Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

WK1: Colts at Texan Gameday & Discussion

Your attitude determines your latitude. You've got to flap your wings if you want to learn how to fly. This is elementary school stuff. At some point, Lovie better learn to take the training wheels off the tricycle. Like starting this week.

OMG!! Really?

Never said anywhere that they’d win. My point is they passed on the chance to win. This isn’t that hard, guys, really. But hey, if you’re good with not even trying, more power to you.
They also passed on the chance to out-right lose, and the way the game was going since the 4th quarter, my money would have been on us falling short of the win. Live to play another day with minimal damage done.

Give Mills a few years to learn and grow.
Mills will have had last year and will have this year. Does few = 2? The other QBs you mentioned got more guaranteed money with their higher draft slot. Plus the GMs and coaches that decided to spend the high pick will have a huge L on their player acquisition record. Mills is a 3rd round pick. Not the same type of commitment. If Mills doesn't look like the guy by the end of the season, no reason to not to keep looking.

Last edited:
Lovie wasn't feeling it.
No he wasn't, and I'm not accusing him of tanking. But if you play to win the game, you give your guys the chance to win the game. I think there are other things to consider besides winning one game, and one of those went into Lovie's call.

Last edited:
BTW, Lovie's team did what nobody predicted they could do, tie the Colts.
Few predict ties because they are so random. There was only one tie in the 2021 season. Usually, teams try to avoid ties and attempt to win the game.

Reactions: JB
I was a little ticked off with the decision as well. But was really ticked with how they went conservative once we got up 17.
Mills needs to toughing up, because after that sack fumble, he was clearly not the same. At that point the offense went very bad.
Now after a few days of thinking about it, Lovie made the right decision. I can see if his offense was rolling at the point but they weren’t. Those three and outs led to only 68 possessions for the entire game. I don’t think they had over 20 possessions in the second half. Gents that’s not winning football. We had only 20 first downs to the Colts 33. We won’t be able to control the time of possession with a whopping 2.8 a carry. And Mills playing scared after one big hit.

I didn't see the chance. Lovie didn't see the chance.

These guys suck & that's what Lovie was saying.

Just wondering out loud, if Lovie was coaching the Chargers or any other contending team do we think he does something different in that situation?

I lean towards he may go for it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Just wondering out loud, if Lovie was coaching the Chargers or any other contending team do we think he does something different in that situation?

I lean towards he may go for it, but I'm not 100% sure.
Any other team that totally collapsed in the last 8 minutes of regulation and then would have already lost in OT if not for the rookie kicker of the Colts? Yeah, I think he would have made the same decision

Any other team that totally collapsed in the last 8 minutes of regulation and then would have already lost in OT if not for the rookie kicker of the Colts? Yeah, I think he would have made the same decision

So rather than this being an indication that Lovie doesn’t have faith in the team/offense in general would you say that this is just a Lovie thing?

So rather than this being an indication that Lovie doesn’t have faith in the team/offense in general would you say that this is just a Lovie thing?
The Broncos didn’t have faith in their very expensive quarterback last week too. They elected to go for a 64 yard field goal. What was the result: A LOSS. Mind you they had plenty of time left on the clock too.

Back