Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who you got @ #3, #13, & #37?

What's the value of 32 & 34?

Seems a little light to me. You're 3 picks outside the top 10 & you're basically trading out of the 1st round.

I understand 32 is a 1st round pick. & 34 is practically a 1st round pick, but I think I'd need some sweetener
You are correct it favors Detroit too much. I'm working on a trade down mock based on new info I received that Giants are desperate for Neal and more recent "mocks" indicating Travon Walker to Jags with Hutch to Lions leaving an opportunity to drop to #5 and pick up #36. Atlanta supposedly infatuated with Malik Willis after losing out on you know who and PO Ryan. Mariota allows Willis time to develop that Zach Wilson and Miles Davis did not get. We get 1.8 and 2.43 with ATL drafting their future QB and having two round threes. Soon to be 80 YOA Arthur Blank supposedly pissed at way he was snookered on DW fiasco.

What if DET comes back up to 13 and grabs Corrall and HOU gets 32 and 34?
HOU would have 3-32-34-37

Thoughts?
You can get better deal for 13.

I dunno. I am going offense with the 1st 4 picks. I want to see if Mills is the guy. If the offense can keep the defense off the field then the D will improve. If Mills is the guy then you have picks next year to get defense. If he isn't then you use the highest first next year on a QB. That way the rest of the offense is in place and have been playing for a year already. The rookie QB comes in with guys who have some experience.

Best OT
Williamson/Wilson/London
Hall/Walker
Salyer

Then defense
Ok but you realize not much defense left at 107 and 108, right? OTOH, there are several good running backs in that round.

With his comparatively short wingspan/arms, and very unimpressive sprint times Hutchison would appear to have less innate
physical skills/traits than his competitors like Thibideux, Johnson (FSU), & Travon Walker while his oddly greatest appeal may be that he's the "safest" pick of the group because usually a prospect has to have more compelling reasons to go #1 overall.
I don't think Hutch's arms will drop him far and for me I doubt he is there at 1.3. I loved him early season but Jermaine Johnson is right there stats and skill set wise although he is moving up on some boards; many have overlooked arnold ebiketie, Cam Thomas and Sam Williams all who could be available much later.

Walker is truly an impressive physical specimen with a spectacular list of combine accomplishments: prodigious athletic abilities for such a big man with his elite measurements. Some folks actually have him going #1, but I think we'd have to put him down as a dark-horse candidate to be taken first.
The thing is I dunno maybe I missed it because I don't see a line of folks banging the table for Hutch to go #1 overall ?
This is CBS Sports which sys teh data is 4 days old:
No. 1 pick (Jaguars): Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson (-300)
Georgia DL Travon Walker (+350)
N.C. State OL Ikem Ekwonu (+1200)
Alabama OL Evan Neal (+1200)
Oregon DE Kayvon Thibodeaux (+2500)
Liberty QB Malik Willis (+2500)

No. 3 pick (Texans): N.C. State OL Ikem Ekwonu (+180)
Alabama OL Evan Neal (+280)
Georgia DL Travon Walker (+550)
Notre Dame S Kyle Hamilton (+750)
Oregon DE Kayvon Thibodeaux (+900)
Cincinnati CB Ahmad Gardner (+900)
My understanding goes back a bit further with Detroit needing edge rusher and fan concerns that team would go Hamilton at 2. As season progressed and combine results came in fans realized safety could be addressed at #34. Hutch was fire when season ended even as he didn't look so sharp in last game; add he is a Michigan boy college into pros many "talkers" place him with Detroit. Based on my info I still have him there.

I saw Woods sneak into the 2nd round (2.63) in Chad Reuter's latest 4 round mock. Reuter knows people, so that's a pretty good indication Woods is the #2 TE, now.

I think WRs are being pushed up and TEs pushed down. Supply and demand. Some teams go strictly 4 WRs in passing situations, making the TE a 2 down player. TEs might not be coming off the board until late 2nd, early 3rd.

The Texans still need a Y TE. I think Nick, Lovie, and Pep are all in agreement on that. I think they'll probably wait until one comes off the board before making a move, though. There should be someone they like with the 3rd and even 4th round picks.
Maybe but fans seem to think other positional needs have priority.

A FAN POLL: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/3/17/22983661/bengals-needs-nfl-free-agent-news-rumors-2022

You are correct it favors Detroit too much. I'm working on a trade down mock based on new info I received that Giants are desperate for Neal and more recent "mocks" indicating Travon Walker to Jags with Hutch to Lions leaving an opportunity to drop to #5 and pick up #36. Atlanta supposedly infatuated with Malik Willis after losing out on you know who and PO Ryan. Mariota allows Willis time to develop that Zach Wilson and Miles Davis did not get. We get 1.8 and 2.43 with ATL drafting their future QB and having two round threes. Soon to be 80 YOA Arthur Blank supposedly pissed at way he was snookered on DW fiasco.

