Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What is Watson's value in a trade?

Can we come up with anymore, we want all of your good players and 1st rd picks for Derrick tonight?

How about while y'all are at it can y'all come up with a we want the world for Tunsil trades while y'all are at it?

Can we come up with anymore, we want all of your good players and 1st rd picks for Derrick tonight?

How about while y'all are at it can y'all come up with a we want the world for Tunsil trades while y'all are at it?

So youā€™re stating that Watson nor Tunsil have any high-end trade value? Tunsil, in some minds is the cats meow at LTā€¦..for me, he hasnā€™t justified the amount given in the trade to obtain him or the amount of new money he received to play the position.

The Texans used to have a great LT in Brown but chose to let him sit until traded b/c of dumbarse comment made by McNair and the fact the Texans wouldnā€™t even guarantee the last of years on his current contractā€¦..which wouldā€™ve been a boat load cheaper than the price they paid for Tunsil.

But, bad scouting and management has landed this OL train-wreck in the mess itā€™s in today. Itā€™s time to move the assets that help reduce the payroll and return picks. Based on Caserioā€™s first and hopefully ā€œlastā€ handicapped draft, Iā€™d like to give the man as many assets as possible to find pieces in this draft that could have an immediate impact on the 2022 team.

So youā€™re stating that Watson nor Tunsil have any high-end trade value? Tunsil, in some minds is the cats meow at LTā€¦..for me, he hasnā€™t justified the amount given in the trade to obtain him or the amount of new money he received to play the position.

The Texans used to have a great LT in Brown but chose to let him sit until traded b/c of dumbarse comment made by McNair and the fact the Texans wouldnā€™t even guarantee the last of years on his current contractā€¦..which wouldā€™ve been a boat load cheaper than the price they paid for Tunsil.

But, bad scouting and management has landed this OL train-wreck in the mess itā€™s in today. Itā€™s time to move the assets that help reduce the payroll and return picks. Based on Caserioā€™s first and hopefully ā€œlastā€ handicapped draft, Iā€™d like to give the man as many assets as possible to find pieces in this draft that could have an immediate impact on the 2022 team.

Tunsil is a top 5-6 LT. That's one problem solved. This doesn't mean I think Tunsil is the cats meow. The chances of drafting a top 5-6 LT are less than 50/50. As far as the cap and Tunsil goes, there's plenty of cap space to go around and particularly in 2023 there will be even more cap space to go around. Top 5-6 players at their positions get paid.

After seeing the last few games without Tunsil this should tell you the value of Tunsil. You're talking about DB tells me that you're not only living in the past but that you would rather hope to draft a LT than go for a sure thing. Keeping Tunsil eliminates one hole that needs to be filled and again the cap isn't an issue. I guess what really still eats at you is how much BOB gave up to acquire Tunsil. What's done is done so you should be thankful that the LT position has been solved (a premium position) and move on to try to fill the other premium positions like QB/Edge/CB etc... with players as talented as Tunsil.

Back