Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What type fan are you 2022?

What type Texan fan are you?

• Texans ..who?

• Well, we are nowhere again.

• Man, it's 2022 and I cannot wait for game one!

Results are only viewable after voting.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Being a Oilers / Texans fan is like being Rocky.......get the living shite beat out of you but you know the musical score will eventually kick in and Rocky will start landing those damaging punches. I've been waiting for the "Eye of the Tiger" and every time the song starts someone kicks the player and it skips and starts over......one day, that song is going to play through.

Last edited:

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
I'm still not over the D-Hop trade. And there's still too many people in the organization that were in on that deal. Everything that's happened since then has only pissed me off more.

This season, I'm taking a vacation from bad football and bad soap operas. I'll watch the Texans the same way I watch the Rockets....on the smallest TV in the house with the volume all the way down.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Has anything changed for you on the thread?
I imagine it will by September, when the "autumn wind becomes a pirate blustering in from sea" (respect to John Facenda). Man, I miss those old epic NFL Films clips.

Old habits die hard, and ultimately, we still want to be entertained when the sun starts to go down earlier and earlier.

I will be curious to see what the new & improved Houston Texans look like in 2021, especially after a full off-season of real life As The World Turns.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Not at all

I dont let turds affect my fandom.

In fact I will be more of a fan than ever after Caserio gets through taking out the trash.

Of course I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back of the jersey. Speaking of this, has anybody heard from Clemson Trash Texan?
A little ironic that Texian laughed at this post, considering he vanished when DW4 was tearing up the league....kettle meet pot.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Not at all

I dont let turds affect my fandom.

In fact I will be more of a fan than ever after Caserio gets through taking out the trash.

Of course I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back of the jersey. Speaking of this, has anybody heard from Clemson Trash Texan?
He has not been here since February 19. I doubt we ever see him again around these parts again. That was a quick three month membership. :worm:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
He has not been here since February 19. I doubt we ever see him again around these parts again. That was a quick three month membership. :worm:
I hope to see him posting again.

Only for my own entertainment value.

Funny thing is I tried to tell him about the Clemson guys and got beat up pretty bad because of my stance. Now he wont ever come back around these parts to face the music. This is how a coward acts.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
I hope to see him posting again.

Only for my own entertainment value.

Funny thing is I tried to tell him about the Clemson guys and got beat up pretty bad because of my stance. Now he wont ever come back around these parts to face the music. This is how a coward acts.
To be fair, I prayed for him to leave. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Approximately another month has passed with quite a bit happening. Many fans and Talking Heads seem to have changed their mind concerning Caserio, Watson and easterby.

Have you?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
At this point, I'll just be a patient fan with low expectations until the 2022 season.

I'll start to be more optimistic once they move the QB for draft capital.

In Caserio I trust, for better or for worse. Cal & Jack can still go suck eggs as far as I'm concerned.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Approximately another month has passed with quite a bit happening. Many fans and Talking Heads seem to have changed their mind concerning Caserio, Watson and easterby.

Have you?
My position has not changed concerning the Pastor. Don't know if it really ever will.

As far as Watson is concerned, I'm already resigned to the fact that we'll be in QB purgatory again for who knows how long.

Caserio? I'm personally giving him a mulligan for this season. I truly believe we won't really get to see what he's about until he actually has something to work with. Sucks that he's got to search for a QB though.

House of Pain

Wild Speculator
Probably the same I've been since 2020. The BoB era let me know that management had no clue what they were doing and ownership is guilty until they prove me wrong. I wasn't excited about watching a substandard team with the same issues that never get addressed. Then they turned the game of football into a political event and that killed the thrill, excitement and love of the game for me. I am no longer emotionally invested in the Texans. My family and I still split the season tickets and will hold our PSLs, but now it's something that is an afterthough and I don't go out of my way to watch. I still love tailgating and being in the parking lot over at NRG, especially on a beautiful day. Still love my Texans fans and Houstonian brothers and sisters. If they start winning, I would imagine my interest would increase somewhat, but I've checked out. Still want them to win, but don't lose any sleep over it and don't prioritize the games over the people or things that I want to do in my life.
I gave up my season tickets. But I think that maybe just MAYBE Caserio may be the real deal, no clue about the coaching staff. Still too early to tell, but I've seen a lot of things that I like since I made my previous post.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Still plan on watching every game, hoping they win.