We should still be in the 20's trading 13. And get a 2nd mid round and either a late 2nd or early 3rd

My understanding goes back a bit further with Detroit needing edge rusher and fan concerns that team would go Hamilton at 2. As season progressed and combine results came in fans realized safety could be addressed at #34. Hutch was fire when season ended even as he didn't look so sharp in last game; add he is a Michigan boy college into pros many "talkers" place him with Detroit. Based on my info I still have him there.
You know what teams gotta be careful about getting too sentimental over a hometown prospect when there's a better prospect on their Board who may not be from their geographical area.
I dunno BB but do you remember when the Lions wanted a WR and took their hometown fav, fella named Charles Rogers, and left a vastly better prospect on their Board who the Texans were fortunate enough to draft ?
Now in no way am I suggesting that Hutchison has the kind of off field issues that Rogers had which of course he doesn't because he's reportedly impeccably clean in the character department but they are both Michigan natives and the Lions maybe should not get too sentimental about a local guy when it comes to choosing the best edge prospect if that's what their priority is, or if their priority is BPA.

You know what teams gotta be careful about getting too sentimental over a hometown prospect when there's a better prospect on their Board who may not be from their geographical area.
I dunno BB but do you remember when the Lions wanted a WR and took their hometown fav, fella named Charles Rogers, and left a vastly better prospect on their Board who the Texans were fortunate enough to draft ?
Now in no way am I suggesting that Hutchison has the kind of off field issues that Rogers had which of course he doesn't because he's reportedly impeccably clean in the character department but they are both Michigan natives and the Lions maybe should not get too sentimental about a local guy when it comes to choosing the best edge prospect if that's what their priority is, or if their priority is BPA.
I agree 100% but we see that right here on our own message board when posters get caught up in their favorite player(s). Fans everywhere do the same.

...and Easterby's picks are in:
Ron Mexico - dog linebacker
Jeffrey Epstein - tight ends
Jack Easterby - is there anything he cannot do?
This just in.... Jack Easterby has informed the league that he is not eligible for the draft, so he has submitted a different pick in his slot. The new pick is:
Dirk Diggler - JE says DD goes "in and out, up and down, and he is known for The Big One!"

Supposedly Seattle wants Willis, as well. And the Panthers still need a QB, although I haven't read who they like.

If Atlanta wants Willis, pointwise, we would also get their 74 and 114, in addition to 43. And of course we exchange their #8.

Seattle would have to give up, in addition to 9, #40, 72, 109 & 152.

Would either team give up so much to get a QB which most/all pundits say isn't a top 10 QB?

Supposedly Seattle wants Willis, as well. And the Panthers still need a QB, although I haven't read who they like.

If Atlanta wants Willis, pointwise, we would also get their 74 and 114, in addition to 43. And of course we exchange their #8.

Seattle would have to give up, in addition to 9, #40, 72, 109 & 152.

Would either team give up so much to get a QB which most/all pundits say isn't a top 10 QB?
It's going to be fun to watch the QB draft battle.
Nerve racking for any GM wanting their favourite and in a quandary when a really nice prospect at another position is sitting there looking at them.
I think there may be a trade back up into the lower first by one of these QB hungry teams - will be cheaper draft wise.

If they stay with two picks in the 1st round, I don't think they'll be taking two defensive players, or two offensive players. I'm pretty sure they'll go with one of each.

I'd be shocked, but very cautiously happy if they did and took two really premium OL in the first round. LOL But I just don't see that.

Give me your picks @ the Texans draft slots at #3, #13 & #37. From your lists, I am going to create a little draft game for the week of the draft.

#3 - ?
#13 - ?
#37 - ?

Thread will remain open until 4/25 AM.

OL Neal then best WR, CB or DL with the other 2 picks.

Last edited:
If I had my way
3 - Evan Neal
13 - Trent McDuffie
37 - Leo Chanal

Pick #3: At 3, they are all PBA, so this is more weighted to need. While it's not the sexy pick, with the Texans wanting to roll with Davis Mills, AND with Tunsil's contract duration, I'd like to see them Give Davis a fighting chance, and create depth with an O-Line pick. If DMills doesn't pan out, at least you've set the stage for protecting his incumbent in 2023. The O-Line is too shallow to ignore by throwing some day 2/3 guys into the mix. I'd like Evan Neal, but wouldn't be upset with Ekwanu or Cross.

Pick #13: 2ndary is the next spot I'd like to fill, as depth and talent are lacking. PBA - Derek Stingly or Kyle Hamilton if we're lucky enough for either to slide into 13. If not, Trent McDuffie.

Pick #37: PBA pick again. Houston's current 4-3 roster has legitimate needs at DE or LB based on who the PBA could be there at 37. If Devin Lloyd or Boye Mafe were to fall to 37, what a gift that would be. If not, roll with Leo Chanal or should Arnold Ebiketie slip, pick one.

I just do not see all the hoopla for Davis as our defensive tackles are set in my opinion. Other positions need updating at a higher priority than defensive line. I am also beginning to think that Lovie Smith believes his offensive line is set which leads me to consider backing off of Penning at 13 and going with a Hotshot wide receiver.

If I knew treylon Burks would be there at 37 he would be the perfect wide receiver in my opinion for Davis Mills. As I do not see him falling that low I would go with Jameson Williams at 13.
I have a feeling Penning is going to bust. I really liked him but the more I watched him the more I’m thinking he’s going to fall To late first maybe later. He got his ass handed to him at the senior bowl. his measurables are what’s going to get him drafted but he has a long way to go before he will be a starter in this league.

I have a feeling Penning is going to bust. I really liked him but the more I watched him the more I’m thinking he’s going to fall To late first maybe later. He got his ass handed to him at the senior bowl. his measurables are what’s going to get him drafted but he has a long way to go before he will be a starter in this league.
Im not very interested in Senior Bowl new coaches no plans no idea who is next to you.

Back