Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2011 Houston Cougars Thread

Case is listed as the 8th best QB available for the draft and is projected as a 5th to 6th round pick right now.

I know I will probably get blasted but I would not mind seeing Houston draft him in a late round. Leinart just has one more year left and right now the future is just inveted in Yates but I would like to have more choices than that.

Case is listed as the 8th best QB available for the draft and is projected as a 5th to 6th round pick right now.
I hope Keenum gets an opportunity to go to the Senior Bowl and be seen outside the Cougar offense.

Wouldn't mind if the Texans used a 5th rounder or later on Case if hes there. That's where they picked found T.J. Yates at.

I'm gonna go with 2nd. I think some team that passes on QBs in the 1st will take Keenum in the 2nd to fill a need. At this point, I think Ryan Tannehill will go in the 1st just due to the position lacking talent and the trend of over-drafting QBs.

Tannehill will have to impress at the combine and his pro-day to lift himself into the first. I see him going in the third. I think Russell Wilson is the third best prospect in this year's draft, and at this point VERY underrated. Weedon is likely to go next, great accuracy.

I hope Keenum gets an opportunity to go to the Senior Bowl and be seen outside the Cougar offense.

For sure, him getting into the senior bowl is really going make a difference where he is selected. He's got to convince scouts he can take snaps under center effectively. Could be a packed Senior bowl at QB with some trying to make major statements and vying for draft position.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1007163-ticketcity-bowl-case-keenum-is-the-real-no-2-qb-draft-pick-after-andrew-luck

The Nittany Lions ranked 10th in the nation in total defense and fourth in the nation in passing defense. There's no question that this is the best defense Houston had faced all year and is one of the best defenses in the entire nation.

I had argued many times leading up to the game that Keenum and the vaunted Houston offense would hit a brick wall against Penn State and would fare even worse than they did in the the conference championship game.

I was wrong. Very, very wrong.

In just the first quarter of the TicketCity Bowl, Keenum threw for over 200 yards and led Houston to a 17-0 lead. By halftime, Keenum had 380 passing yards with three touchdowns.

Put that into context again.

Most quarterbacks are lucky to put up 380 yards in a full game against modest defensive competition. Keenum did that in one half and against the fourth rated pass defense in the nation to boot.

On the day, Keenum ended up with astronomical numbers. He completed 45-of-69 for 532 yards and three touchdowns without an interception.

In the biggest game of the season, against the best defense he faced all year, Case put up some of his best numbers. Any questions?

Read more from the link above.

Tannehill will have to impress at the combine and his pro-day to lift himself into the first. I see him going in the third. I think Russell Wilson is the third best prospect in this year's draft, and at this point VERY underrated. Weedon is likely to go next, great accuracy. .

I think Tannehill belongs in the 4th round, but with Landry Jones, Barkley and probably RG3 staying in school another year, I think Tannehill will end up being the 3rd best rated QB in this draft (Behind Luck and Wilson). So some needy team will likely take him at the end of the first, after a trade up from the early 2nd. I expect him to be at least a 2nd round pick at this point, and I think Keenum will also get bumped up to the 3rd at least. I wouldn't mind the Texans taking Case in the 4th if he's there, but I think those first 3 picks need to be WR, C/G, and LB.

I just prefer not to count my chickens with Yates who is still a work in progress.

Last edited:
Cougars finish the year 13-1 and ranked #14 in the coaches poll and #18 in the ap poll. The first time UH has ended the season ranked since 1990.

Back