Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

WildCard Post game reaction!

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Outside, the crowd was excited and the tailgating was epic - it was a carnival atmosphere out there.
Inside the stadium was electric!
After the score hit 44, the cheer lifted the roof off that stadium! Was it loud on TV? Not just the final TD but whenever Texans made a play?
It was like 20 years of relief just burst out of the whole Texans crowd in a ginormous shout of jubilation!
Bobby Slowik drew up an amazing game plan for that offense and the Browns were helpless against it. Yeah, he didn't have a whole lot to do in the second half, because that's when the defense wanted in on the fun.
Ryans had the whole team in the right frame of mind and if they keep playing like that, the sky's the limit.
Best sporting event I have ever attended and it's not even close.
Texans fans, we got a SQUAD!

I actually sold my tickets because I didn’t want us to be stuck trying to leave the parking lot for hours. I slow smoked some pork ribs and beef ribs overnight, and enjoyed watching the game at home with family. Sure, I would have loved to experience the playoff atmosphere, but I’ve experienced it before and finally got to experience it from the comfort of my own home and I loved it!

With that said, thank god for Hannah, Nick, Demeco, and CJ! Feels like great things are finally coming!

Man, I haven’t posted here in a long time. Congratulations on the win (blowout lol) of the Browns. I knew that Stroud appeared to be the real deal but he has made quite the rookie statement. Now the Texans are going to face either Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, or Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. Should be a great game either way. It all depends on the outcome of the Steelers-Bills game tomorrow.

Although I am still high off that blowout win, there’s one thing really bugs me about the divisional match. The weather! Seems like we’re about to play outside in snowy or freezing conditions and we all remember what happened in New Jersey a few weeks ago.

Although I am still high off that blowout win, there’s one thing really bugs me about the divisional match. The weather! Seems like we’re about to play outside in snowy or freezing conditions and we all remember what happened in New Jersey a few weeks ago.

We all remember what happened against the Stains on Christmas Eve too!

Playing in the elements is tough, but this team seems to learn from its experiences. I feel like we will be prepared for whatever is ahead. It still won't be easy. Every remaining team is still alive for a reason. But Houston is no pushover right now, even in the bright lights. CJ is for real. Even my wife who loves watching football but isn't as fanatical as I am notices how comfortable he seems. That he is unfazed by the high stakes and all of the noise. With him I am confident we have a shot to continue surprising people.

Most likely we will be traveling to Baltimore where the weather actually isn't to bad as of this post. Both Sat and Sun are expected to be around 30 degrees with it being sunny on Sunday, the day we will most likely play. My guess is when this freeze comes in next couple of days Texans will be out there practicing in it to help with cold weather play. Even mother nature is helping the team. :fans:

Great team win. CJ is great. The defense balled! Oline was outstanding. Penalties? Don’t remember many.
was sitting here watching ESPN right now and a thought crossed my mind. Let’s not lose sight of the win that Keenum and the team pulled out in Nashville. That wingave em the opportunity to get where they’re at now. Just a great team we have here fellas. Only gonna get better.

Favorite play of the game was the Nelson pick 6. He had half the defense out there clearing the road. When that last defender looked like he had an angle and I saw #24 leading the way. I was yelling, “ Get him Sting! Get him!” My wife looked at me like I was crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure who got him but they sent #77 of the browns ass over elbows on that play too!! Lol

Glad you had a good time. Texans did the city proud
Where did you tailgate?
Great win! Now I cam spend a few days researching players for off season.

AJ Brown, Chris Jones; LB Josh Allen [moving Cashman to MLB] and FS Geno Smith.
Man, I haven’t posted here in a long time. Congratulations on the win (blowout lol) of the Browns. I knew that Stroud appeared to be the real deal but he has made quite the rookie statement. Now the Texans are going to face either Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, or Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. Should be a great game either way. It all depends on the outcome of the Steelers-Bills game tomorrow.
I had no idea, not a clue as to what kind of NFL QB Stroud would be ?
So we are for sure going to be playing the Chiefs or Ravens next week, there's no chance we play the Bills ?

Favorite play of the game was the Nelson pick 6. He had half the defense out there clearing the road. when that last defender looked like he had an angle and I saw #24 leading the way. I was yelling, “ Get him Sting! Get him!” My wife looked at me like I was crazy.

I promise you that I’m not trying to downplay that pick 6 because I was jumping up and down cheering my arse off, but I think the pick six from Harris was more impressive. The reason for that is because he made a great read and snatched that ball before the receiver could even try to get it and ran it in for 6. The one Nelson snatched was great, don’t get me wrong, and the defense did a hell of a job blocking cleanly without drawing a flag. But Harris made a great read and made a hell of a play. I loved both to be honest. You know what, screw dissecting pick sixes…I loved both and so should all of us! I’m one happy camper!

