Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What type fan are you 2022?

What type Texan fan are you?

• Texans ..who?

• Well, we are nowhere again.

• Man, it's 2022 and I cannot wait for game one!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Porky

Hall of Fame
There is a type of camaraderie among forum members that keeps many of us coming back.

yeah, we all share a common interest in an entertainment medium, but ultimately, it's the conversations and shared ups & downs of being fans that keep us active.

A lot of folks here do not disagree with you. The Texans are a dumpster fire, Watson is a diva, and Cal is a halfwit. The Texans might never amount to much. Who knows?

So it's not some kind of deep faith or belief in the Houston Texans that keeps us going. It's really simple what does: love for pro football and friendship. :friends:
I respect that, and do miss some of the comradery but I just can't...with this team anymore. I wish you all best wishes and lots of luck. And I may continue to drop by here or there but I severed the emotional bond to this team, and as mentioned the last straw was the total mishandling of Watson. When something that should be fun becomes nothing but consistent aggravation and stress, and is no longer fun....it's time to sever ties.

I don't see myself ever being a Texans fan again...unless Cal sells the team AND the Preacher is gone. I'll be dead first most likely!

Texian

Hall of Fame
I respect that, and do miss some of the comradery but I just can't...with this team anymore. I wish you all best wishes and lots of luck. And I may continue to drop by here or there but I severed the emotional bond to this team, and as mentioned the last straw was the total mishandling of Watson. When something that should be fun becomes nothing but consistent aggravation and stress, and is no longer fun....it's time to sever ties.

I don't see myself ever being a Texans fan again...unless Cal sells the team AND the Preacher is gone. I'll be dead first most likely!
You'll be back more than you know.....everyone loves watching a train wreck. :)

austins23

Hall of Fame
Since you asked, the victory was tainted by the BBQ sandwich I ordered at the game. They brought it without BBQ sauce. Who eats a BBQ sandwich without BBQ sauce? Is no sauce a COVID thing? I didn't say anything because I was so stunned.
Tell you what else, the lines for concessions were LONG! And that’s because the stadium wasn’t even full. Took me forever to walk from section 540 to the north end zone at halftime. Can’t imagine the crowds if this team starts winning and gets fans back. They need to get that worked out

badboy

Hall of Fame
Tell you what else, the lines for concessions were LONG! And that’s because the stadium wasn’t even full. Took me forever to walk from section 540 to the north end zone at halftime. Can’t imagine the crowds if this team starts winning and gets fans back. They need to get that worked out
You are being impacted just not as much by the win. Hopefully they can get the crowded lines corrected before people start showing back up in larger numbers.

austins23

Hall of Fame
You are being impacted just not as much by the win. Hopefully they can get the crowded lines corrected before people start showing back up in larger numbers.
Hopefully, it was bad. Buddy of mine waited 20 minutes in line trying to get something for his kid. I don’t buy food at the stadium, I just feel bad for the folks that do. It shouldn’t take that long for stuff that’s already made, most of it anyway. I buy my 3 beers from the beer guy, no lines.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Anything changed with a win?
Not necessarily because of the win. It only reinforced what I already believed. We're not the only bad team in the NFL.

Give a bad team the #1 draft pick & a bunch of FA dollars, then all you've got is a bad team with the #1 draft pick & a bunch of FA dollars.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I think this still sums me up. This may be the worst team in the league--most of the pundits seem to think so--but I've got hope that Culley, Caserio, and Smith will be able to put something on the field that's at least mediocre. I'm not expecting this to be a modern-day fun-to-watch shoot-out team. I expect us to go old school and try to turn every game into a slugfest to try to grind out wins. And I'm OK with that. I don't need a bunch of pretty wins, as long as we get some wins.
I'm still in the same mental state. I'm not expecting this team to be the worst team in the league, but I don't think it's going to be in playoff contention, either.

