Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What could help turn us around?

Clone JJ Watt .... 25 times and have him play every position including kicker , long snapper and waterboy ?!

Maybe suit up the current waterboy and have him play QB ? Couldn't be worse ....

I see several people saying to promote Vrabel to DC .... What exactly has he or his unit done to warrant such a promotion ?! The LBers have been just as bad as the rest of the defense. The outside guys aren't getting pressure or holding the edge , the inside guys cant cover and are getting gashed against the run ..... Vrabel is a part of this dumpster fire and should be sent packing with the rest of them.

He can't be worse than the current guy. Someone on the team has to do it. He's younger, a former player, players in theory would respect him ala Dan Campbell in Miami.

Clone JJ Watt .... 25 times and have him play every position including kicker , long snapper and waterboy ?!

Maybe suit up the current waterboy and have him play QB ? Couldn't be worse ....

Imagine all the commercials.

I see several people saying to promote Vrabel to DC .... What exactly has he or his unit done to warrant such a promotion ?! The LBers have been just as bad as the rest of the defense. The outside guys aren't getting pressure or holding the edge , the inside guys cant cover and are getting gashed against the run ..... Vrabel is a part of this dumpster fire and should be sent packing with the rest of them.

I agree in so much that it shouldn't be an O'Brien guy.

Maybe Devlin... something is wrong, imo the players just ain't buying what OB is spitting. He's got to go. The interim guy has to be able to undo what caused the ruckus without loosing what little credibility we've got.

I doubt I said that right. But generally speaking, it's one thing. It's an OB thing. There's got to be a coach that understands what that one thing is & undo it without changing something every week trying to figure it out.

I thought about this a lot during the game. I'm thinking more about what Rick Smith and B'OB will do to turn this ship around. Are they on the hotseat at all? If so, things will get pretty interesting for the rest of the year.

So two ways to think about this.

1.) What can B'OB, Smith, current brain trust do to turn this around? They have to salvage this season and make it respectable. With what we trot out there on the Oline and the QB it feels like nothing they will do will get this team on the right track. The one thing to do is to fire Crennel, the defense CAN'T be this bad. I know our LBs suck (not including Clowney) and I know our safeties are at best average. Our CB group with Kareem healthy is not THIS bad. Our Dline gets NO pressure. This is with Watt, Wilfork, Clowney on the line. How can it be that we go entire halves without so much as a pressure? Other guys like Crick and Merciless that rush are decent players too. They are nothing to scream and shout about but they should be benefiting from playing next to Watt.

What else can they do? Well, not sure. The Oline has been in shambles. One thing I liked about Kubiak is that he put so much of an emphasis there. on running his ZBS and getting guys that could. One thing that you knew about a Kubiak coached team is that they will run the ball. It's like clockwork with him, no matter your RB Kubiak will get the most out of the running game. It's not working for B'OB

I wonder if they feel the pressure do they make a desperation move. As in Smith/B'OB together. Try to trade for RG3 and hope he still has the juice and confidence in himself. Certainly I would make the call and see what it would take. It's clear Hoyer and Mallet are not going to win you games.

2.) What will the organization do? That's the bigger question.

What will McNair allow for? Is he content with this? Is he thinking "Well, it's only his second year" or is he pissed and that so many dismal performances has suddenly put the other Bob's job under review? This 41-0 thing is not just a one week thing. Every week we go down by about 20 points and have to come back. Nearly every single week. It's a problem. So if the organization DOES move on you have to wonder what McNair is thinking.

In the end this franchise has not been much to write home about. Kubiak's tenure had the team be mostly relevant and not a joke. He seems like one of those guys like Jeff Fisher, a pretty good coach that may have problems getting over the hump but your team will be respectable under him. The 2-14 season did happen but no one could have predicted that Schaub stuff.

The organization needs a refresh. Smith is a terrible GM. Handles the cap about as poorly as can be handled. Every year we lose depth that we have to replace. This team seems to ALWAYS be capped strapped. Lets not even talk about the drafts. Also, if you are the GM and your coach is being a knucklehead about the QB situation you have to talk him going into the season with something other than Hoyer/Mallet.

That was the BIGGEST mistake. EVERYONE here knew it. Everyone knew Hoyer and Mallet would not cut it. One is a all time backup and a average backup at that. The other was a completely unproven BACKUP.

This post is longer than I imagined it. I guess I needed to vent after that one.

Someone mentioned Morey, and if you look at our other teams, they both have GMs that understand and leverage advanced analytics. Perhaps that's who we should be looking for, a new age GM that can look at a Wilfork's performance last year and realize he's on the decline and not invest 9M.

Well let's see what happens today.

We certainly don't know he can't play quarterback in the NFL. With only nine games left in the season they couldn't squeeze in a fair evaluation though. Better give him a two year contract.

From the wise words of Chef McElroy:
"We just gotta buckle down, dig deep, and pray that maybe the other team comes down with cancer."

Nothing is going to turn this around. It's like an 18 wheeler going downhill with a dead driver who just had a heart attack while choking down a truck stop frozen burrito. This is going to end where it ends and between then and now not much will affect it's progress.

We've been through this before. We know the drill from 2005 and 2013. To paraphrase a line from Steve Buscemi's character in Armaggedon "Guess what guys! It's time to embrace the horror! Look, we got front-row tickets to the end of the O'Brien regime!"

Back