Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What moves would you make to right this mess?

gafftop

All Pro
Get someone that just handles clock management. Easy fix. BOB can't handle it all. May make a difference of a game or so.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
I wasn't arguing I'm just trying to figure out how a timeout wasn't called last game.

I'm 100% sure Crennel knew to call a timeout
Like so many things we really don't know what happened. Crennel may have come over the radio before the play and said 'on field stop, call TO.' OB sees Watson call TO and so looks to next play. Who knows?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I wasn't arguing I'm just trying to figure out how a timeout wasn't called last game.

I'm 100% sure Crennel knew to call a timeout

As soon as that ball was thrown deep down the middle of the field he should have known to call TO cause it takes to long to get set up to run a play / spike it.

Everyone in the building knew it .... accept OB and apparently Watson because he was looking to OB.

OB should have been on top of the ref signaling time out before the play ended! Watson doing the same thing ....

gafftop

All Pro
As soon as that ball was thrown deep down the middle of the field he should have known to call TO cause it takes to long to get set up to run a play / spike it.

Everyone in the building knew it .... accept OB and apparently Watson because he was looking to OB.

OB should have been on top of the ref signaling time out before the play ended! Watson doing the same thing ....
I heard on 610 that someone at the game said OB was signaling for a spike from the sideline. Have no idea if this is correct.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yes I call you a Rick Smith hater. I don't ever see you post anything positive even when he does something good/right.
I don't hate Ricky, or anybody for that matter. No hate at all in my heart.

I don't think Ricky is very good at his job and the team I root for will never win a SB as long as he continues in his current position.

Hope this clears up my position on Ricky. Lets take this to the AE RS thread.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

I think Watson knew but he wasn't gonna over rule the coach. Remember he did call for one with about 8 seconds left

badboy

Hall of Fame
We need to find some way besides Fairbairn to score points. Hopkins if he remains at avg 68 yards per game will barely be over 1,000 yds and 5 TDs. Watson would have same TDs. Was I wrong in expecting to go into game four with more than zero touchdowns by our running backs? I cannot even brag on them getting yardage between goal lines. I will predict tight ends will play huge part versus Tenn.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
It has nothing to do with coaching. Our secondary players suck. We haven't drafted a s in god knows when even though we need one every year. Jackson is still the same trash player he's always been. Can't cover and never turns for the ball and constantly holds because he isn't fast enough. Joseph is ok but getting older now. Johnson is always injured and it's stunting his growth as a player. The Achilles heal of this defense and team is the secondary and has been for a few years.
We had Bouye but had to let him go due to cap difficulties.
It happens.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Nope, had nothing to do with the cap. This was a situation Rick stuck to his valuation. Set a limit, once he reached that limit, he folded. Kinda like Elway & the Brock negotiations.
Actually Brock never gave Elway a chance to respond.

But overall you are correct. A GM should have a limit in mind. That means some NFL worthy players will end up on different teams. It's also how you manage a salary cap.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Nope, had nothing to do with the cap. This was a situation Rick stuck to his valuation. Set a limit, once he reached that limit, he folded. Kinda like Elway & the Brock negotiations.
That's what I meant - I thought they were trying to save money for other players - i.e., finds were tight.