I'm not expecting to be watching them play past December though.
Me either but during that time span I will be opening up all my Christmas presents from all the Texans talks posters that I get every year. At least now I have enough Charmin to rap and re -gift those presents with.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Man I’m a hopeful type fan. I’m hoping our team would fight through this adversity and come out strong.

I’m hoping we have a very successful season.

I hope we win the Super Bowl.

Therefore, I will be watching every game with my Texans cup in hand ( hopefully with a strong drink in it) my team gear on and the pit outside smoking with ribs, chicken or whatever meat I feel like cooking that day.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Man I’m a hopeful type fan. I’m hoping our team would fight through this adversity and come out strong.

Therefore, I will be watching every game with my Texans cup in hand ( hopefully with a strong drink in it) my team gear on and the pit outside smoking with ribs, chicken or whatever meat I feel like cooking that day.
rib for me tonight but just cooking in oven. no sides.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

I'm already hungry! lol

Hungry.jpg

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I will be watching and hoping for the best. I doubt I'll be dicussing this pick or that pick and whether this strategy was right or wrong. I'll glance at the forum now and again and look to see if there's any news. Since I'm not local anymore, I don't get NFL information unless I go looking for it. I'll still watch all the games from beginning to end.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
So.......

The logic is for a professional football team to purposefully tank so as to get a specific player on a team that will never make a wise decision because the ownership is a bunch of bungling idiots therefore continuing this vicious cycle of (un)planned suckitude.

Would make some happy I guess.

Texian

Hall of Fame
So.......

The logic is for a professional football team to purposefully tank so as to get a specific player on a team that will never make a wise decision because the ownership is a bunch of bungling idiots therefore continuing this vicious cycle of (un)planned suckitude.

Would make some happy I guess.
What's the alternative?

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
What's the alternative?
For me it’s always play hard and try to win.

Extreme losers tank.

If I was the owners I’d learn from the O’Brien debacle and let my team of general managers and coaches run the team and stay out of those decisions while being vigilant to what is not working and not ever let it implode into where O’Brien took this team.

Giving some time to see if what they are doing is working but not afraid to try something else when it is not.

But never tank.

Texian

Hall of Fame
For me it’s always play hard and try to win.

Extreme losers tank.

If I was the owners I’d learn from the O’Brien debacle and let my team of general managers and coaches run the team and stay out of those decisions while being vigilant to what is not working and not ever let it implode into where O’Brien took this team.

Giving some time to see if what they are doing is working but not afraid to try something else when it is not.

But never tank.
I'm afraid that with Cal running the show the Texans are always going to be a convoluted mess, even more so than when Bob was alive.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Explains why you’re not a Texans fan then.
Contrary to what you believe, your definition of a Texans fan is not the only definition of a Texans fan. What I cheer and hope for is a new TEXANS owner that knows how to win. Until then we will continue to wallow in the mire.

Last edited:

I'll just look for signs that the team is moving in the right direction. If they compete and keep things fairly close in most games I will be happy. A lot of losing teams at least compete and show that they are not that far from turning things around. If DC, the rest of the coaching staff and NC are the real deals, under those circumstances we will know in relatively short order.

Last edited:

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
If you were to grade picante sauce, is there a designation between mild and I don't care? I think that's where I am.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Final preseason game tonight and Watson issues continue. Major roster reboot. Any new thoughts concerning the topic of this thread?

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I will be watching and hoping for the best. I doubt I'll be dicussing this pick or that pick and whether this strategy was right or wrong. I'll glance at the forum now and again and look to see if there's any news. Since I'm not local anymore, I don't get NFL information unless I go looking for it. I'll still watch all the games from beginning to end.
I think this still sums me up. This may be the worst team in the league--most of the pundits seem to think so--but I've got hope that Culley, Caserio, and Smith will be able to put something on the field that's at least mediocre. I'm not expecting this to be a modern-day fun-to-watch shoot-out team. I expect us to go old school and try to turn every game into a slugfest to try to grind out wins. And I'm OK with that. I don't need a bunch of pretty wins, as long as we get some wins.