Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2009 Member Mock (Second) Rounds 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK ... here's my biggest hail Mary .

I'm picking Jasper Brinkley , a big run stuffing ILB , who was a 1st team SEC LB until he suffered a knee injury . I think if he wouldn't have gotten injured he may have been a better prospect at ILB than Rey M . Jasper showed he's pretty well recovered and brings a another tough presence to Miami's defense .

48-scga_cab005.standalone.prod_affiliate.138.JPG

Last edited:

I'm picking Jasper Brinkley , a big run stuffing ILB , who was a 1st team SEC LB until he suffered a knee injury . I think if he wouldn't have gotten injured he may have been a better prospect at ILB than Rey M . Jasper showed he's pretty well recovered and brings a another tough presence to Miami's defense .

I think Jasper Brinkley is awesome. If it's a reach at all, it's not a HUGE reach.

I don't think that's a huge hail mary. Brinkley was a good player even at that larger weight he played with for most of his time at South Carolina.

Plus, Miami really needs ILBs. My Dolphins friends do not like Channing Crowder playing ILB in that 3-4 and the Dolphins don't have anybody else worth mentioning at the spot.

If I was going ILB I would have taken Jason Phillips (TCU), but Brinkley is a good player.

With their third round pick, 88th overall - the Baltimore Ravens select:

Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, LSU

60827.jpg

Trevor Pryce will be 34 in August, and Francois could provide versatile depth for the defensive line, and eventually replace Pryce who this time next year will be almost 35 and scheduled to make $4.5 million in 2010.

I was looking at a blocking TE and an OT here, but I think one and possibly both will still be on the board for my fourth pick.

... also - the guy I had kind of decided to pick (Jasper Brinkley, the guy I thought might "replace" Ray Lewis one day) literally went one spot behind me, which I didn't count on because some would say he's a reach here.

So - nice pick by Earl, IMO.

The New England Patriots & rmartin65 are now on the clock!

With 89th pick in the 2009 Texans Talk Mock Draft, the New England Patriots select Trevor Canfield, OG, Cincinnati.

cincinnati_trevor_canfield_sm.jpg

Canfield provides depth for an aging OLine. He can backup both guard spots, and maybe even the RT. He has a nasty disposition, and is a team player.

With 89th pick in the 2009 Texans Talk Mock Draft, the New England Patriots select Trevor Canfield, OG, Cincinnati.

cincinnati_trevor_canfield_sm.jpg

Canfield provides depth for an aging OLine. He can backup both guard spots, and maybe even the RT. He has a nasty disposition, and is a team player.

Wow nice draft! I didt realize NE had 5 picks in the first three rounds.

Wow nice draft! I didt realize NE had 5 picks in the first three rounds.

Thank you. And yep, I lucked out in the lottery. I was able to do alot, and am happy with my draft, I dont think I would have changed anything looking back. I would really enjoy going more rounds, anybody else in?

With the 90th pick in the NFL draft the Atlanta Falcons select...

Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon State

KeenanLewis.jpg

A four-year starter at Oregon State, Lewis has good size for the position and matches up well against taller receivers. He fits the Falcons cover-two defense well.

I wanted a DT here, but Scott didn't fall and I don't see any other DT worth this pick, so I decided to go with the CB from Oregon State.

Thank you. And yep, I lucked out in the lottery. I was able to do alot, and am happy with my draft, I dont think I would have changed anything looking back. I would really enjoy going more rounds, anybody else in?

I'm definitely up for doing all rounds, or even doing another mock.

I'm down. I might need to be assigned a partner though. I don't have a tremendous knowledge of the late round prospects.

I can at least make it throug the fourth round though I am not as versed in some of the late round picks. While I haven't had a flashy draft for the Raiders I think that is something different in itself. I had to address one of the worst run defenses in the league and I think B.J. Raji will help tremendously will that. Javon Walker has not made the impact that they ahve hoped but if he's healthy this year Him and Britt will make great targets for Russell. My third round pick was hard to go with but if this offense is going to do anything next year they are going to have to be solid on the line. That was made difficult with Jake Grove leaving. I picked up whom I thought was the best center available in Caldwell.

So far I think Bah has done a good job for the Pack and I think Super Mario has done agood job retooling the Lions into a team that can bounce back from last year's disaster.