I wasn't expecting 37 points against the Jags, though.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Anything changed with a win?
At least they won't be an 0-17 team? idonno:

I liked that they came out ready to play, and I saw something in Culley that is a nice change from the O'Brien attitude we endured for several years.

I'm a long-haul fan, so any perspective I mumble about a single game, season, or even front office is just part of being a fan until I die. You take the good with the bad, and that means there will be ups and downs and highs and lows. Folks just seem to focus on your lows and then hold you to it, but that's human nature, I guess.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I saw something in Culley that is a nice change from the O'Brien attitude we endured for several years.
Not being satisfied up 20-7 and allowing his offense to try to score with less than a minute left in the half is different than O'Brien, and every other HC we've seen on the Texans sideline. Some of that Andy Reid influence was showing with Culley.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Not being satisfied up 20-7 and allowing his offense to try to score with less than a minute left in the half is different than O'Brien, and every other HC we've seen on the Texans sideline. Some of that Andy Reid influence was showing with Culley.
I noticed that as well. I hate it when a team tries to sit on a lead. Unless there's like only two minutes left and you've got a 21 point lead, you need to be trying to score more points.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
QFT... our past coaches would try to run the clock out with 6 minutes left in the half.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Nailed it. He's got a very 'awe shucks' sort of demeanor in press conferences, but I saw a fire in his eyes on the sideline. I didn't know what to expect, and that was great to see.

And I like that he's clearly being a HC with his attention fully in the game, not buried in a Denny's menu while the other half of the game is being run by another coordinator. I don't fault guys like Reid that do it, but our last two head coaches were basically the OCs in HC form and this is a nice change.

And it was great to see how truly excited the players were for getting Culley's first win. You can tell they really like and respect him.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
At least they won't be an 0-17 team? idonno:

I liked that they came out ready to play, and I saw something in Culley that is a nice change from the O'Brien attitude we endured for several years.

I'm a long-haul fan, so any perspective I mumble about a single game, season, or even front office is just part of being a fan until I die. You take the good with the bad, and that means there will be ups and downs and highs and lows. Folks just seem to focus on your lows and then hold you to it, but that's human nature, I guess.
Well said.

But that not being 0-17 is pretty nice.

I didn’t watch a game last year because of 51-7. Didn’t want to watch the train wreck any more.

However, Culley made the game entertaining and fun again.

I will try to watch this Sunday’s game.

I want to see if Culley can get his team to play again or did we just win our Super Bowl?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Well said.

But that not being 0-17 is pretty nice.

I didn’t watch a game last year because of 51-7. Didn’t want to watch the train wreck any more.

However, Culley made the game entertaining and fun again.

I will try to watch this Sunday’s game.

I want to see if Culley can get his team to play again or did we just win our Super Bowl?
Last year was a tough watch, especially after 51-7.

Culley brings a sort of optimistic vibe about him. I've been reserved about him during the off-season, because it's tough to tell how a first time HC will act.

I like the guy's personality, but I had to see him as a HC-in-action before really starting to analyze him. And he's clearly in this to win, regardless of the front office or the talent they put on the team. Obviously, it'll all ultimately matter for him to succeed long term, but at least I don't have a gut-level dislike of the man like I developed with O'Brien.

I was just playing around about a superb owl on Sunday. I think this team can win at least few more games if they can stay consistent and take care of the little things. Sometimes a team can rise above its talent level by playing like an actual team. Lord knows we've seen rosters full of talent on Houston teams that under-achieved. Maybe this group ends up over-achieving beyond its talent.

After this screwed-up offseason, I half expected a flat team to run out on the field and just go through the motions. I did not see any of that on Sunday. They came to play hard.

