Who gets the start at QB after the buy?

• Keenum

Votes: 162 88.5%
  • Schaub

Votes: 21 11.5%

• Total voters

IlliniJen

Hall of Fame
Who do y'all think gets the start. I assume Schaub will be healthy.

Does the city riot if Kubiak goes with anyone other than Keenum?

Keenum. There is no reason to go back to Schaub.

I agree ..... That was easily the best performance by a Texans QB this season and in damn near a year going back to last season.

They had more big plays in one game , against the leagues best defense than they had all season .... No way Kubiak goes back to Schaub.

I think it's up in the air right now unless I missed an official statement by somebody from the Texans organization. I was almost sure that Kubiak would start Schaub as soon as the game was over, until I remembered something. Kubiak and Smith like to screw with injury reports, the IR list, and the reporting of injuries. I believe there is a possibility that Schaub doesn't "heal up" enough to start at the Colts, and Kubiak decides to use the bye week to cram as much as he can into Keenum's head (Son of a coach and all). Schaub knows the system, he can come in off of not practicing and you're going to get pretty much what Schaub has to offer.

I'm sure this question will be asked at the press conference today, so my little "scenario" can easily be dis-proven rather quickly. So I went with what I believed would be better for the Texans and voted Keenum.

I think it's up in the air right now unless I missed an official statement by somebody from the Texans organization. I was almost sure that Kubiak would start Schaub as soon as the game was over, until I remembered something. Kubiak and Smith like to screw with injury reports, the IR list, and the reporting of injuries. I believe there is a possibility that Schaub doesn't "heal up" enough to start at the Colts, and Kubiak decides to use the bye week to cram as much as he can into Keenum's head (Son of a coach and all). Schaub knows the system, he can come in off of not practicing and you're going to get pretty much what Schaub has to offer.

I'm sure this question will be asked at the press conference today, so my little "scenario" can easily be dis-proven rather quickly. So I went with what I believed would be better for the Texans and voted Keenum.

If the question is asked today at the presser, I guarantee the response will be:

"Well, we'll have to evaluate where Matt is with his recovery. Right now I don't know how far along he'll be, so I can't answer that question."

Now, if he's asked who's going to start if both men are healthy, Kubiak will say:

"Well, we'll have to evaluate them both in practice and make a decision from there."

He's going to avoid that question like Neo going into bullet time to avoid getting shot. He's going to pull some Matrix-esque crap on the press room and be complete non-committal.

Which leads me to believe he'll build a case (no pun) for Schaub.

But this season is lost and the ONLY shot of saving his job rests with Case.

I WANT case to start, but my head says Gary will go back to Matt, who is his doppelganger in mind, spirit, and body. Not a testicle to share between them.

I think it depends on whether or not Schaub still has the locker room. Keenum made some exciting plays, especially the off schedule ones, but it's not like he had the offense running up and down the field. For all of his mobility, he was still sacked 5 times, fumbled twice and gave up the game winning TD.

As beautiful as Keenum's deep ball is, Schaub still gives you the best chance to win on Sunday. He's not going to chuck a pick 6 every week, despite the fan hysteria.

If Schaub doesn't start, It's either because he's lost the team or he's still injured. Keenum looks like the heir apparent at this point.

If Kubiak goes back to hum-drum Schaub, he will absolutely lose that locker room. although he played like a rookie at times, Keenum made the game exciting. He was unshaken, unwavered by a team that has a dominating defense in a stadium that is stoopid loud. Keenum acted like it was no big deal, and to him it probably wasn't. Sometime ignorance is bliss...

Even thought they lost, the offense knows they have something in Keenum and to go back to Run, Run, Check down & punt, you will demoralize the team more than they already are.

You stay with the kid, prepare him for the next 2 week, work on hot routes and blitz protection then come out slinging against the Colts.

I voted Schaub because Kubiak is, well, Kubiak.

What he said.

If I'm going to guess what Kubiak will do, I simply try to think of the best possible choice to make, then go with the opposite. :rake: He's the George Costanza of the Texans.

What he said.

If I'm going to guess what Kubiak will do, I simply try to think of the best possible choice to make, then go with the opposite. :rake: He's the George Costanza of the Texans.

Unfortunately this is very true. :smiliepalm:

But I voted for Keenum just out of hope.

Good post from the Chron.

