Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

You might be having a good season.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Remember Jeff Foxworthy? "You might be a redneck."

I was thinking it would be funny if we had a thread that would help us Texans fans recognize a good season (since we've never seen one before), Jeff Foxworthy style.

I'll kick it off.

If it's six days after your last game & there are no threads dedicated to that guy who committed three false starts in that game (one on 4th & 1 after a time out)....

Your turn

If it's six days after your last game & there are no threads dedicated to that guy who committed three false starts in that game (one on 4th & 1 after a time out)....

There are not 10 threads (or even 1) on page 1 about firing the Coach or any member of the coaching staff.

You might be having a good sesaon.

When even the most pessimistic amoung us are are in good spirits, you might be having a good season.

If you think you still have a chance to get to the Super Bowl, with a 3rd string QB (5th round pick, 1st Tarheel to start at QB in the NFL), without your best receiver, without arguably your best defensive player....

When you have to do a double look at the television while watching ESPN because they actually mentioned your team for once.....you might be having a good season

When you look at playoff standings when they flash up on ESPN or NFL Network, and you see the Texans are one of the "elite" teams in their conference, clearly separating themselves from the pack of mediocre teams. You see four other teams tied at 7-5 and the others with 7 or more losses. We use to be one of the teams with 7 or more losses at this time...

When you have to do a double look at the television while watching ESPN because they actually mentioned your team for once.....you might be having a good season

When your fantasy football team sucks because I have ...err YOU... have Matt Schaub, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels, and J.Jones but we're not throwing the ball enough to get me ...errr YOU... 10-15 points a game... and YOU DON'T CARE!!

You might be having a good season....

When everyone outside of the Houston market in Texas is crying and mad because the Texans aren't being shown on TV. And it's December...

When the coach of the Cincinnati Bengals describes the upcoming game against your team as "maybe the biggest I've had in the NFL"

You might be having a good season

You might be having a good season if you aren't dizzy from trying to spin a bad/mediocre season into a good season.

If your owner hasn't needed to inform the fans that his team is "On the right track".

You might be having a good season if you are a 7/1 favorite to win the Super Bowl

Wait... WHAT??
where did you see that?!

sorry, I was distracted...

you might be having a good season when Cowboy fans dare not give us crap about our team since our record is better than theirs and they're just a Romo-meltdown (or another Jason Garrett brainfart) away from losing their slim division lead and missing the playoffs altogether.

When your fantasy football team sucks because I have ...err YOU... have Matt Schaub, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels, and J.Jones but we're not throwing the ball enough to get me ...errr YOU... 10-15 points a game... and YOU DON'T CARE!!

You might be having a good season....

Or you have Matt Ryan and hoped he got negative points last week.

If you are behind the Steelers by 2.1 yards/game for the #1 defense in the NFL (& you are #1 in scoring defense) after 12 weeks......

You might be having a good season when:

Monday morning you wake up hoping sunday to come fast... To watch the Texans play again...

When you're still talking about football in December, you might be having a good season.

If you think you still have a chance to get to the Super Bowl, with a 3rd string QB (5th round pick, 1st Tarheel to start at QB in the NFL), without your best receiver, without arguably your best defensive player....

When someone can come into this thread to post all of these things in one post, and people still have things to brag about in subsequent posts...

you might be having a good season :whip:

When your wife comes back from the gynecologist, pissed, because the gyno installed a TV in the exam room, running loops of the Texans’ games, while the whole office staff, including the doctor, is watching the games during the exam…?

It is December and there is a very good possibility that your vow of celibacy could be over in the next few weeks and as early as tomorrow if things go as planned

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42340

and that would movie it up to a VERY good season (great season would be adding a trophy to reliant)
yeah I remember 4 year old threads for some reason

Power to the RealJoker! Where is that optimistic spaz? We all remember that thread. Hell, I might introduce him to my really trampy cousin.

If you put an order in for a 3rd string qb jersey for the playoffs... You might be having a good season.

When your wife comes back from the gynecologist, pissed, because the gyno installed a TV in the exam room, running loops of the Texans’ games, while the whole office staff, including the doctor, is watching the games during the exam…?

and it might be time to consider looking for a new doctor
:D

You know you might be having a good season when the only people you want to fire are the groundskeeper and the people who schedule college/highschool games a day before the Texans play.

When you go shopping at Best Buy in Eagles Country and one of the workers comments on you being a Texans fan (proudly wearing gear), and instead of laughing want's to know how many points different players will be getting for fantasy football. And then tells you good luck. (I was really, really confused and almost just walked out of the store without purchasing my stuff because of it...)

If you finally know how playoff tickets are purchased...You might be having a good season.

On a side note, I'm working about 3 hrs. SW of Indy right now and everyone I've met has been pretty supportive of the Texans. Can't wait for Indy game on Thurs. nite. I'll be there in sect. 113 on the Texans side of the field!!!!

I heard :spy:

Treasures is holding a promotion of "if you bring Texan Bill in on Sundays, you also get in free. and with 2 for 1 lap dances" :texanbill:

:joker:

If Jeff Foxworthy declines to sue you for trademark infringement; you might be having a good season.

If Thorn hasn't been telling everybody to kiss his ass.... you might just need to get Thorn drunk because you might be having a good season. LOL

If, after 12 weeks, you realize you have a top 5 offense (points) even though you've played eight games against top 10 defenses (points)....

You might be having a damn good season.

When you can log on to TexansTalk and can SMILE!!

That's what I'm doing this morning. Very little negative talk, fans showing support of our team REGARDLESS of adversity, reading positive posts, and knowing I'm sharing this ride with some of the BEST diehards on the face of the earth!! THAT my friends, is having a GOOD season!!!!:fans:

When you can log on to TexansTalk and can SMILE!!

That's what I'm doing this morning. Very little negative talk, fans showing support of our team REGARDLESS of adversity, reading positive posts, and knowing I'm sharing this ride with some of the BEST diehards on the face of the earth!! THAT my friends, is having a GOOD season!!!!:fans:

:goodpost:

You're dang right, Gma!

And I hope this continues! :texanbill:

If you clinch your division on the road against a play-off contender in week 13....

Nature+Boy+Ric+Flair-thumb-400x433-1517.jpg

Wooooo!!

If your 3rd string QB wins rookie of the week for week 13,

If you are the ONLY team in your conference to have clinched a playoff spot...
you might be having a good season.

Back