I promise you that I’m not trying to downplay that pick 6 because I was jumping up and down cheering my arse off, but I think the pick six from Harris was more impressive. The reason for that is because he made a great read and snatched that ball before the receiver could even try to get it and ran it in for 6. The one Nelson snatched was great, don’t get me wrong, and the defense did a hell of a job blocking cleanly without drawing a flag. But Harris made a great read and made a hell of a play. I loved both to be honest. You know what, screw dissecting pick sixes…I loved both and so should all of us! I’m one happy camper!

I hear you. I think I enjoyed watching the defense clear the path more than the pick itself. That was a total defensive effort to make that score happen.

BTW…That was Cashman that laid that block on #77.

I agree. Nelson's pick was due to Barnette plowing Flacco into the ground as he threw the ball. That ball was not going where Flacco wanted it. Nelson did a good job locating the ball & making a play on it while the receiver was running to where the ball was supposed to go.

Harris, Flacco threw the ball on target, his receiver would have caught that ball to convert on 4th & 2. Harris read his eyes & made a break on the ball. What really sets it apart for me is he made a similar play a couple weeks ago but failed to catch the ball. He finished the play this time.

Rewatched the game and the run blocking for the Singletary TD to seal the game was elite! Tunsil did a great job keeping the rush inside allowing Devin to make that cut to the outside for wide open space.
Not being a Houston resident my watching the games on TV has really been restricted recently. With that said is Scruggs making a difference on the OL? Seems even the runs up the middle are more successful now. He’s been one of my favorite players probably from his name and his scruffy looks. Perhaps he will become the paradigm for our OL.

Not being a Houston resident my watching the games on TV has really been restricted recently. With that said is Scruggs making a difference on the OL? Seems even the runs up the middle are more successful now. He’s been one of my favorite players probably from his name and his scruffy looks. Perhaps he will become the paradigm for our OL.

My friend, watch it on crackstreams.com. I was sketched out by the name too, but there are no pop up ads once you're in on it, and I've never once had an issue with buffering etc.

Most likely we will be traveling to Baltimore where the weather actually isn't to bad as of this post. Both Sat and Sun are expected to be around 30 degrees with it being sunny on Sunday, the day we will most likely play. My guess is when this freeze comes in next couple of days Texans will be out there practicing in it to help with cold weather play. Even mother nature is helping the team. :fans:

If I had to pick between Ravens and Chiefs I want the Ravens for two reasons:

1) The Ravens beat the Texans earlier this season. The last two weeks have shown the Texans take that losing thing personally and come out hot for revenge.

2) The Ravens have been resting while the Texans have been playing must win playoff football the past three weeks. There is an opportunity to catch them flat while the Texans are firing on all cylinders.

Difference is they are mostly healthy and they aren't going to be playing on a concrete field.

Last edited:
Rewatched the game and the run blocking for the Singletary TD to seal the game was elite! Tunsil did a great job keeping the rush inside allowing Devin to make that cut to the outside for wide open space.
Perfect vision by Singletary based on what he saw and what the Browns did on defense on that play. Garrett was making an inside move which made it easy for Tunsil to down block him thus sealing him off and Owusu-Koramoah's rush on the blitz was too wide...probably looking to attack CJ only. The hole left was as wide as the Grand Canyon. Motor saw that and cut right into it for the TD run. That's the vision you want from a RB.

They stop playing at the end of November. I'm guessing there hasn't been very many bitterly cold games in Columbus in November.

CJ Stroud is on record saying he likes playing in cold weather. (But then went on to say he would have all cold weather areas be some stadiums.) it’s a quote from the Athletic that was polling rookie draft prospects.

I realize there is cold weather and then there is what KC and Buffalo were like yesterday.

Just interesting add on to your comment.

CJ Stroud is on record saying he likes playing in cold weather. (But then went on to say he would have all cold weather areas be some stadiums.) it’s a quote from the Athletic that was polling rookie draft prospects.

I realize there is cold weather and then there is what KC and Buffalo were like yesterday.

Just interesting add on to your comment.

I don't put much stock into it anyway. Just because the Dolphins, for example, play in the warm south doesn't mean their roster doesn't have guys from all around the country who come from and have played in the cold north. Or that cold weather Buffalo means they're better suited for a cold weather game than say a Houston or Miami. There's plenty of guys on the Bills roster from warm weather areas that hate the cold too.

I don't put much stock into it anyway. Just because the Dolphins, for example, play in the warm south doesn't mean their roster doesn't have guys from all around the country who come from and have played in the cold north. Or that cold weather Buffalo means they're better suited for a cold weather game than say a Houston or Miami. There's plenty of guys on the Bills roster from warm weather areas that hate the cold too.

True.

Back