Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Where is the Texan VS Titan thread

I think we have handle Big Time rushers in the past. I will be surprised if Henry gets more than a hundred yards against us. it is the rest of the Titan team that concerns me but even more it is entire Texans roster that makes me shudder. We beat us.
Really? Earlier in the year when they still had JJ they were good against the run, but lately, not so much. 145 to the Patriots, 104 to Gus Edwards and 112 to Marlon Mack's backup, just in the last 4 games.

That said, we did win 2 of those 3 games, but the 4th game where we kept Lindsay in check, we got obliterated.

Much like the offense, the D is just as inconsistent.

Like when Vrabel beat OB in his rookie year as HC?

Its just that the Titans are rally hot right now. Their D is decent, and their offense has a very consistent running game that is setting up the play action really well for Tannehill. I'm not sure if Tannehill can drag this into next season, but I think he's going to stay hot for the rest of the year. The team is just flowing right now. If I'm right, the Titans could become a very interesting playoff team that could have the potential to upset any team. I hope I'm wrong though.

Really? Earlier in the year when they still had JJ they were good against the run, but lately, not so much. 145 to the Patriots, 104 to Gus Edwards and 112 to Marlon Mack's backup, just in the last 4 games.

That said, we did win 2 of those 3 games, but the 4th game where we kept Lindsay in check, we got obliterated.

Much like the offense, the D is just as inconsistent.
Rushers have not won the game in any of those that you mentioned in my opinion. So we did handle the rush. As you know a lot of yardage either by air or on the ground is not necessarily impacting the game. I am more interested in yardage by Henry leading to touchdowns. If he has 200 yards and they get 0 points I could care less. I agree the defense has to be better but our offense has got to score some points. 0-0 doesn't get you a win.

Rushers have not won the game in any of those that you mentioned in my opinion. So we did handle the rush. As you know a lot of yardage either by air or on the ground is not necessarily impacting the game. I am more interested in yardage by Henry leading to touchdowns. If he has 200 yards and they get 0 points I could care less. I agree the defense has to be better but our offense has got to score some points. 0-0 doesn't get you a win.

Totally agree with you. Yards don't mean a thing if we can't score.

Also, Henry is not 100% (just like last week when he went for 100 yds and 2 td's, but that was the Raiders run D though so can't really go by that). He is painting six this year pretty consistently when we're in the Red zone.

Tanne is the factor you guys haven't faced in a while. Not saying he's the second coming (he maybe our 2nd coming though), but he is hot right now and the "O" is feeding off it. Think he had 10 different receivers last week, and although we don't have DH or WF we do have a pretty decent WR core now (again something that you guys haven't really had to worry about before). Side note: AJ Brown is looking like he'll give you guys fits for years to come. Arguably the best rookie WR this year. Well. now that he has a real QB throwing to him and not noodle arm deer in the headlights Mary.

Guess what I'm saying is right now this Titans offense is probably the most balanced that the current Texans have seen.

Should make for a great game!

Cheers

Also, Henry is not 100% (just like last week when he went for 100 yds and 2 td's, but that was the Raiders run D though so can't really go by that). He is painting six this year pretty consistently when we're in the Red zone.

Tanne is the factor you guys haven't faced in a while. Not saying he's the second coming (he maybe our 2nd coming though), but he is hot right now and the "O" is feeding off it. Think he had 10 different receivers last week, and although we don't have DH or WF we do have a pretty decent WR core now (again something that you guys haven't really had to worry about before). Side note: AJ Brown is looking like he'll give you guys fits for years to come. Arguably the best rookie WR this year. Well. now that he has a real QB throwing to him and not noodle arm deer in the headlights Mary.

Guess what I'm saying is right now this Titans offense is probably the most balanced that the current Texans have seen.

Cheers
Your ScreenName is very apt. :swatter::)

I have to agree that the Titans receiving corp is the deepest and most talented I’ve seen in awhile.

