Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

WK1: Colts at Texan Gameday & Discussion

Texans let Burkhead pad his stats to end the half. I didn’t expect them to be able to make a quick strike drive given the current weaponry. Next season I hope they have the weapons to go get points in that situation.

Happy Mills didn’t force it to Cooks and turn it over though.

So far, I've been impressed with the play of the OL. Mills has to be a wee bit better with ball placement but I haven't seen any bad decisions. The defense has been opportunistic even with a few holes in the secondary that should get better with more time playing together...so overall a nice first half.

Chiming in to say that I'm not dissatisfied with that first half.
They started a little shakey on both sides of the ball but settled in fairly well after a couple series.
Not a bad first half to build on.

Pep seems focused on keeping #10 off the turf with a somewhat conservative game plan.
Also I'm liking the use of Hairston at FB in the offset I formation.

Good 1st half

Now go take the 1st possesion of the 2nd half down and put it in the endzone. Put the Colts in a stressful situation and history says they will fold.
In years past the Texans would come out & try to establish something that absolutely, positively did not work in the first half.

Instead, I hope the Texans build on what did work & still find a new twist to open the field

So far, I've been impressed with the play of the OL. Mills has to be a wee bit better with ball placement but I haven't seen any bad decisions. The defense has been opportunistic even with a few holes in the secondary that should get better with more time playing together...so overall a nice first half.

Agreed. A few communication issues but Colts have nobody making plays except Pittman. Interested to see how both teams adjust this half. Will Lovie let Stingley play tight man coverage or is he content to force the Colts to drive the field 10+ plays if they want to score?

Back