Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Who else thinks the Texans are going to crash and burn in 2015

It seems like no one is taking into account the hopeless condition of the offensive line going into this game. And it got worse by the 4th quarter. We ended up with an undrafted rookie out there. How many other teams can win with only two linemen at their normal positions? I'm amazed that it was even a one score loss. Carolina fans shouldn't be too proud of this one.

With the exception of receiver drops, all the problems that we saw today are associated with a compromised offensive line: Low completion percentage, low running play ratio, exhausted and exploited defense.

So I can't blame too much of the loss on play calling and QB performance, but I can blame this organization for having no realistic contingency plan for a Duane Brown injury. You'd think that quality depth was one of the lessons learned after the 2013 disaster. And here we are, before our season even started, the identity of the entire team is fundamentally altered because of one non-QB's fuckin thumb.

I'm with most of that, but what team have you ever seen that passes the ball MORE when they have linemen hurt? It's a hell of a lot easier to run block than trying to keep the QB upright for 3 seconds.

That game was lost in both trenches. The O-line was horrid. Double team JJ and nobody steps up.

I'd have every receiver not named Hopkins spend all day in front of a jugs machine. Watching the tape would be of less benefit.
I might make Mallet spend all day in front of the jugs machine too. Highest speed setting...aimed at his feet.

If this team keeps losing it will be interesting to see how BoB handles it.

The 2-14 team quit on Gary. I think it was in the second Jax game.. But they quit.

If they do the same to BoB, then he and Gary will look even more like the same guy
to me..

Could be

My toes are in the sun. Dog is trying to court anyone on the lake (can a brother buy a dog a beer?).

Bow season starts in 3 weeks.

Really don't care.

Edit: anyone processed a deer at Hudson's? Met the son and seems like a damn nice guy.
OTE]

I'm a dick 99% of the time. Still trying to figure out how this was offensive. U

OTE]

I'm a dick 99% of the time. Still trying to figure out how this was offensive. U
I didn't think it was offensive. More like jealousy. I would rather go deer hunting and getting deer sausage than watch that crap yesterday.

I didn't think it was offensive. More like jealousy. I would rather go deer hunting and getting deer sausage than watch that crap yesterday.

I had no problem watching that game yesterday. I was upset the first half. Deeply involved the second half, all the way to the end. We didn't win... but I don't expect to win every game.

I remember back in 2013, we won the first two games & several of us were upset, we were upset because of the way we played. We didn't look like a 2-0 team & as it turned out, we weren't.

We lost to KC. I didn't think we had a shot to win as soon as I heard Foster was out & Hoyer would start. Yes, that was weeks before the actual game. The only thing that upset me about that game, was that it took that game for OB to see what we saw.

Yesterday... I don't think we played like an 0-2 team. 1-1 maybe. With the way we played yesterday, considering everything involved, we could just as easily win the next 6. We might go 3-3, I wouldn't expect much worse than that.

TB
Atl
Indy
Jax
Miami
Tennessee

We could be 6-2 or 3-5 going into the bye. Then we'll see what's what.

I had no problem watching that game yesterday. I was upset the first half. Deeply involved the second half, all the way to the end. We didn't win... but I don't expect to win every game.

I remember back in 2013, we won the first two games & several of us were upset, we were upset because of the way we played. We didn't look like a 2-0 team & as it turned out, we weren't.

We lost to KC. I didn't think we had a shot to win as soon as I heard Foster was out & Hoyer would start. Yes, that was weeks before the actual game. The only thing that upset me about that game, was that it took that game for OB to see what we saw.

Yesterday... I don't think we played like an 0-2 team. 1-1 maybe. With the way we played yesterday, considering everything involved, we could just as easily win the next 6. We might go 3-3, I wouldn't expect much worse than that.