Did you see him arguing with the ref about Collins’ OPI?
yeah, he was fired up! I honestly didn't know what to expect since he's such a nice guy, but at the end of the day, he's still a football coach that wants to compete and win.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
After this screwed-up offseason, I half expected a flat team to run out on the field and just go through the motions. I did not see any of that on Sunday. They came to play hard.
I expected to see the what the Jags did. Multiple illegal formations & shifts, an offensive game plan with no cohesive thread.... just throw it around & see what happened.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I am the same fan i was before the win. My love of the game doesn't ebb and flow with the Texans. I love football & tho i root for my home team to win, im realistic in what i expect from them. But the fact is for me, i'm watching on Thursdays whoever plays, I'm watching Mondays whoever plays & on Sunday's i'm watching all the games. Texans at 12, the evening fox game at 3 pm and then the Sunday night game. In between all that, i'm watching NFL network game highlights & commentary from around the league.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I am the same fan i was before the win. My love of the game doesn't ebb and flow with the Texans. I love football & tho i root for my home team to win, im realistic in what i expect from them. But the fact is for me, i'm watching on Thursdays whoever plays, I'm watching Mondays whoever plays & on Sunday's i'm watching all the games. Texans at 12, the evening fox game at 3 pm and then the Sunday night game. In between all that, i'm watching NFL network game highlights & commentary from around the league.
Yep, as an NFL fan this is the best time of year. My enjoyment of the NFL in general is not influenced by the local team.

And not gonna' lie, I'm loving the idea of week 1 in the books but we still have a 16 game schedule ahead of us.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Nailed it. He's got a very 'awe shucks' sort of demeanor in press conferences, but I saw a fire in his eyes on the sideline. I didn't know what to expect, and that was great to see.

And I like that he's clearly being a HC with his attention fully in the game, not buried in a Denny's menu while the other half of the game is being run by another coordinator. I don't fault guys like Reid that do it, but our last two head coaches were basically the OCs in HC form and this is a nice change.

And it was great to see how truly excited the players were for getting Culley's first win. You can tell they really like and respect him.
I wonder if Cully will get an extension this week?

badboy

Hall of Fame
I ebb and flow with stupidity. Hopefully that coach took it with him although I don't want to see him screw up Alabama.

Last edited:

Dejaview

All Pro
DC isn’t hard to figure out and I’ve liked him since day 1. He doesn’t have an aw shucks attitude. He is just that humble. People as humble as him usually are comfortable with themselves and are very confident and focused. He started his first day and has never changed talking about fundamental football. He hates mistakes. As he‘s said, ball security is job security and I’m sure he means it and his players know it. i Also like how he loves his players but he isn’t trying to be their BFF. As any good manager does in any profession he keeps a professional separation from his players which reinforces his message. Reading that clip someone posted earlier regarding his college football days, he really seems to be a perfect HC for TT. He’s more outgoing than TT but their personalities seem similar to me. I’m glad NC saw his upside.

badboy

Hall of Fame
If Taylor remains healthy and even slightly better as he improved from his return to beating Titans, can Texans beat Jets? A good victory over NYJ and then upset Colts as they did Tennessee would put them in good place. Seattle in 3 weeks as a W is strongly possible as Seahawks have 2 losses in a row coming up on WFT who have beat TB and Panthers back to back. 3 wins then up against Jags could make this season a bit more interesting.

Tunsil could be back but I wouldn't play him unless Christian getting QB killed and he didn't give up a sack Sunday & neither did others against a good defense.

I don't want to get too excited but a healthier TT with more confidence in his line and perhaps even Burkett?

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
If Taylor remains healthy and even slightly better as he improved from his return to beating Titans, can Texans beat Jets? A good victory over NYJ and then upset Colts as they did Tennessee would put them in good place. Seattle in 3 weeks as a W is strongly possible as Seahawks have 2 losses in a row coming up on WFT who have beat TB and Panthers back to back. 3 wins then up against Jags could make this season a bit more interesting.

Tunsil could be back but I wouldn't play him unless Christian getting QB killed and he didn't give up a sack Sunday & neither did others against a good defense.

