Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Who gets the start at QB after the buy?

• Keenum

Votes: 162 88.5%
  • Schaub

Votes: 21 11.5%

• Total voters
case is the better player, and showed why on sunday. there may be an argument on who gives us the better chance to win right now based on schaub's experience, but for me that player is still keenum. i really dont think schaub has anything left. he wont be fully healthy this year, he cant move, his accuracy is way off, and his reads are the worst of his career. we've seen the top of schaub's potential and it's near impossible for an older declining injured player to get back to that (somewhat mediocre) point.

case does what schaub can do and soooooo much more. you have to put the better player on the field.

kubiak will probably go with schaub if he can, but it's the wrong call.

This better just be "coach speak". There is no way he watched Case play this weekend and STILL think Schaub is the best option at QB. No way.

LOL. :) Oh.. poor, poor matt, I bet even he doesn't want this to be true. Gary Kubiak would be the ultimate bus driver if he blatantly threw Schaub in harms way as he backed out of town.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.. but if true.. WOW, what a dumbass and feel for you Schaub, home fans won't be happy.

This fkn guy... I'm actually kinda glad he's doing this. He deserves to go down with his boy. This is a train wreck one can only dream of.

Meh, if he goes through with this we will DEFINITELY lose to the Colts. They just played Manning about as well as you could play him...they will have two pick sixes and we'll be closer to drafting top 5.

Case is the only guy that could save Kubiak's job so I'd be surprised if he sticks with Schaub.

The Keenum Krew is going to lose their flippin minds!!

This season is just like a soap opera!! LOL

The sad thing about all of this, these "injuries" will give McNair an excuse to keep Kubiak around another year.

As fans, we're screwed

The Keenum Krew is going to lose their flippin minds!!

This season is just like a soap opera!! LOL

I actually have my popcorn ready.. It's obvious who has more staying power here. Keenum will be here long after Kubiak (unless he pulls his head out of his ass) and Matt Schaub.

But yeah, this season is better than a soap opera.. damn shame Wood, Jefferson, and Montgomery didn't include me in on the rotation so I could further enjoy it. :)

I want Bob to stay completely out of it. Just watch like the rest of us.

Bob needs to step in and it would not make him like Jones if he does.. The only time he stepped in he saved Gary's collective ass by getting a new DC when it was obvious we needed one and we won the division in consecutive years and made back to back playoff appearances. He needs to step in again if this is true. I hate Jerry Jones like the next guy and hate owners of that ilk.. but Bob is too conservative and could stand to take a more hands on approach. There has to be some happy medium here.

Would keeping secret the fact that we're gonna start Keenum against the Colts help us at all in terms of forcing the Colts to have to gameplan for both? I want to believe this is just Kubiak playing head games.

No matter who starts, I think we as fans win. == If Schaub starts, it will only hasten GK's firing, fans win. If Case starts, fans win. :doot::doot:

He left the door open for Keenum. I'd expect for Keenum to get all the work the next 2 weeks and for Schaub to not be "100%" healthy for Indy. Keenum will get the start and will continue to do so as long as he plays well.

He knows Keenum is his only way out, but he's loyal to a fault and is going to do everything in his power to not humiliate Schaub.

I anticipate the boo birds coming out for Schaubie's return. If Schaub does start, at least I'll be able to hit the sack on time Sunday night.

To me the truly depressing part of all of this is that I have not one single doubt that Schaub will be starting against the Colts in two weeks. He's the starter and Gary doesn't take starters jobs away from them due to injury. Gary will ignore the fact that Matt has been atrocious and should have lost his job due to poor play.

Gary doesn't think Matt has played as poorly as we all do. That has been established. He may take a starters job away if their backup steps in and picks it up but he also doesn't have an enormous bromance with most of them like he does Schaub. Matt's coming back, don't kid yourselves.

So we get Matt back and unless he's undergone some kind of incredible transition into a completely different QB he's going to walk on to that field hearing a raging chorus of boos. It's cruel but it is honest and frankly it is what he and Gary should be hearing at this point in the season.

If this game plays out the only way it likely should be able to Indianapolis is going to come into our house and beat the **** out of us. Matt will be a mess and even if Gary pulls him and throws Keenum in there it won't matter. In fact it will be worse because he won't spend these two weeks getting Keenum ready to play the Colts. He'll spend it trying to turn Matt into something he isn't (and probably never was). When he does turn to Keenum he'll put him in a no-win scenario with few or zero first team practice reps and likely behind.

What kills me most about all of this is that you can step back and see clearly exactly how Kubiak is going to **** this up. It's not even challenging anymore. It's not surprising that other teams and professional coaching staffs are a step ahead of him. Casual fans know his schtick by heart at this point.

The only really interesting question is when will Bob McNair work it out for himself. I want to know how much longer I have to watch this dumbass work his "magic".

