Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2012 NFL Draft Day 2: Rounds 2-3

Fisher enters the realm of creepy. He's lost whatever credibility he ever had when he scooped up Greg Williams. Fisher: Janoris Jenkins checks out great.

Man that guy's a punk with stupidity and moral shallowness that makes Pacman Jones look like a Viceroy. Jeff Fisher is unctuous. Chris Berman stop lying.

That's also what I said. Watching him jog down the field and hand fight with CBs, it gives me a very bad feeling.

And the guys raking me, saying I don't know anything, just show me YOUR NFL credentials on scouting and drafting.

We traded down and it was a royal screw up to do so. You're going to tell me that the things you see Reuben Randle doing on tape is not as good as Posey? Because we could have had a GREAT WR at our initial spot. But Gary got cute. As usual.

I think what most are trying to tell you is to just step back. They didn't get your guy we get it. That doesn't mean they got the wrong guy.

Randle dropped for a reason. Dude was a projected late 1st-early 2nd rounder and fell all the way to the last pick of the 2nd round. Other WRs went ahead of him...maybe the Giants got a steal who the F knows right now?

That's also what I said. Watching him jog down the field and hand fight with CBs, it gives me a very bad feeling.

And the guys raking me, saying I don't know anything, just show me YOUR NFL credentials on scouting and drafting.

We traded down and it was a royal screw up to do so. You're going to tell me that the things you see Reuben Randle doing on tape is not as good as Posey? Because we could have had a GREAT WR at our initial spot. But Gary got cute. As usual.

Randle dropped to the last pick of the 2nd round for a reason. We're not the only ones that passed on him.:strangle: lol

Three picks in the 4th round and I'm hoping for any of these guys

Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
Bobbie Massie OT Mississippi
Senio Kelemete OG Washington
Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State
Brandon Brooks OG Miami (Oh)
Brandon Washington OG Miami (OT)
Greg Childs WR Arkansas
Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington (X)

Fisher enters the realm of creepy. He's lost whatever credibility he ever had when he scooped up Greg Williams. Fisher: Janoris Jenkins checks out great.

Man that guy's a punk with stupidity and moral shallowness that makes Pacman Jones look like a Viceroy. Jeff Fisher is unctuous. Chris Berman stop lying.

Totally unctuous.

Greg Childs WR Arkansas

Brooks is gone bro....

Greg Childs WR Arkansas

I bet we get this guy, got a real good feeling about it...

Greg Childs WR Arkansas

I hope we can get Brandon Brooks...

Is there a chance of us trading back into the 3rd round? Greg Childs is still available and he maybe a good value pick for us here.

I think what most are trying to tell you is to just step back. They didn't get your guy we get it. That doesn't mean they got the wrong guy.

Randle dropped for a reason. Dude was a projected late 1st-early 2nd rounder and fell all the way to the last pick of the 2nd round. Other WRs went ahead of him...maybe the Giants got a steal who the F knows right now?

So you're saying we're better off for having passed on a guy who fell to bottom of 2nd round AND was chosen by a team who has won the SB twice in 5 years...because we were so smart and grabbed a 6th round projected WR in round 3. EARLY round 3, at that. I don't get the logic.

Lance Zierlein ‏ @LanceZierlein
Texans take a 343 lb. guard for their zone scheme? Brandon Brooks is the pick. A little surprising

LZ is not the only one surprised. I like that we went OL, and the guy is huge and I liked what I saw of him thus far. But he looks a bit stiff for the ZBS we like to run. And he's a left side guy. I think he's depth for Duane Brown, being how he's a huge mauler on the left. I can't see him at LG here.

He is just upset. If it annoys you don't read his posts or sign out. You have insulted him 2 times in the past half hour, stop!!!

How is that an insult?

A reaction as extreme as GP's has been makes me wonder if he is in character in this thread, that is all.

Trust me, I block guys that get on my nerves.

Name calling alert.

But hey, break forum rules and act like you're bigger than the rules that apply to us all.

If your only contribution is to rag me, then that's sad.

:yawn: ya thats it

i played nice first time around. you're just trolling now. look around its not just me noticing it, we're all thinking it

:yawn: ya thats it

i played nice first time around. you're just trolling now. look around its not just me noticing it, we're all thinking it

No, others say they hate the pick too. I am saying WHY I dislike it and you are just bad mouthing ME.

Find anywhere on here where I bad mouthed others in the process of what I am saying about Posey. You won't be able to, because I haven't. If this board is real about telling people to stop the name calling, then it needs to happen to you. You're the one instigating stuff with me.

Keep yammering, you're exposing yourself as someone who likes to get personal instead of talking the topic. Do you understand that?

Figured out why the Jags drafted a punter.

What other chance will they have to get decent field position against us?

:bender:

So you're saying we're better off for having passed on a guy who fell to bottom of 2nd round AND was chosen by a team who has won the SB twice in 5 years...because we were so smart and grabbed a 6th round projected WR in round 3. EARLY round 3, at that. I don't get the logic.

Who cares where he was projected at this point. Texans are drafting for depth at this point.

Giants can miss on guys too. No one is even close to 90 percent on draft day...I mean Foster went undrafted...

