Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Which off-season moves would you like the Texans to make? (Roster/FA)

Just draft only offensive linemen in the draft and hope to god you can find at least 5 guys that can adequately protect the franchise QB. Is this extreme? Yes. But if you can't find them in free agency, maybe you'll get lucky and find some in the draft. It would be such a Texans thing to do to finally find the franchise QB only to butcher it with crappy offensive linemen.

I posted this before the last draft and am even more convinced this is the route I'd go with for the 2019 draft.

Very possible Kareem Jackson, Kevin Johnson, Mathieu, Hal, Miller and Clowney may be gone. If so, we better hope free agency is better than it has been or draft will be extremely important.

Very possible Kareem Jackson, Kevin Johnson, Mathieu, Hal, Miller and Clowney may be gone. If so, we better hope free agency is better than it has been or draft will be extremely important.

Doesn't matter, the coaching has got to get better before we can expect Dillon Cole & Alfred Blue to make a difference.

hey guys just to clarify my post was directed at one about using picks 2019 on Oline. I think my position on O'Brien is well stated on MB; during last off season I was willing give him bit more time due to what we saw out of Watson 2017. The argument then and still may be was #4 good because he is good or was O'Brien the Guru who gave his QB plays to showcase his skill. Some here told me it didn't matter just fire OB and hope the new guy could be the head coach Watson should have. I stated I didn't want to take the chance of cutting OBrien when he can be fired anytime this season. I saw enough after game one but grumbled to myself, 'ok it was NE let's see what the coach does vs Titans'. I posted that we better stomp them not just get a sloppy win. Well it was slop and a sloppy loss. I don't think a coach has to get you a win 'though that would be sweet---can't remember any of our coaches doing that--but he dang well better not lose one for us either. IMO, that has happened more than a couple during OBrien's tenure. Oline should still get better as they play together after 3 games only as will #4. Yeah Davenport had 4-5 five yard penalties but that can be corrected. IIRC Martin and Rankin had one also and they are second & third rounders from major schools playing major school opponents. Martin was ranked as # 2 center coming out, some had Rankin in first round, others in second. Both should be better. D also had a hold call heck he tackled the guy but the Giant didn't touch #4. I'm not going over top to defend D but use realistic criteria and evaluation not just emotion. Yes O'line could and may still yet get Watson crunked but Watson's errors can get him crunked. Even worse than those two pleasant thoughts, OBrien could get Watson crunked. That's really, really bad. Fire OB but better have a better one ready to go.

hey guys just to clarify my post was directed at one about using picks 2019 on Oline. I think my position on O'Brien is well stated on MB; during last off season I was willing give him bit more time due to what we saw out of Watson 2017. The argument then and still may be was #4 good because he is good or was O'Brien the Guru who gave his QB plays to showcase his skill. Some here told me it didn't matter just fire OB and hope the new guy could be the head coach Watson should have. I stated I didn't want to take the chance of cutting OBrien when he can be fired anytime this season. I saw enough after game one but grumbled to myself, 'ok it was NE let's see what the coach does vs Titans'. I posted that we better stomp them not just get a sloppy win. Well it was slop and a sloppy loss. I don't think a coach has to get you a win 'though that would be sweet---can't remember any of our coaches doing that--but he dang well better not lose one for us either. IMO, that has happened more than a couple during OBrien's tenure. Oline should still get better as they play together after 3 games only as will #4. Yeah Davenport had 4-5 five yard penalties but that can be corrected. IIRC Martin and Rankin had one also and they are second & third rounders from major schools playing major school opponents. Martin was ranked as # 2 center coming out, some had Rankin in first round, others in second. Both should be better. D also had a hold call heck he tackled the guy but the Giant didn't touch #4. I'm not going over top to defend D but use realistic criteria and evaluation not just emotion. Yes O'line could and may still yet get Watson crunked but Watson's errors can get him crunked. Even worse than those two pleasant thoughts, OBrien could get Watson crunked. That's really, really bad. Fire OB but better have a better one ready to go.

Agreed, but Davenport sucks. I watched him intently today. When he wasn't having false starts, he was getting holding calls or his a** beat on a regular basis. You can blame it on playing RT, but he sucked, (Cost Henderson this yr) playing LT. His suckitude cost the Texans a win today. Just flat out pathetic performance today regardless of whatever excuses you want to make. They could've overcome Watson's suckiness if Davenport didn't suck worse.

I’d like to able to just look at the o-line but with this likely being Joseph’s. KJ moving to Safety and Kevin Johnson being a bust, going the route of Fido, the Texans have multiple areas of concern.

This season the Texans maybe should start the complete rebuilding process McNair has been so reluctant to do over the last 5 years. Make some painful trades, build the team around Watson and install all new coaches.

I thought this would be a .500 team, even that may have been an overestimated prediction.

I’d like to able to just look at the o-line but with this likely being Joseph’s. KJ moving to Safety and Kevin Johnson being a bust, going the route of Fido, the Texans have multiple areas of concern.

This season the Texans maybe should start the complete rebuilding process McNair has been so reluctant to do over the last 5 years. Make some painful trades, build the team around Watson and install all new coaches.

I thought this would be a .500 team, even that may have been an overestimated prediction.
this my concern also. I'm not ready to trade Watt based on his game today but would listen to offers on Clowney, Mercilus, Lamar Miller, Covington, Cunningham and Kareem Jackson.

this my concern also. I'm not ready to trade Watt based on his game today but would listen to offers on Clowney, Mercilus, Lamar Miller, Covington, Cunningham and Kareem Jackson.

I would listen to offers for anyone not named Watson and perhaps Reid and Reader

Well depending on how the season goes ...like if can only win like 2 games then I say FIre or trade everybody cept Watson like from the GM to all the coaches under him

and I guess has crazy has this sounds bring back RIck SMith or some other GM if u can think of a good one

has far has players I think it will be obvious with the tale of the tape at the end of the season

I guess ill say not even JJ watt might not be save if we can trade him and get some value on him then ...I guess we will have to think about it

dupe

Back