TB
Atl
Indy
Jax
Miami
Tennessee

I shouldn't have used the word "crap" because I did enjoy the game. What got me the most was letting go players that could have helped us more. Charles James was pretty good in Special teams, but yet in the past 2 games we keep allowing the opponent good field position.

Getting rid of Myers. Not signing Pierre Thomas to a decent contract.

Having Blue out there sucking.

I may skip the next game and focus on having a good weekend instead.

I shouldn't have used the word "crap" because I did enjoy the game. What got me the most was letting go players that could have helped us more. Charles James was pretty good in Special teams, but yet in the past 2 games we keep allowing the opponent good field position.

Getting rid of Myers. Not signing Pierre Thomas to a decent contract.

Having Blue out there sucking.

I may skip the next game and focus on having a good weekend instead.

James was a KR/PR, so not sure how he had an impact on the other teams getting good field position. And for what it is worth, Carolina had 15 possessions and 9 of them started at their own 20 or less. They got the ball past their 38 yard line to start a possession only twice in the game.

But yeah, Blue does suck. Major suckability on his part.

OTE]

You said, and I quote, "Really don't care".

Don't you know fan means fanatic? Don't you know that all rational thought processes should leave your head?

My god man, what were you thinking?

TB
Atl
Indy
Jax
Miami
Tennessee

Even after sleeping on it, I feel the same way I felt yesterday.

Carolina did not even look like a good team yesterday and they were missing 3 key pieces. Plus they made a lot of dumb penalties to help us keep drives alive.

Maybe this will be a wake up call for the team, but yesterday we were pathetic.

I'm not surprised that we're 1-2. I'd have loved to have been 3-0, but when we announced Hoyer would be our starter, & we knew Arian was going to miss at least three weeks, I pretty much knew we weren't going to beat KC & only had a punchers chance (less than 50% unless we land some good blows) to win @ Carolina, against the Bucs. I didn't think we had a chance to beat Atlanta on the road..

So anyway. Hoyer isn't our starter. We've got an idea of what's what & who's who. Assuming Foster isn't back to form before the bye week, I'm going to say...

@Atlanta... most likely don't win
Indy.... win at home
@ Jacksonville... most likely win
@ Miami... most likely win
Tennessee... most likely win

We most likely go into the bye 5-3

I gotta be honest, I'm not as much concerned about whether we win or lose against Atlanta as I am seeing how we compare to them and how we compare to the team we just saw beat the Bucs. I'm pretty sure the Texans aren't going to win in Atlanta and that's not something I'm going to really get upset about. I want to see Mallett and his receivers get a little better together and I want to see that running game keep looking respectable all while the defense keeps it from being a disastrous blow out. Atlanta has their **** together finally and they're hot right now.

I'll be looking for the win but expecting the loss and really just wanting to see progress. If we see progress in Atlanta then I think the next week's game against the Colts will be interesting.

I'll be looking for the win but expecting the loss and really just wanting to see progress.

Bride-escapes-grave3.jpg

But we all knew going into this season, if we're to be successful, the defense has to be elite! The red zone D has to be better.
It's not a question of the D not cuttign the mustard, when the offense f's up and gives the ball to the other guys on their 30...and the D never leaves the field they get bloody exhausted.

You guys are being negative on this board and from I was told yesterday that is not productive on this Texans Nazi board.
How is this thread not locked!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta be honest, I'm not as much concerned about whether we win or lose against Atlanta as I am seeing how we compare to them and how we compare to the team we just saw beat the Bucs. I'm pretty sure the Texans aren't going to win in Atlanta and that's not something I'm going to really get upset about. I want to see Mallett and his receivers get a little better together and I want to see that running game keep looking respectable all while the defense keeps it from being a disastrous blow out. Atlanta has their **** together finally and they're hot right now.

I'll be looking for the win but expecting the loss and really just wanting to see progress. If we see progress in Atlanta then I think the next week's game against the Colts will be interesting.