Your ScreenName is very apt. :swatter::)

I have to agree that the Titans receiving corp is the deepest and most talented I’ve seen in awhile.

Cheers
You can reply by p.m. if you want, but do you agree that you need in the 2020 draft an Edge rusher? I could see that with either defensive line or outside linebacker or also you could use a another corner. I would select with your first-round a defensive end Edge rusher second-round cornerback and third round olb and you guys would be set

You can reply by p.m. if you want, but do you agree that you need in the 2020 draft an Edge rusher? I could see that with either defensive line or outside linebacker or also you could use a another corner. I would select with your first-round a defensive end Edge rusher second-round cornerback and third round olb and you guys would be set

Totally need an edge guy. Landry has come along, but adding a guy opposite him is a must. Wake was a good idea just didn't pan out as well as I think they wanted (I do think he was partially brought in to school Landry so...maybe not as bad as it appears). And yes, another young OLB would really help.

Ryan is most likely gone to the highest bidder and I don't see it being us.

It's all contingent on how contracts go. With Tanne, Henry, and Conklin all needing contracts it leaves the draft "up in the air". But if things play right with those guys we could focus on solidifying the D with the draft.

I'm just as interested to see what you guys do with your D in the off season. It's the one D in our division that made me sick just thinking about anytime we met.

Not so much going into these next two games...not trying to be a jerk just honest and everyone will probably have a career game now that I said that.

I'm just as interested to see what you guys do with your D in the off season. It's the one D in our division that made me sick just thinking about anytime we met.

Not so much going into these next two games...not trying to be a jerk just honest and everyone will probably have a career game now that I said that.
IMO, it depends how our corners Johnson, Conley and Hargreaves do the rest of the season. The olb we got in trade from Seattle Jacob Martin has really surprised me. It is possible the Texans could go best player available for the first time in their history if I recall correctly. If you are interested in the drafting process you could look in that section of TT as we have some really good analysis and Player information in that forum

You see, the Texans have done it to me again. I promise I tried to be apathetic to this season, go into each game with the "don't get too pumped up" attitude, but here we are. Three games left in the season and this game Sunday is for the AFCS lead. So I have to watch now. I wasn't going to, really I wasn't! So regardless of this outcome on Sunday, I'll have to watch again the next week to see if we can remain in the playoffs. And then of course if the Tacks beat the Saints.....dadgummit, you see......UGH!

Now, Mr. Henry may rush for 250 Sunday. And I'm not sure I can handle getting punked by Tannehill after that prepubescent QB toyed with us last week. It was a few years ago I think that the Texans went out and shat the bed then came back and boat raced the Tacks the next week. O'Brien called one of his best games and we all were praising him for it, maybe not all of us but most of us. Let's hope he has one of those moments this Sunday. For once I'd like to finish the game in this thread and not the drunk thread!

But …. where does that leave us starting the next season ? Right back between the drunk thread and the game day thread.

He already won his SB this year against the Pats.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. Now that the "Super Bowl" has been played, the rest of the games won't matter to O'Brien or Crennel. They won the only game that mattered to them. Let the boys go and have some fun now, and to heck with game prep and actually trying hard to win.

KC will be playing the early game at home against the Chargers......my guess, the Texans should be sitting their starters against the Titans in the afternoon game b/c they'll be the 4 seed. The Texans will need everyone healthy when they host the Bills and playing the starters against the Titans in a meaningless game would be unwise....not to mention the Titans play far too dirty for my liking. If the Texan get past the Bills, the Ravens will be waiting for them in Baltimore. It's going to be a very tough playoff road.

Reactions: ROO
KC will be playing the early game at home against the Chargers......my guess, the Texans should be sitting their starters against the Titans in the afternoon game b/c they'll be the 4 seed.

That decision has already been made and announced, it's old news now

Would you play Mahomes in a meaningless game?

Mahomes has to play b/c if they were to lose......Texans game just became as real as real gets. Hosting Pittsburgh and playing in New England looks far better than hosting the Bills and playing in Baltimore.

Back