Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

WildCard Post game reaction!

CJ Stroud is on record saying he likes playing in cold weather. (But then went on to say he would have all cold weather areas be some stadiums.) it’s a quote from the Athletic that was polling rookie draft prospects.

I realize there is cold weather and then there is what KC and Buffalo were like yesterday.

Just interesting add on to your comment.

I want KC so bad. Stroud taking down Mahomes at home would launch his legend in to the stratosphere. I’m ready for it.

Does anybody have the snap counts from yesterday? I’m interested in how many snaps the Texans who were playing injured got (probably wouldn’t have been playing if this game were in October). Particularly Greenard.

I know Noah Brown got injured relatively early.

Shows he is really digging deep with his homework.
A shame he won't be here next season.
We need to keep his support staff intact if possible.

I don’t think we lose Jerrod Johnson. He is a Houston native. He has studied under quite a few offensive minds.

Mike Sherman at A&M
Andy Reid at Philly
Nick Sirianni at Indy
Kevin O’Connell at Minnesota
Slowik in Houston

I don’t think we lose Jerrod Johnson. He is a Houston native. He has studied under quite a few offensive minds.

Mike Sherman at A&M
Andy Reid at Philly
Nick Sirianni at Indy
Kevin O’Connell at Minnesota
Slowik in Houston
No way we should be thinking the Texans won't miss a beat if they lose Slowick.

When nobody laughs at my jokes. I don't care cause I laughed at them.... and there are far more voices of laughter inside my head than outside could ever provide.

My hand turns into a butterfly.

Do both hands turn into one butterfly or do they turn into separate butterflies?

I agree but I also think DeMeco knows and has known for a long time that Slowick would be up for a HC job really soon. Also as much as CJ plays like a 10 year vet after this season he actually will have a year under his belt and will feel much more comfortable in the job. I very much see him like Brady where after a few years the OC is mostly there to tell everyone else what play CJ wants to run.

If I had to pick between Ravens and Chiefs I want the Ravens for two reasons:

1) The Ravens beat the Texans earlier this season. The last two weeks have shown the Texans take that losing thing personally and come out hot for revenge.

2) The Ravens have been resting while the Texans have been playing must win playoff football the past three weeks. There is an opportunity to catch them flat while the Texans are firing on all cylinders.

Funny, this is the exact reasoning I gave my buddy last night

Possibly it's me hoping in vain but I see a lot of the better HC gigs out there are getting filled fairly quickly and I'm hoping that by the time he gets around to being available to interview (Keep on winning guys) the only ones left are the less appealing ones. I'm just hoping we can keep him one more year as unlikely as that may seem.

Rewatching the game this morning. My favorite play is the big play action pass to Schultz for the TD. That was beautiful, Schultz had the Safety turned around. Excellent route. S2roud launched a dime with his toe on the 45 yard line. Amazing.
I liked the playcall that had Collins wide open for another TD and Stroud barely missed him. That was a great playcall.

If they want to keep Johnson they're going to have to give him the OC job. Otherwise he will go where Slowik goes. There's been rumors of Klint Kubiak being the OC if Slowik leaves.

I liked the playcall that had Collins wide open for another TD and Stroud barely missed him. That was a great playcall.
Yeah I recall that play as the four of us yelled at the same time 'Nico slowed down' a bit and then took off again. It wasn't much but it seemed like he was trying to create separation that was already there. But I am not complaining.

Yeah I recall that play as the four of us yelled at the same time 'Nico slowed down' a bit and then took off again. It wasn't much but it seemed like he was trying to create separation that was already there. But I am not complaining.
In the past we'd be complaining because we'd take a shot like that maybe 3 times a game so you have to hit on them when they are there.

But Bobby & Cj DGAF, if they miss one, just hold on 'cause another one's coming.

Hmm..
~$25 million or a ring?
It's not even really an OR situation.

IF he sticks around, unless he is fools gold, he is not passing up the 25M, simply postponing it. IF he really knows his stuff and IF he isnt fools gold, the opportunities will continue to come. Maybe even at a higher pay if he plays a major role at achieving the ring and has even more experience.

I wouldn't be shocked either way.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but imagine if the Browns had not traded for Watson & kept Mayfield. His 2023 regular season stats were 17 starts, 4,044 passing yards, 28 passing touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 94.6 passer rating, 163 rushing yards, 1 rushing touchdown. With Mayfield & the 3 first round draft choices they gave up for Watson they probably would have been set for a deep run in the playoffs instead of getting annihilated in the wildcard round.

This just makes the trade for Watson look worse than ever.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but imagine if the Browns had not traded for Watson & kept Mayfield. His 2023 regular season stats were 17 starts, 4,044 passing yards, 28 passing touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 94.6 passer rating, 163 rushing yards, 1 rushing touchdown. With Mayfield & the 3 first round draft choices they gave up for Watson they probably would have been set for a deep run in the playoffs instead of getting annihilated in the wildcard round.

This just makes the trade for Watson look worse than ever.
Good for the Texans that the Browns had to be the Browns...
Mayfield was pretty immature back then despite taking that team just as far as they made it this year

Mayfield was pretty immature back then despite taking that team just as far as they made it this year
Of course I'm saying this with the luxury of seeing how well Mayfield is playing this year. It's just that when I think about the Watson trade I mainly look at the draft capital that the Browns gave up & mostly ignore the fact that they lost a pretty good young QB in the mix.

Seeing Mayfield & the Bucs move forward in the playoffs has to be like rubbing salt in the wound for a lot of Browns' fans. Being as petty as I am I think it is great. It just adds insult to injury.

He played that season hurt and shouldn't have been playing.

Back