That's what's wrong with the majority of this entire fan base. This franchise has been in existence since 2002 and we're still looking for improvement. The garbage this franchise continues to trot out on the field year in and year out is inexcusable. Rick Smith needs to be fired and Bill O'Brien needs to be on notice. We shouldn't be looking to merely get better, we should be expecting to compete for championships. After 12 years this has never happened. It's ridiculous those that aren't fed up with this same effort are a part of the problem.

That's what's wrong with the majority of this entire fan base. This franchise has been in existence since 2002 and we're still looking for improvement. The garbage this franchise continues to trot out on the field year in and year out is inexcusable. Rick Smith needs to be fired and Bill O'Brien needs to be on notice. We shouldn't be looking to merely get better, we should be expecting to compete for championships. After 12 years this has never happened. It's ridiculous those that aren't fed up with this same effort are a part of the problem.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for in a conversation is someone to tell me what is wrong with the entire fan base. You nailed it man. Thanks for the insightful analysis of what is wrong with a bunch of people who mostly don't know each other and are all trying to enjoy an entertainment product in their way. I hope there's a ******* Nobel Prize awarded for telling people what they're doing wrong with their leisure time because if there is you're going to win it.

Fans need to be angrier about the product (Wonder if that's part of the Texans game day experience as Bob McNair envisions it?)
Rick Smith needs to be fired
Bill O'Brien needs to be on notice

That about cover it?

I've got one for you to work on. Mridge01 needs to work on trying to enjoy himself more and letting the failings of a football team he has no control over not get under his skin so much. Maybe talk to Thorn about the wonderful effects of mangoes or something.

I follow the Texans for fun. When they're not fun I turn my attention to something else. It's really that simple.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for in a conversation is someone to tell me what is wrong with the entire fan base. You nailed it man. Thanks for the insightful analysis of what is wrong with a bunch of people who mostly don't know each other and are all trying to enjoy an entertainment product in their way. I hope there's a ******* Nobel Prize awarded for telling people what they're doing wrong with their leisure time because if there is you're going to win it.

Fans need to be angrier about the product (Wonder if that's part of the Texans game day experience as Bob McNair envisions it?)
Rick Smith needs to be fired
Bill O'Brien needs to be on notice

That about cover it?

I've got one for you to work on. Mridge01 needs to work on trying to enjoy himself more and letting the failings of a football team he has no control over not get under his skin so much. Maybe talk to Thorn about the wonderful effects of mangoes or something.

I follow the Texans for fun. When they're not fun I turn my attention to something else. It's really that simple.

What's the fun in constant ineptitude? The only thing that gets under my skin is people thinking beating the Bucs, in a game they could have easily lost, is equivalent to winning a playoff game.
But you're right, that's just me.

What's the fun in constant ineptitude? The only thing that gets under my skin is people thinking beating the Bucs, in a game they could have easily lost, is equivalent to winning a playoff game.

I don't see those people but maybe I'm not looking hard enough for something to not be happy about.

Where's my rabbit.....
:bunpan:

I don't comprehend why you aren't getting what previous posters have said about your spiel or agenda, or are you being intentionally obtuse? You aren't offering anything other than an unyielding message that everything sucks, has always sucked, and is always going to suck as long as Bob, Rick, and Bob are allowed to trot this sham of franchise out to play our games and anyone that doesn't agree with you is a moron.

OK I have stopped being a moron... everything sucks! Now what? Do we pool our money until we hit a billion dollars so we can finally run things the right way. (Win now or I'll put every last one of your nuts in a vice!!).

Or do we do what we can as fans with limited funds can do... come to a discussion forum where people have differing opinions and... well... discuss them?

I don't comprehend why you aren't getting what previous posters have said about your spiel or agenda, or are you being intentionally obtuse? You aren't offering anything other than an unyielding message that everything sucks, has always sucked, and is always going to suck as long as Bob, Rick, and Bob are allowed to trot this sham of franchise out to play our games and anyone that doesn't agree with you is a moron.

