Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

When does C.J. throw his first NFL interception?

When does C.J. throw his 1st NFL interception?

• @ Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @ Bengals

• vs. Cardinals

• After Thanksgiving

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s hard to say. Cj has a beautiful spiral and puts a lot of zip on the ball making it harder for dbs to catch. I watched some of the throws yesterday and was in awe at how effortless his throwing motion looks. Sometimes he throws it low or out of bounds to prevent a int. He’s a mvp candidate tbh his accuracy reminds me of Rodgers

I voted never. In all reality, probably soon. He's already had a few dropped that should have been intercepted. This particular stat I'm not worried about, CJ takes unusual care with his passes. He hasn't thrown one so far, because most of the time he either throws it to low for anyone to catch, or he's right on target.

I thought it was going to be against the Steelers given through 3 weeks they were looking like a top 3 defense and our o-line was so ridiculously banged up. Plus just the simple mathematical odds of throwing as much as he has without a single pick. It has nothing to do with his ability (which is obviously amazing) but just the odds that at some point maybe even something weird and out of CJ's control happens like a receiver drops it and it lands in a defender's hands.

That all being said I actually think the unity that Demeco and CJ have now created within this team that CJ's first pick can actually rally the team - for the better. CJ has been fighting for them and I think when he throws his first INT we'll see a big burst of energy from the players to fight for him when he has some adversity.

CJ's story about throwing an INT in camp and how it made him feel like he let him team down was powerful. This kid does not have a me-first ego. He's all about his team, and I think he perceives protecting the ball as a matter of utmost importance for his teammates.

For what it is worth PFF tracks turnover worthy plays by a QB, name is pretty self explanatory just throws by a QB that should have been intercepted.

CJ Stroud has the 8th lowest (8th best) turnover worthy play percentage

It's gonna happen, hell the safety (Jessie Bates) we play next Sunday picked Bryce Young off twice in week 1 so very well could be this week.

But I thought the first INT would happen yesterday and it didn't so hell yeah!

I don’t think he will throw an interception.

The receiver will fail to catch a catchable ball, it will then get deflected into the air, and the CB will catch it.

Stroud then will tell the WR to shake it off and get the next one.

It will count as an interception, but people will know the truth.

Texans will proceed to win game.

The same Steelers we beat last week just beat the Ravens. We should have kept the same OL. lol
Played Steeler D. Tomlin is great coach. A new GM could shed a lot of cap, overspent on both Tunsil and Howard. Great coaching/scheme can overcome deficiencies, draft and add premium edge opposite Will 👍

Last edited:
I get that you want to take care of the ball but look back and the best QBs throw 2 - 4% of their passes for interceptions. If you're not throwing an occasional interception you are probably leaving some chances on the field.

You don't want him throwing multiple in a game but I want him taking a couple of extra chances a game.

Thoughts?

I get that you want to take care of the ball but look back and the best QBs throw 2 - 4% of their passes for interceptions. If you're not throwing an occasional interception you are probably leaving some chances on the field.

You don't want him throwing multiple in a game but I want him taking a couple of extra chances a game.

Thoughts?

I've watched every snap he's taken as a Texan and I can tell you that he has definitely thrown the ball into some tight spaces. He is playing aggressive.

Matt Schaub? Is that you?

If my wife and I were to ever decide to have kids, I have no doubt they would get in fights..... doesn't mean I want to encourage people to kick me in the man berries just so I can think myself a better parent getting my child ready before even conception.

CJ has gotten lucky, he has made bad decisions here and there.... it will happen eventually no need to rush it.

CJ has gotten lucky, he has made bad decisions here and there.... it will happen eventually no need to rush it.

There's certainly a bit of luck involved but I don't believe CJ has actually thrown a horrible pass that SHOULD have been intercepted. Where he has been fortunate is on some incompletions that sometimes get batted around and end up in the hands of a defender.

There's certainly a bit of luck involved but I don't believe CJ has actually thrown a horrible pass that SHOULD have been intercepted. Where he has been fortunate is on some incompletions that sometimes get batted around and end up in the hands of a defender.
A defender dropped one of his passes today. Should have been an INT. It was a bad pass to where the defender was able to slide right by I believe it was Woods and then nearly pick it.

He threw one yesterday that Bates had 2 hands on. That one was a bad pass that should've been intercepted. A case of a veteran ball hawk baiting a rookie.

Back