I'm terrified that you might be right, so:

h7D86A1FD

What he said.

If I'm going to guess what Kubiak will do, I simply try to think of the best possible choice to make, then go with the opposite. :rake: He's the George Costanza of the Texans.

You know I am going to laugh hysterically when Kubiak and Schaub are cut at seasons end, and end up with the Jags and come in and beat the Texans on a regular basis. You know it will happen just with the luck this city has with it's sports teams. Either that or, Kubiak will go to a team in another division and win a Super Bowl in the next few years. I don't think Kubiak will be out of work for very long. Tampa Bay seems like a good landing spot for him.

I did not vote, but since you said "who gets the start", I would have to say Schaub because you should not lose your job to injury and Kubiak is a stand up guy even if his job is on the line. Having said that, if Schaub plays badly early vs the Colts he will get the hook for Yates or Keenum, may even see both guys in that game.

There should be little conversation about if Schaub should be playing in any remaining games this season. Kubiak would have to really be asking to get fired if he trots Schaub back out there. If he does, I'll be ready to part with him immediately. Schaub should be done as a Texan, and probably as a starting quarterback in the NFL overall.

Keenum should get the starts for the rest of the season, unless he starts playing like Schaub was earlier in the season (massive turnovers) in which case we should turn to Yates. Keenum has done enough to earn a shot.

You know I am going to laugh hysterically when Kubiak and Schaub are cut at seasons end, and end up with the Jags and come in and beat the Texans on a regular basis. You know it will happen just with the luck this city has with it's sports teams. Either that or, Kubiak will go to a team in another division and win a Super Bowl in the next few years. I don't think Kubiak will be out of work for very long. Tampa Bay seems like a good landing spot for him.

I did not vote, but since you said "who gets the start", I would have to say Schaub because you should not lose your job to injury and Kubiak is a stand up guy even if his job is on the line. Having said that, if Schaub plays badly early vs the Colts he will get the hook for Yates or Keenum, may even see both guys in that game.

LMAO.. oh lord, I hope I have the chance to see that happen. Hell, even Jag fans don't want that to happen.. just ask them.

If he goes back to Schaub .... I'll hit him with a bar of soap .... in a sock. :cutthroat:

I'll stick to my earlier opinion. Case is the new starter.

Kubiak is gushing over case on his coaches show right now. Not just that, but he's not going to come out the day after the game and call case the starter. That's not his MO.

The fact that he's even saying he's going to evaluate the qb situation speaks volumes.

call me crazy but right now I think Matt schaub gives us the best chance to WIN games .... he might not be the long term answer but if they wanna get w's well matts your guy

cuz what if I make a case that Keenum may be good but what if I say keenum will never score more then 21 points this year

update Kubiak was just asked again who is his starter and he wouldn't answer... this leads me to believe it won't be Schaub. Next we'll hear how Case and Matt are "splitting snaps". :rolleyes:

Except I just heard with my own two ears 30 secs ago kubiak say that he's going to evaluate what Matt has done and evaluate what keenum did and make the best choice for the team. He said that live on his coaches show that just ended.

I heard that too .... I think it makes sense that he leaves some suspense in who the starter is going into the next game , especially considering how different those two players are. This makes the Dolts have to prepare for both.

IF they can beat the Dolts .... they can get back in this thing as they get the Cardinals , Raiders & Jaq's in the following three weeks. (yeah that's a big If).

call me crazy but right now I think Matt schaub gives us the best chance to WIN games .... he might not be the long term answer but if they wanna get w's well matts your guy

cuz what if I make a case that Keenum may be good but what if I say keenum will never score more then 21 points this year

Okay Norg, I will call you crazy just to make you happy. :) LOL

Well Schaub is due up next on 610.. tune in, because this could get interesting :)

.. This is becoming a really awkward interview. Vandermeer keeps trying to Segway into asking who the hell is the starting QB going ahead, Schaub keeps saying he's healthy, and is a "full participant" but nobody will admit who the hell is the damn starter.. not Schaub or Kubiak who should already know.. What the ****?

Well Schaub doesn't know. Says he hasn't talked to kubiak at length for a couple days.

He keeps saying he's going to prepare to play. But he sounds like a guy that is worried about not being the starter.

.. This is becoming a really awkward interview. Vandermeer keeps trying to Segway into asking who the hell is the starting QB going ahead, Schaub keeps saying he's healthy, and is a "full participant" but nobody will admit who the hell is the damn starter.. not Schaub or Kubiak who should already know.. What the ****?

that's good to know.

if kubiak declares CK the starter, he can't blame it on Schaub's ankle/leg injury.

kudos to Schaub for being honest about his lack of injury.

Would you tell the Dolts who your starting QB is going to be or would you make them prepare for both ?!

Back