How do you feel about the game? "I'm really disappointed and frustrated. I thought our team played really hard there towards the end. We put the offense in a position and me in a position to go down and win the game, and we didn't. I didn't make the plays there at the end. You've got to give credit to Kansas City. They've got a heck of a defense, and they did a good job disguising looks and bringing pressure. But our receivers did a great job getting open all afternoon. I just didn't make the throws when I needed to."

Keenum after the game, that's accountability. Hear that Schaub? None of that "we need to play better as a team" garbage you spew after another pick six. Case has more leadership than Schaub and that quote proves it right there.

The seven of you who voted Schaub need to put the crack pipe down. :corrosion:

I want Keenum to start, no doubt about it. I chose Schaub due to the fact Kubiak's the one making the decision. I just have a strong feeling he's going to stick with his boy.

Personally, it would've been great if the Keenum experiment began in week 1. He would've been more seasoned by now and not be getting confused

I think it depends on whether or not Schaub still has the locker room. Keenum made some exciting plays, especially the off schedule ones, but it's not like he had the offense running up and down the field. For all of his mobility, he was still sacked 5 times, fumbled twice and gave up the game winning TD.

As beautiful as Keenum's deep ball is, Schaub still gives you the best chance to win on Sunday. He's not going to chuck a pick 6 every week, despite the fan hysteria.

If Schaub doesn't start, It's either because he's lost the team or he's still injured. Keenum looks like the heir apparent at this point.

Don't know what game you were watching, Keenum did have the offense running up and down the field. Stupid penalties cause several drives Keenum was putting together to stall. Yeah he got sacked 5 times but how many did he avoid that Schaub couldn't have?

With Schaub, it's not just about the pick 6's either, it's about the check downs, about going fetal position when he feels pressure. Keenum was scrambling around, still looking down field to make a play. Schaub moves 3 inches left and throws the ball away or to a TE for 2 yards.

Only way Schaub gives this team a chance to win is by experience alone and experience is not enough in today's NFL to win. Schaub does not have it, has never had it really, and his days are done. Keenum made mistakes, but he also had 1 week and half of the snaps in that week with the first team. Give him time, give him these 2 weeks to go over things, work them out and take on Indy...

Texans will be much better for it...

Don't know what game you were watching, Keenum did have the offense running up and down the field. Stupid penalties cause several drives Keenum was putting together to stall. Yeah he got sacked 5 times but how many did he avoid that Schaub couldn't have?

With Schaub, it's not just about the pick 6's either, it's about the check downs, about going fetal position when he feels pressure. Keenum was scrambling around, still looking down field to make a play. Schaub moves 3 inches left and throws the ball away or to a TE for 2 yards.

Only way Schaub gives this team a chance to win is by experience alone and experience is not enough in today's NFL to win. Schaub does not have it, has never had it really, and his days are done. Keenum made mistakes, but he also had 1 week and half of the snaps in that week with the first team. Give him time, give him these 2 weeks to go over things, work them out and take on Indy...

keenum played well enough for you guys not to have to exaggerate things..

We weren't running up & down the field...Geez...we got into the red zone exactly 1 time....& that was b/c the defense recovered a fumble & got them a short field.

We scored exactly 1 TD & it was just outside the red zone.

He avoided 2 sacks that i know for a fact Schaub would've have likely went fetal on.....

& stupid penalties have been the norm with this team since game 1 of the season...

The glaring issues on offense still remained despite a couple of explosive plays Keenum made.

If the Texans were smart they would put Matt on IR and avoid the questions. Say his injury looks to be worse than originally thought, and they don't want to take a chance on making it worse. The let him sit the rest of the season and release him. If he sees the field again, it will cost Gary his job for sure IMO.

We weren't running up & down the field...Geez...we got into the red zone exactly 1 time....& that was b/c the defense recovered a fumble & got them a short field.

He avoided 2 sacks that i know for a fact Schaub would've have likely went fetal on.....

& stupid penalties have been the norm with this team since game 1 of the season...

The glaring issues on offense still remained despite a couple of explosive plays Keenum made.

It would be nice to see what Case looks like with Arian out there. I'm not saying he would or wouldn't do better, but he basically played the majority of the game without a RB. I think the ability to have Foster as a blocker and safety valve hurt the Texans significantly. It's too soon to tell what we have with Case, but Schaub looks like a defeated man out there.

