Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Your questions for Demeco Ryans

badboy

Hall of Fame
Under supposition he would actually answer without filter.

Why can't Chris Strausser teach offensive line to run block?

Why doesn't Slowik give John Metchie more than one target a game?

Is there an Unwritten Texans rule that if Houston is ahead of their opponent in a game, your offense goes into slow down mode?

I'm pretty sure that's on S2roud. Slowik doesn't tell him who to throw the ball to. He gives him a play, teaches him how to read the defense, & hopes he makes good decisions.

Far as asking DeMeco a question, can he make this make sense?

image-placeholder-title.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's on S2roud. Slowik doesn't tell him who to throw the ball to. He gives him a play, teaches him how to read the defense, & hopes he makes good decisions.

Far as asking DeMeco a question, can he make this make sense?

image-placeholder-title.jpg
They just got caught up in the moment! That's happened to me before. But then I always tried to leave as soon as I could afterwards.

Under supposition he would actually answer without filter.

Why can't Chris Strausser teach offensive line to run block?

Is there an Unwritten Texans rule that if Houston is ahead of their opponent in a game, your offense goes into slow down mode?

....because OL have to want to knock the snot out of the defenders in front of them. The Texans OL just don't have enough guys wanting to be that physical.

2 back to back games with over 100 rushing yards. Its getting better, but go look at Howards grades and even the tape, he's out of position. The light isn't coming on for him at LG. He needs to go back to RT.
They need to get someone healthy to step in at LG

Who’s asking? Pierce or Singletary? It seems like one is getting the scheme, and the other one ain’t.
Sunday I think Singletary did a good job getting around the edge. As much as I like Pierce, I don't think he's that guy. If that's part of the stretch game, Pierce is already at a disadvantage if that outside run is off the table.

....because OL have to want to knock the snot out of the defenders in front of them. The Texans OL just don't have enough guys wanting to be that physical.
ZBS is not a "knock the snot out" scheme. It is to control the opponent and 'guide' him where the play calls. It is not my preference but is working better every game and without LG OC and RT starters that were expected to play.

Demeco can you stop giggling and give us a hint if you are bringing JJ Watt on board? What do you mean the giggling is a hint?

Letting Kenyon heal isn't giving up on him.
Agreed, but that first round pick is for sure a sunken cost in the eyes of the FO, hence why they didn’t force anything at the trade deadline and have been getting by with Howard at LG.
Now Tytus’ status doesn’t look promising for the rest of this season and that’s opened up an opportunity for another draft pick returning from injury in Scruggs.

Sack who?
Assuming he thought he was in the gameday thread and wanted TLaw sacked.

That's a guess though because I think it would be wild to think he wants Demeco sacked in the British sense of the word - As in fired.

Assuming he thought he was in the gameday thread and wanted TLaw sacked.

That's a guess though because I think it would be wild to think he wants Demeco sacked in the British sense of the word - As in fired.
I wouldn’t want TLaw sacked then in the American sense either

Okay....I was watching the game with my son on the phone and the grandkids, but man was I supremely pissed watching one particular play. It was the TD pass to Dell. The pocket broke down and Stroud was scrambling to the right and then reversed back to the left bringing the defense with him....Tunsil had pushed his man out of the way initially, then the defense was coming back around in pursuit of CJ, Tunsil watched as (I believe it was 41) the defender was chasing and had plenty of time to lay the pursuer out, but instead put his hands on his hips and let the defender by him untouched. If CJ hadn't got the ball out when he did, I believe the defender had a full head of steam and bead on him.....would've laid him out for a sack or QB Hit.

What’s up with Anderson? I know he’s undersized for DT but if he just wants to bull rush why not put him there and see if he can collapse the pocket.

Forgive me for listening to some of these dumb podcasts. But one of them mentioned that in the future going forward, “Slowick needs to take the training wheels off of John Metchie”.

LOL.. this is along those lines of “why can’t Slowick target Metchie and Hutchinson more”?

Like someone else mentioned, that is on Stroud. From watching Stroud, he doesn’t care what the name on his jersey says. If you want Metchie to get the ball thrown to him more, tell him to do what Tank.Dell does…. get open more. Pretty simple concept.

Forgive me for listening to some of these dumb podcasts. But one of them mentioned that in the future going forward, “Slowick needs to take the training wheels off of John Metchie”.

LOL.. this is along those lines of “why can’t Slowick target Metchie and Hutchinson more”?

Like someone else mentioned, that is on Stroud. From watching Stroud, he doesn’t care what the name on his jersey says. If you want Metchie to get the ball thrown to him more, tell him to do what Tank.Dell does…. get open more. Pretty simple concept.
Simple ? Seems you should research before gum smacking? John Metchie 10 games targeted 13 and caught 11 for 129 yards.
Hutch caught 2 of 4 targets for 44 yards..

What was your point again?

Simple ? Seems you should research before gum smacking? John Metchie 10 games targeted 13 and caught 11 for 129 yards.
Hutch caught 2 of 4 targets for 44 yards..

What was your point again?

So, I guess when you said “why doesn’t Slowick give Metchie more than than one target a game?” that was just a rhetorical question, and you didn’t appreciate the Captain Obvious answer?

If not, then what is YOUR point?

So, I guess when you said “why doesn’t Slowick give Metchie more than than one target a game?” that was just a rhetorical question, and you didn’t appreciate the Captain Obvious answer?

If not, then what is YOUR point?
Wut? I asked legitimate question as both guys need more targets. You said if they got open more JC would target them. I provided stats that both catch almost every pass sent their way. Fact is both do get open.. regularly.
Captain obvious didn't know that.. obviously.

If you are saying Metchie had 13 targets in 10 games then you are just being language police and bypassing my obvious point. If you are, well good for you; what an excellent way of creating discussion. You must be very proud.

Is it weird if you do? Asking for a friend.
I think it depends on the topic. For the CJ Stroud highlights/Texans hype threads/NSFW threads, no problem at all, but if you have it while posting in the Deshaun Watson thread then, yes. And if it lasts more than 4 hours see a doctor or a nurse, depending on how you want to address it.

My question for DR is how do you really feel about the team?
I really like them now that the team appears to be out of the woods. It has been several years since I enjoyed watching the Texans, as it always seemed they were just spinning their wheels and had no chance of competing. I think they have a lot of players to be excited about, and that this team could be contending for a Super Bowl as early as 1-2 years. They need to be aggressive in adding talent this offseason though, and they have to capitalize on the window of CJ Stroud not making 50+ million per year. Go get Mike Evans this offseason, go get Josh Allen to play opposite Anderson, re-sign Dalton Schultz, find some O-linemen in the draft and let's run the table!

Wut? I asked legitimate question as both guys need more targets. You said if they got open more JC would target them. I provided stats that both catch almost every pass sent their way. Fact is both do get open.. regularly.

How do you figure? Just because they catch almost every pass sent their way, has nothing to do with how often they get open.

Why would CJ NOT target them if he sees them getting open. That doesn’t make any sense.

I really like them now that the team appears to be out of the woods. It has been several years since I enjoyed watching the Texans, as it always seemed they were just spinning their wheels and had no chance of competing. I think they have a lot of players to be excited about, and that this team could be contending for a Super Bowl as early as 1-2 years. They need to be aggressive in adding talent this offseason though, and they have to capitalize on the window of CJ Stroud not making 50+ million per year. Go get Mike Evans this offseason, go get Josh Allen to play opposite Anderson, re-sign Dalton Schultz, find some O-linemen in the draft and let's run the table!
Thanks DR!😉

Back