I think we really wanted to finish the 4th at the very least because the Texans have two in the 4th . We could designate a time and divvy up teams , 5 minutes per team and finish the 4th in no time.

I'd like to give it a shot but I might be spotty time-wise in the evenings until about 9:00-9:30 pm. Then I'm pretty solid and should be available.

So far I think Bah has done a good job for the Pack and I think Super Mario has done agood job retooling the Lions into a team that can bounce back from last year's disaster.

Hell, I think I got some impact players on defense. I am pretty happy with my draft so far. Give me a back up RB that can pound it in and some OL depth in some of the later rounds and we're good as gold.

Meh, if yall continue on to the 4th round and on, someone can take my Iggles.

If you start over though with a new one I'd be down. I just don't really care for going beyond the first three rounds.

Meh, if yall continue on to the 4th round and on, someone can take my Iggles.

If you start over though with a new one I'd be down. I just don't really care for going beyond the first three rounds.

I'll take yhe Eagles if thats cool with everyone through the 7th...

I won't be on for a couple of hours but if y'all are gonna do a group pick then here are some names:

The Giants have already addressed WR, TE, & OT (in that order).

If they want some more depth behind Jacobs there are still some good RB's out there (R. Jennings, S. Greene, A.Brown, J. Davis).

They could go OLB (G. McRath, T. McKenzie).

Or get some depth at FS (D. Pegues)

Sorry Lork 88.

With the 91st overall pick in the 2009 NFL Mock Draft the New York Giants select:

Tyrone McKenzie - OLB, South Florida

AJAZOLHQFUTDADC.20080903002656.jpg

Indianapolis Colts and Texan_JBZ are on the clock for the #92 pick...

Sorry Lork 88.

With the 91st overall pick in the 2009 NFL Mock Draft the New York Giants select:

Tyrone McKenzie - OLB, South Florida

AJAZOLHQFUTDADC.20080903002656.jpg

Indianapolis Colts and Texan_JBZ are on the clock for the #92 pick...

That's a good pick. When I was looking into the Gints in the first Mock, a lot of guys on the Giants boards were screaming for a new OLB.

That's a good pick. When I was looking into the Gints in the first Mock, a lot of guys on the Giants boards were screaming for a new OLB.

The G-men are going to have a killer D. They got Canty, Boley, and if they get McKenzie to add onto there current defense...thats one sick :d:

The G-men are going to have a killer D. They got Canty, Boley, and if they get McKenzie to add onto there current defense...thats one sick :d:

They also brought in Rocky Bernard. I think it's obvious what the Giants are trying to do. The Texans will likely do the same through the draft. BUILD THE DEFENSE!

They also brought in Rocky Bernard. I think it's obvious what the Giants are trying to do. The Texans will likely do the same through the draft. BUILD THE DEFENSE!

mmmmhhhmmmm... You mean that's what the Texans are doing through the draft.

Nice pick with McKenzie.

With the 92nd Pick, the Indy Colts select Mitch King, 6'2" 280lbs, DL, Iowa. (Note: I don't know if he's been selected already because I've been out of town. If he has let me know)

Versatile player who can play both the 3-tech and DE for the Colts. Quick and hard-nosed player.

With the 92nd Pick, the Indy Colts select Mitch King, 6'2" 280lbs, DL, Iowa. (Note: I don't know if he's been selected already because I've been out of town. If he has let me know)

Versatile player who can play both the 3-tech and DE for the Colts. Quick and hard-nosed player.

Hmmmm....the Colts couldv'e used some other players still avaiable but okay. Honestly, don't know too much about him but thanks for making the pick....

North&

With the 93rd pick, the Carolina Panthers select Nate Davis, QB.

With Delhomme getting old and having some questions about Matt Moore, the Panthers select probably the 4th best QB in this draft. He's big, he's strong... and he needs some time to get polished.

From FF Toolbox:
Davis has it all. A big frame, powerful arm, and accuracy to go along with them. He is athletic enough to buy time with his leg, and he goes through his progressions with relative ease. Check his second and third options rather regularly. He is a leader who takes command of the huddle. However, he lacks experience, his throwing motion needs refinement and his footwork needs more development.

Davis, a junior, is a rare physical specimen. He is a true NFL product. If he declares, and all indications points towards that, he would be highly sought after by many teams. He is a second round talent who, with a great last two months of the season, could sneak into the later stages of the first round. Davis will be a starter in the NFL by 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back