OK I have stopped being a moron... everything sucks! Now what? Do we pool our money until we hit a billion dollars so we can finally run things the right way. (Win now or I'll put every last one of your nuts in a vice!!).

Or do we do what we can as fans with limited funds can do... come to a discussion forum where people have differing opinions and... well... discuss them?

How about just stop acting like they're supposed to keep taking baby steps in this league. They need to be competing for championships at this point, not striving for a winning season. It's ridiculous.

You guys are being negative on this board and from I was told yesterday that is not productive on this Texans Nazi board.

Texans Nazi board, 'eh?

Well, let me cordially invite you to GTFO if you don't like it here. Just like you can choose to be or not be a Texans fan, you can also exercise your freewill to not post on a "Texans Nazi board".

:BananaWav

How about just stop acting like they're supposed to keep taking baby steps in this league. They need to be competing for championships at this point, not striving for a winning season. It's ridiculous.

If you actually gave us a set of rules on how we are supposed to act, it would really help. Bring solutions man, not problems. Drop some 10 Commandment stuff on us here!

Only in your fevered little mind.

Geez you're like a Boston Terrier with a tennis ball. Two brain cells, one to breathe and one to "get the ball."

Try extending a periscope out of your sphincter and you'll see there are all sorts of opinions around here and very few 'happy, happy, joy, joy' people.

Texans Nazi board, 'eh?

Well, let me cordially invite you to GTFO if you don't like it here. Just like you can choose to be or not be a Texans fan, you can also exercise your freewill to not post on a "Texans Nazi board".

:BananaWav

Nah, now I kinda enjoy getting you guys riled up by offering reality checks. That wasn't my intention initially, but now since y'all are putting me in the position, I'll bite. Y'all are so sensitive. You act like this franchise is something when it has never won anything.

If you actually gave us a set of rules on how we are supposed to act, it would really help. Bring solutions man, not problems. Drop some 10 Commandment stuff on us here!

I tried, but y'all don't want to listen. You just want to drink up the koolaid.

Nah, now I kinda enjoy getting you guys riled up by offering reality checks. That wasn't my intention initially, but now since y'all are putting me in the position, I'll bite. Y'all are so sensitive. You act like this franchise is something when it has never won anything.

Come here with the intent to get 'you guys' riled up rather than be part of the discussion and I'll boot you to the Titans MB.

How's that since you want internet tough guy?

That's what's wrong with the majority of this entire fan base. This franchise has been in existence since 2002 and we're still looking for improvement. The garbage this franchise continues to trot out on the field year in and year out is inexcusable.

It's ridiculous those that aren't fed up with this same effort are a part of the problem.

I think you're 100% right.

& I'm just starting to think that right now. After Bruce Arians whupped our butt with his rookie QB & 2-14 team, we should have chucked Kubiak right then & there & hired him as our HC.

Carson Palmer & Drew Stanton should be our QBs right now. We'd have won the Super Bowl by now, just like they did.

We'd have the Honey Badger instead of that bum Swagg.

We'd be starting 3rd & 4th round picks.

This is BS having to put up with these guys.

Don't get excited over the Texans beating the Bucs at home. They looked like a bad team beating another bad team. One was just made fewer plays than the other.

I don't think anyone was excited. I'm not getting where you're getting that from. Just about everyone said it was an ugly win. Just about everyone said, "It's the Bucs."

We've got several people complaining about how this team played overall in that win.

What is it that makes you think anyone here (& if you can point out a particular poster, that'd be great) is overly excited because we beat the Bucs?

Like I said, you're not listening.

You said don't get excited about the win. Can I be happy that they won? I imagine not because to be happy means I was pleased with their performance, and they sucked but sucked less than TB. If I can't be excited, or happy, then I must be disappointed in the win. Ergo, winning was not a good thing.

Pretty sure I took your statement to it's most logical conclusion.

Back