I don't want to get too excited but a healthier TT with more confidence in his line and perhaps even Burkett?
Colts are rolling, we get blown out there. I can see if TT plays better like he did early in the season and before the rain, we can beat the Jets and Seattle, but this team is just developing players and seeing what vets make sense to keep to lead the new stable coming in. The team still plays hard, and the defense when given some breaks by the offense is looking better coached. The offensive scheme and coaching needs an overhaul along with talent infusion, defense could get next level with talent. So I can see how next year could be a fun year to watch strides, but I have no dreams of being a contender until 2023 minimum

Dejaview

All Pro
I’m a fan in 2022 just as I am in 2021. I find it interesting to see this team playing hard despite the big purge. Anyone really expect any more this year? I’ve disliked most of our roster for some time now…too soft. This team is easy to jump on now but IMO only a buffoon does so every day all day long. Cant wait to see pieces being added through the draft next year. We’ve lost late round draft capital. BooHoo. We may have found a keeper in Morrissey. Got a free seventh rounder by him. There is more ways than one to increase “draft capital” if open thought is allowed. I like this coaching staff for the most part. Would like to know more about TKelly. He’s shown some innovation but unless he’s more consistent I wouldn’t complain if he’s elsewhere next year. So 2022…yep I’m a fan. DW and his behind the scenes freak show should be gone. I also detect a change in attitude with this team vs prior OB years. It’s going in the right direction but culture change doesn’t happen with the snap of the fingers. Stay the course.

banned1976

sleeper mode
2 wins baby! Any changes on earlier thoughts per thread topic?
We gonna win out rest of season ? :shades::user:
No and no.

2022 is (probably) going to be rough from a fan's perspective as the roster turnover continues. And there's no guarantee the changes will make the team better. It's somewhat expected to be better because of a full allotment of picks in 2022, but who knows? Also, with every win this year the chances of Kelly and Culley being replaced dwindles. I don't think that's a good thing (Kelly and Culley returning in 2022).

I recently started a job that has me working over the weekends. I won't see another game this year and I'm not at all bothered by that.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
For the record, we play the Colts at home.
Thanks, we still get blown out. I think they take the division and are a hard out if Leonard stays healthy (ankle) on defense and they keep running the ball like they have been keeping Wentz to just do enough to convert now and then. Winning formula and Titans are a mash squad. We have a physical division so aligned with all those saying go hard in OL and DL next years. Need some big nasties, and some second level guys, and a real QB, and a RB, and... Damn, long ways to go

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I'm still where I was at. I don't think this is the worst team in the league.

I think if we'd have had a healthy Tyrod Taylor that we wouldn't have had an 8 game losing streak. But that's what you get with Tyrod Taylor.

I expect us to win one or two more games the rest of the season, but I'm hoping for more. I don't expect Tyrod Taylor to play all of the rest of our games because of injuries.

I don't hate this coaching staff, but I wouldn't shed a tear if the offensive coaches were purged in the offseason.

That said, I've watched every game start to finish and I'll continue to watch them start to finish.

And then, for the first time in a few years, I'm going to be interested in the draft.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

So for the record, if healthy you wouldn't play the only pro bowl OL or DL on the team?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Refreshing This Thread as we should have the new head coach soon. Any changes in your previous thoughts or new ones?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Re-up:

Watson trade, FA signings and Tunsil reworked. Your position changed or are you now willing to voice opinion?

heymak

"I know nothing!"
I'm the type of fan that will be watching the condensed version of the games on YouTube. Still following, but on my schedule.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Re-up:

Watson trade, FA signings and Tunsil reworked. Your position changed or are you now willing to voice opinion?
Yes, my position has changed. I'm much more interested. Hopefully it stays that way after the draft. After every draft O'Brien was a part of I felt largely uninspired, and confused, honestly. I think the Warring pick nearly broke me.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Re-up:

sigh… I’m now one of “those fans” not expecting any relief any time soon. I might pay real money for the Redzone channel