Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2009 Member Mock (Second) Rounds 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm....the Colts couldv'e used some other players still avaiable but okay. Honestly, don't know too much about him but thanks for making the pick....

King is a player.

He is kind of stuck between positions though. He will either be an undersized, athletic DT or a run stuffing DE.

I think he would do well as a 34 DE, but he actually isn't a bad pick for the Colts if they are staying with the Tampa 2 defense. That defense requires all your linemen to be able to pressure the QB, which King is capable of.

King is a player.

He is kind of stuck between positions though. He will either be an undersized, athletic DT or a run stuffing DE.

I think he would do well as a 34 DE, but he actually isn't a bad pick for the Colts if they are staying with the Tampa 2 defense. That defense requires all your linemen to be able to pressure the QB, which King is capable of.

Oh ok...I thought with Gundy retiring they would consider switching defensive schemes or change to a 3-4 since that seems to be the craze nowadays.

Last edited:
Oh ok...I thought with Gundy retiring they would consider switching defensive schemes or change to a 3-4 sense that seems to be the craze nowadays.

When Jim Caldwell was introduced as the new head coach he said that they would not be changing schemes on offense or defense.

Just some FYI - the doctor thinks my fathers brain tumor is benign. He still has to have surgery, but still it's good news!

Thanks for your prayers and support.

Just some FYI - the doctor thinks my fathers brain tumor is benign. He still has to have surgery, but still it's good news!

Excellent, now hopefully the tumor can be removed and your father can get back on his feet! :smiliedance:

Sorry to hear about your dad Shaft but this is great news!

Hang in there man.

Thanks to everyone who kept this thing rolling while I was out of town. We are 3 picks away from completing round 3. Here is the updated list. LINK.

Excellent, now hopefully the tumor can be removed and your father can get back on his feet! :smiliedance:

We meet with the neurosurgeon on Monday. He is going to get an angiogram so they will be sure there won't be any complications. Supposedly they go up an arterie to get to the tumor. Scary stuff to me.

Sorry for the delay.

The Tennessee Sister-Boinkers select:

WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly 6-6, 225, 4.61

Not a fast guy but lots of production to go with that great size at Wideout. Probably starts from day 1.

Sorry for the delay.

The Tennessee Sister-Boinkers select:

WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly 6-6, 225, 4.61

Not a fast guy but lots of production to go with that great size at Wideout. Probably starts from day 1.

Nice, I was going to suggest a WR with this pick. Derrick Williams from Penn St. or Ramses Barden from Cal Poly. Incredible!

Arizona up next, then me. I've got my pick ready so we're close to having 3 rounds complete!

We meet with the neurosurgeon on Monday. He is going to get an angiogram so they will be sure there won't be any complications. Supposedly they go up an arterie to get to the tumor. Scary stuff to me.

Well if the treatment/surgery is in the Houston medical center area, they have some of the best neurosurgeons in the nation so your father is in good hands! Best of luck to him...

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Billy Costigan from the Departed... oops

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Gerald Cadogan, OT, Penn St.

Steelers get an offensive linemen with a lot of upside. Potentially could take over at LT in the future but will most likely get some time early as a RT or possibly even a G. While Duke Robinson is a popular pick for the Steelers at 32, I'm still not sure about it... i think it was a reach. I think Duke will need some time to groom but could develop into a great guard for them. In anycase, Steelers need OL help and they get their possible LG and RG/RT of the future in this draft with Robinson and Codogan. Gilbert fills a need along their DL and look for Pittsburgh to start addressing the void that was left in the secondary when McFadden departed town.

This concludes round 3.

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Billy Costigan from the Departed... oops

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Gerald Cadogan, OT, Penn St.

Steelers get an offensive linemen with a lot of upside. Potentially could take over at LT in the future but will most likely get some time early as a RT or possibly even a G. While Duke Robinson is a popular pick for the Steelers at 32, I'm still not sure about it... i think it was a reach. I think Duke will need some time to groom but could develop into a great guard for them. In anycase, Steelers need OL help and they get their possible LG and RG/RT of the future in this draft with Robinson and Codogan. Gilbert fills a need along their DL and look for Pittsburgh to start addressing the void that was left in the secondary when McFadden departed town.

This concludes round 3.

That's a good value pick.

The Cowboys of Dallas via the Lions of Detroit select Scott McKillop ILB from Pitt . Why ... cause he's easily the highest rated player on my board .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back