The Matt/Case situation is rather interesting. I am biased as I do think that Matt still gives us the best chance this year. Going forward if Case continues to develope it his. Multiple things that exist in the Texans offense with Matt or Case

1. Yards - we post a good number often
2. O-Line sucks
3. 3rd down conversions suck
4. We have stupid penalties that stop drives
5. We dont get into the redzone/score tds often enough

Case's mobility/arm will cary him if he improves his awareness. Schaub wouldnt have taken either sack fumble as he would have been on the ground seconds before and we would still have had chances to win. I dont think Matt's pick six run would continue if he came back as it is a stat anomaly

Keenum. Gary is jockeying to save his job and he knows it. He watched the game and knows who gives him the best chance to win and that's Case Keenum.

Keenum starts and will look much sharper after an extra week of work with the ones.

I don't think Gary has much of a choice to go any other direction.

Kubiak's policy is you cannot lose your job to injury. I still voted for keenum because It's who I think should.

According to whom?

Per Travis Johnson, Kubiak tells his players that you can lose your job to injury if your back-up comes in and plays considerably better than you. He says Kubiak used/uses Terrell Davis as an example.

To me the truly depressing part of all of this is that I have not one single doubt that Schaub will be starting against the Colts in two weeks. He's the starter and Gary doesn't take starters jobs away from them due to injury. Gary will ignore the fact that Matt has been atrocious and should have lost his job due to poor play.

Gary doesn't think Matt has played as poorly as we all do. That has been established. He may take a starters job away if their backup steps in and picks it up but he also doesn't have an enormous bromance with most of them like he does Schaub. Matt's coming back, don't kid yourselves.

So we get Matt back and unless he's undergone some kind of incredible transition into a completely different QB he's going to walk on to that field hearing a raging chorus of boos. It's cruel but it is honest and frankly it is what he and Gary should be hearing at this point in the season.

If this game plays out the only way it likely should be able to Indianapolis is going to come into our house and beat the **** out of us. Matt will be a mess and even if Gary pulls him and throws Keenum in there it won't matter. In fact it will be worse because he won't spend these two weeks getting Keenum ready to play the Colts. He'll spend it trying to turn Matt into something he isn't (and probably never was). When he does turn to Keenum he'll put him in a no-win scenario with few or zero first team practice reps and likely behind.

What kills me most about all of this is that you can step back and see clearly exactly how Kubiak is going to **** this up. It's not even challenging anymore. It's not surprising that other teams and professional coaching staffs are a step ahead of him. Casual fans know his schtick by heart at this point.

The only really interesting question is when will Bob McNair work it out for himself. I want to know how much longer I have to watch this dumbass work his "magic".

If the Texans were smart they would put Matt on IR and avoid the questions. Say his injury looks to be worse than originally thought, and they don't want to take a chance on making it worse. The let him sit the rest of the season and release him. If he sees the field again, it will cost Gary his job for sure IMO.

Do not underestimate McNair's love for Kubiak, or Kubiak's ability to make stupid decisions.

If Schaub is healthy, he will start. If Keenum was being groomed to take over the franchise, things would be different.

Unless they pull a Tebow at Denver, and just throw somebody out there who they think will put butts in seats since the season is all but over.

I just highly doubt Gary will go away from his love child. Would it shock you if he started 8? If it would YOU need to lay off the pipe lol.

If Gary goes back to Schaub ..... I'd be very surprised.

I cannot see a scenario where he does put Schaub back out there unless Case is injured. He earned the opportunity by outplaying both guy's in front of him.

I think the seven people who chose Schaub in this poll chose him because they simply think Gary Kubiak is unable to make a rational decision.

I think a lot of you are going to have to eat come crow come November 3rd.

If Gary goes back to Schaub ..... I'd be very surprised.

I cannot see a scenario where he does put Schaub back out there unless Case is injured. He earned the opportunity by outplaying both guy's in front of him.

I think a lot of you are going to have to eat come crow come November 3rd.

Agreed.

how can you go back to schaub with Keenum's skills and the future looks bright? make offensive line adjustments and show keenum how to read complex blitzs and get our running backs and we'll be ready to go. Keenum all the way.

If Schaub is healthy enough to play he will be the starter, but Keenum should start.

Would be very interesting if GK does name MS starting QB.

I think I would like him to just to see the reaction.

I really don't see how he could. Even though I started thread about Kubiak being Insane I don't believe it.

But if he does name MS starter then I will reevaluate my position.

"Still Crazy after all these years"

My opinion on whether Kubiak needs to be fired in the off season rests on this decision. Keenum should start.

Back