What i'm saying though is a lot of teams passed on him INCLUDING other teams who have had success recently.

9ers, Bears, Lions passed on him including other teams like the Rams and Jets. Seems like those guys don't think as highly of him as you do.

Mayock seems to think it was a good solid pick, Iunno. I honestly don't know much about the dude so I'm not going to sit here and bash the pick. I remember there were a few people not liking the Watt pick last year and I remember there were a ton of people not liking the D.Brown pick...in the end we will see.

Figured out why the Jags drafted a punter.

What other chance will they have to get decent field position against us?

:bender:
If you are going to roll out Gabbert...well, yer just gonna punt alot. I'm kinda shocked they didn't draft two of them.

How is that an insult?

A reaction as extreme as GP's has been makes me wonder if he is in character in this thread, that is all.

Trust me, I block guys that get on my nerves.

I wonder if you even pay attention. This is my first freak out in two years, and I doubt I even had a freak out before last year too.

We could have had Randle in the 2nd. The Giants didn't pass on him for a reason. They sort of know their stuff on WRs, and they re-loaded with Manningham now gone.

Us? We got Posey. A bad character guy, and a guy who doesn't play at the speed his 40 numbers "show."

Again, I'm here all day to discuss the topic. Let me know when you want to say ANYTHING about the pick instead of about me.

He was running a 6.7 40 on the REAL football field from what I saw.
Come on, that's ridiculous. The guy had very solid soph and junior seasons with the passing challenged Terrelle Pryor at QB. Yes, he's a surprising pick for the Texans. He doesn't have the look or talents of a traditional WCO WR. But, he can run a go route.

Brooks is like the Dontari Poe of O-lineman. Except only pro scouts saw his exploits.

Senior guard Brandon Brooks was the main focus of Pro Day, as he is projected as a middle-round draft pick in the upcoming NFL Draft. Brooks completed 36 reps on the bench press and had a vertical leap of 32 inches. He also clocked a sub-five second 40-yard dash.
At nearly 350 lbs, Brooks is a freak.

Did that dumbass just compare Navy Seals to NFL players physical training. Are you crazy?

My wife said the same thing. And she doesn't even know much about military and football, but knows enough to know THAT was an absurd statement.

I feel woozy. All the excitement over Mercilus has left me. It's been replaced with dread. Gary, Gary, Gary...why oh why do you do this to yourself with WRs? Glutton for punishment.

I wonder if you even pay attention. This is my first freak out in two years, and I doubt I even had a freak out before last year too.

We could have had Randle in the 2nd. The Giants didn't pass on him for a reason. They sort of know their stuff on WRs, and they re-loaded with Manningham now gone.

Us? We got Posey. A bad character guy, and a guy who doesn't play at the speed his 40 numbers "show."

Again, I'm here all day to discuss the topic. Let me know when you want to say ANYTHING about the pick instead of about me.

The freak out comment was not specific to you, this whole board has a habit of freaking out.

As for discussing the pick I have posted countering issues you have with his speed.

Who cares where he was projected at this point. Texans are drafting for depth at this point.

Giants can miss on guys too. No one is even close to 90 percent on draft day...I mean Foster went undrafted...

What i'm saying though is a lot of teams passed on him INCLUDING other teams who have had success recently.

9ers, Bears, Lions passed on him including other teams like the Rams and Jets. Seems like those guys don't think as highly of him as you do.

Mayock seems to think it was a good solid pick, Iunno. I honestly don't know much about the dude so I'm not going to sit here and bash the pick. I remember there were a few people not liking the Watt pick last year and I remember there were a ton of people not liking the D.Brown pick...in the end we will see.
now this is a post explaining your opinion rather than calling another poster names.

happens every year.
and this is actually rather passive compared to the Duane Brown or Mario reactions.
:D

Yeah. This reminded my a lot of whatsisface's meltdown over the Duane Brown pick that was, according to him, the worst pick evar in the history of bad picks.

Come on, that's ridiculous. The guy had very solid soph and junior seasons with the passing challenged Terrelle Pryor at QB. Yes, he's a surprising pick for the Texans. He doesn't have the look or talents of a traditional WCO WR. But, he can run a go route.

He was a surprising pick, which means us Texans fans who know this team inside out are left wondering WHY? Why Posey?

And he doesn't have the looks or the talents of a traditional WCO WR, according to you as well, but hey...let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

But, he can run a go route.

You realize this is Jacoby Jones all over again, right? (a) Surprising pick, (b) doesn't have the look of what we know to fit the WCO, and (c) can run fast. He also has the same amount of marbles in his head that Jacoby possesses, too, from what the early returns tell us.

I'm debating the pick, the topic here, so I just cannot see how what I said is "ridiculous" in terms of how your own assessment of him is saying this guy is not all that great when you look at it reasonably.

I am excited about Mercilus and Brooks. The guy in the middle of them? LOL, not a chance. It was a bad pick.

Adam Schefler keeps yakking about us putting Jacoby on the trading block.

...like who will take him?

I hope we can negotiate better than the Eagles. They only got a 7th for Asante Samuel.

Back