on a consistent basis, jumping off their couch and screaming for joy because of all the TDs and massive big-time plays that Posey will make for us?

I don't. He's JAG. He's KW, but younger.

Do YOU really see yourself buying a Posey jersey AND all of Texans nation, on a consistent basis, jumping off their couch and screaming for joy because of all the TDs and massive big-time plays that Posey will make for us?

what jersey? Ohio State jersey? cart before the horse, he doesn't even have an official Texan jersey number yet

He was a surprising pick, which means us Texans fans who know this team inside out are left wondering WHY? Why Posey?

And he doesn't have the looks or the talents of a traditional WCO WR, according to you as well, but hey...let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

But, he can run a go route.

You realize this is Jacoby Jones all over again, right? (a) Surprising pick, (b) doesn't have the look of what we know to fit the WCO, and (c) can run fast. He also has the same amount of marbles in his head that Jacoby possesses, too, from what the early returns tell us.

I am excited about Mercilus and Brooks. The guy in the middle of them? LOL, not a chance. It was a bad pick.

I will have to disagree with the bolded. I don't know much about Posey, but from the clips I've watched, he showed better ball skills and awareness than Jacoby has ever shown me. Ever.

Additionally, he looks very natural adjusting to the ball, which is one of Jacoby's major areas of weakness.

I will have to disagree with the bolded. I don't know much about Posey, but from the clips I've watched, he showed better ball skills and awareness than Jacoby has ever shown me. Ever.

Additionally, he looks very natural adjusting to the ball, which is one of Jacoby's major areas of weakness.

I have said he's a cross between JJ and KW.

He's got a bit of both of those guys in his style/skill.

Plus, we could have found this guy in the 4th and probably even in the 5th too. The last time I freaked like this, was the Jason Babin reach we did like 6 years ago...for the same reasons. When we have to dig and try to find great things to say about a guy, we know it's a reach.

Even the ones who are Ok with the pick, they have confusion about the guy still.

Plus, we could have found this guy in the 4th and probably even in the 5th too. The last time I freaked like this, was the Jason Babin reach we did like 6 years ago...for the same reasons. When we have to dig and try to find great things to say about a guy, we know it's a reach.

Even the ones who are Ok with the pick, they have confusion about the guy still.

I'm not much of a draftnik, so I can't feign surprise that he was taken where he was. I honestly don't know enough about him.
I agree that based on what I've read since the pick, he appears to have been taken early, when they probably could have gotten him later.
My opinion, based on an admittedly limited sample size, is that he seems like a very good athlete, and a much more natural receiver than JJ. He doesn't strike me as a game changer, but he seems like more than a possession receiver to me. Although I agree they probably took him too early.
I'm not going to try and argue against your prediction of a bust, due to my limited knowledge of the player, but I will say that my gut isn't feeling that this is a bust.

I'm not much of a draftnik, so I can't feign surprise that he was taken where he was. I honestly don't know enough about him.
I agree that based on what I've read since the pick, he appears to have been taken early, when they probably could have gotten him later.
My opinion, based on an admittedly limited sample size, is that he seems like a very good athlete, and a much more natural receiver than JJ. He doesn't strike me as a game changer, but he seems like more than a possession receiver to me. Although I agree they probably took him too early.
I'm not going to try and argue against your prediction of a bust, due to my limited knowledge of the player, but I will say that my gut isn't feeling that this is a bust.

I'm not a draftnik either. Just in seeing what we have at WR already, and I see his "highlights" tonight, I'm seeing nothing that KW didn't already provide us.

We say we're in a position to go BPA for the first time ever, but Posey doesn't come across as BPA. It came across as "We're taking a WR dammit"

I just did not like the pick for early 3rd. Seems forced, just like JJ was.

Isn't that what we have always wanted.
You read always on this board that KW and JJ make a good 2WR together.
Well Posey is our love child of KW and JJ.
So we should be happy :bender::kitten:

perfectly reasonable expectations for a 3rd rd pick :kubepalm:

It starts in 3 hours.

Can we please stop saying things like "the draft is not for everybody", or lambasting people for disagreeing with a pick? We come here to talk about the Texans and to give our opinions on players. It is a hobby because we love this team.

Nobody is claiming to be an expert, nobody is claiming to be perfect, so just cool it.

And let's get ready for rounds 4-7! We have 5 picks today, hopefully we get some good players.

I must be a glutton for punishment to come back to this thread/forum after last nights melt down...

Can we all agree that if we dont know/agree with the player selected to stay calm, do some homework on the kid and make an informed decision? Sounds like a reasonable request to me.

I must be a glutton for punishment to come back to this thread/forum after last nights melt down...

Can we all agree that if we dont know/agree with the player selected to stay calm, do some homework on the kid and make an informed decision? Sounds like a reasonable request to me.

Who appointed you the king of this place?

How about we post what we want?

At least I'm talking about the picks and not the poster.

Isn't that what we have always wanted.
You read always on this board that KW and JJ make a good 2WR together.
Well Posey is our love child of KW and JJ.
So we should be happy :bender::kitten:

No, I didn't want our second pick of the draft to be Posey.

IIRC, Brooks Reed was our second pick last year. I don't foresee Posey bringing the same impact to us in 2012 that Reed did in 2011.

We screwed up. The rest of the draft will probably go pretty well. But the Posey pick was awful. Uninspiring on a lot of levels. I'm over it. No more tirades, just ready to see what Day 3 has in store.

Who appointed you the king of this place?

How about we post what we want?

At least I'm talking about the picks and not the poster.

New day, new attitude, new things to potentially hate. Lot to be excited about.

I am taping the draft, and going to catch some bass today.

Back