Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What Grade Did Caserio Get on Watson Trade?

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
So the 3 firsts are #13 this year, with the rest likely in the 20's if the Browns are playoff bound. If that and a 3rd, along with a mid round swap were all you could get for the highest paid QB in football, I don't think it's a good haul at all.

But he's finally gone, so time to move forward with it.

michaelm

vox nihili
I'm definitely underwhelmed with the trade compared to what I expected.

Having said that, the Texas have a good number of 2022 draft picks, including two in the top 13, along with new cap space to work with for the immediate future, as well as multiple first round picks in the next two seasons.

There is a considerable bright side

TexansFight

Veteran
So what option was there? To not trade him and get nothing?
Atlanta Falcons. The #8 and 2 other 1sts and 2 2nds and Kyle Pitts. That’s proper compensation. Caserio fucked this up. He should have NEVER allowed the Browns to meet Deshaun with that **** as trade compensation. The Texans controlled who could contact and negotiate with Deshaun. FAILURE ON ALL LEVELS

badboy

Hall of Fame
a Zero not even an F because Nicky didn't go get anything. It was basically given to him. I'm shocked DW didn't demand 1.13 not in this package.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
For all the crying in here, 3 1st round picks is 3 1st round picks. I didn’t think he’d get it but he did. I also like that they are spread out over multiple drafts.

I grade it a Grade an A- considering he had DW4’s NTC he had to work thru.

now not only do we have room cap wise to add other FA’s this year who can help this team, we’ll also be adding 3 other immediate impact players THIS year and the 2 after.

disaacks3

Staff member
Given the widely reported 3 firsts and 3 seconds we turned down prior to the start of last season? Hard to grade this higher than a “C”. That said, it’s better than I was beginning to think we’d end up with after screwing around this long.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
When he quits on the browns and they go 3-14, we'll get a high draft pick. That's good, right?
This is why I have no doubt that it won't be a long honeymoon and buyers remorse will set in for the Browns.

Id have liked some seconds and players to fix some issues... but knowing the Browns will regret this trade more than we will gives me a warm fuzzy feeling......

..... wait for it.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
And here's the full detail on the MONSTER Houston/Cleveland trade ... Browns get: QB Deshaun Watson, 2024 fifth-round pick.

Texans gets: 2022 first-round pick, 2023 first-round pick, 2023 third-round pick, 2024 first-round pick, 2024 fourth-round pick.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
This is why I have no doubt that it won't be a long honeymoon and buyers remorse will set in for the Browns.

Id have liked some seconds and players to fix some issues... but knowing the Browns will regret this trade more than we will gives me a warm fuzzy feeling......

..... wait for it.
Yup. LOL

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
caserio gets a B-

but caserio wasnt just dealing with Cleveland but also dealing with a no trade clause and he needed Watson to turn his key to fire the nuclear middle.

Make no mistake, Diva Deshaun Watson WON this pissing match. Watson turned this process into his own finale of the Batchelor but instead of giving the winning suitor a rose he’s giving them both a bottle of jergins lotion. Browns gave up significant draft capital and paid the man a kings ransom and the Texans have to start from scratch but at least have ammo to try to right this ship.

Watson put his career and freedom in jeopardy by doing whatever he was doing with these women and still came out ahead so he didn’t learn any lesson and I bet his hubris will Lead him to make more idiotic decisions in the future.

Luckily he will Have enough money to pay Rusty to get him off the hook again.

Legendary my hair fat Mexican butt. He’s gone, well bye!!

TripleTap

Dead Wood
I thought the going price was 3 firsts, 2 seconds and a couple of mid-range players.
This deal is a good deal short of that.
Still--it's over.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur