Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Tyrann Mathieu

Texansballer74

The Marine
Breaking: Former Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu has reached an agreement on a one-year deal with the Houston Texans, sources told Adam Schefter.

Tyrann Mathieu will try to get back to All-Pro form after signing with the Texans
The Honey Badger has an opportunity to get back to dominance.
By Harry Lyles Jr.@harrylylesjr Mar 16, 2018, 10:45pm EDTSHARE
Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images
Tyrann Mathieu has a new home for the 2018 NFL season, after signing with the Houston Texans on a one-year deal, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I'm still not calling another man honey. He's just the badger.

If watt is half the player he was and this defense stays healthy we could have a damn fine defense. He's a rover on the back end and prone to turnovers. Have we ever had that? I've been waiting since Matt Stevens.

Thrilled about this.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
I'm still not calling another man honey. He's just the badger..
Do you have a problem calling a player "bad ass?" Is that the same as calling him an "ass" or 'bad?"

The two words go together for a specific meaning:

Honey Badger

Badger

They're both mean as f'ck by the way. A badger will back off a grizzly. You see one trundling toward you, best to step out of his path. Little bastards may look cute, they will bow up on anything. Don't look so cute anymore. Very quickly it's "yes Mr. Badger, that's your trail." Friggin walking attitude.

But honey badger is not a girly appellation.

powda

Do you have a problem calling a player "bad ass?" Is that the same as calling him an "ass" or 'bad?"

Honey Badger

Badger

They're both mean as f'ck by the way. A badger will back off a grizzly.

He is a bad ass. He is not someone I'd call honey.

Honestly, who cares. Just produce. If he helps us win a sb I'll call him honey or baby or whatever.

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
Damn, why only 1 year though. Hopefully were not just a stepping stone.
He probably wants to see if our team can be legit or not. If Watt, Clowney and Mercilus can all stay healthy together for a full year our defense could become something special.

If Deshaun Watson can stay healthy for a full year we may become Super Bowl contenders. Very smart move by the Honey Badger coming here on a one year deal. I'm sure he'll sign here long term after 2018 if we indeed become a Super Bowl contender.

With the Astros going for back-to-back World Series titles in 2018 and the Rockets possibly winning the 2018 NBA Finals this June, it's time for the Houston Texans to join that championship party! We can become the city of champions!!!

powda

He probably wants to see if our team can be legit or not. If Watt, Clowney and Mercilus can all stay healthy together for a full year our defense could become something special.

If Deshaun Watson can stay healthy for a full year we may become Super Bowl contenders. Very smart move by the Honey Badger coming here on a one year deal. I'm sure he'll sign here long term after 2018 if we indeed become a Super Bowl contender.

With the Astros going for back-to-back World Series titles in 2018 and the Rockets possibly winning the 2018 NBA Finals this June, it's time for the Houston Texans to join that championship party! We can become the city of champions!!!
Flip that coin. Badger has/had his own injury issues. This is a solid deal for him and the team

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Well, I'm only a Texans fan, so I'll be waiting.

Bulls on Parade

Bulls on Parade

I don't want that thug Suh here. Dirty, piece of **** player.
I'd take him in a heartbeat especially on a one or two-year deal. Not sure how feasible that is though. He seems like he's going to the highest bidder. I definitely don't want to see him sign with the Titans.

I was as upset as anybody else with Ndamukong Suh when he kicked Schaub in the nuts back on Thanksgiving in 2012 (I thought it was intentional), but I've forgiven him and moved on during the past six years. We're trying to win a Super Bowl and I don't mind adding more talent. He's 31 years old now. You've got to figure he's matured a little bit by now.

How do you turn around a 4-12 team into a 12-4 team?
Some luck staying healthy and adding talent in free agency.
That's how we can do it with no high round draft picks this year.

We can have a swift one year turn around, IMO.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
If only that were his only transgression. He hasn't matured at all.

Though I'd rather sign him and pay him to stay home than have him go to the Titans and Albert Haynesworth us.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one

Honey Badger

Badger

They're both mean as f'ck by the way. A badger will back off a grizzly. You see one trundling toward you, best to step out of his path. Little bastards may look cute, they will bow up on anything. Don't look so cute anymore. Very quickly it's "yes Mr. Badger, that's your trail." Friggin walking attitude.

Yes, I they bite you they won't let go until they hear your leg snap.

Very happy with this signing. I'm feeling positive about the secondary again now.

edo783

Hall of Fame

Honey Badger

Badger

True story on how bad ass a badger is. A buddy of mine was in a tree on a deer stand and a badger comes mossing up. He sticks it with an arrow center mass and in to the ground. The badger pulls the arrow out of the ground and started coming up the tree for him. Had to shoot him two more times to put him down. Now that is the very definition of BAD ASS!!

LikeMike

Veteran
And this on my birthday... I am kinda shocked right now. I was sure he could demand Butler money easy. I would have preferred a multi year deal, but like this we have a very safe deal. If he works out here, we should be in the driver seat to resign him if we offer the same money as other teams.

We still don‘t have a true shutdown corner. But if we put KJ and MAttieu back at safety, JojO, KJo and Colvin should be more than fine. We should get a lot more turnovers this year.

What now? I would like to get a TE and would think about still offering a contract to Gaines. Other than that, I think we are good. I would like to get a HB in the draft and I don‘t see any way to get a capable LT, so we just have to hope Davenport developes and maybe take a swing at a tackle in the draft - maybe trading up to the second round.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
True story on how bad ass a badger is. A buddy of mine was in a tree on a deer stand and a badger comes mossing up. He sticks it with an arrow center mass and in to the ground. The badger pulls the arrow out of the ground and started coming up the tree for him. Had to shoot him two more times to put him down. Now that is the very definition of BAD ASS!!
No doubt. The time I crossed path, it was odd. He was just so casual (and they're "cute") in his "get the fxck out of my way" attitude. Mountain lion I was semi-petrified. Badger I was chuckling and getting the hell out of the way. They just give off this air of "I’m not walking around."

As far as that furry bastard is concerned, he's king.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Damn, why only 1 year though. Hopefully were not just a stepping stone.
MLB super agent Scott Boras labeled this type of deal as a "pillow contract". When a player can't find a long term deal he's satisfied with, he'll take a one year deal to re-establish himself on the market. Doesn't mean that player won't re-up with the same team the following year.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
And this on my birthday... I am kinda shocked right now. I was sure he could demand Butler money easy. I would have preferred a multi year deal, but like this we have a very safe deal. If he works out here, we should be in the driver seat to resign him if we offer the same money as other teams.

We still don‘t have a true shutdown corner. But if we put KJ and MAttieu back at safety, JojO, KJo and Colvin should be more than fine. We should get a lot more turnovers this year.

What now? I would like to get a TE and would think about still offering a contract to Gaines. Other than that, I think we are good. I would like to get a HB in the draft and I don‘t see any way to get a capable LT, so we just have to hope Davenport developes and maybe take a swing at a tackle in the draft - maybe trading up to the second round.
TE's left on the board....no thank you. They'll be over-priced. The Texans get this need answered in the draft. For me, I'm going to help put the final piece on this defense for RC and that final piece is Suh. If the team could bookend Suh and Watt, with Clowney and Mercilus behind them...opposing QB's might consider wearing Depends under their pants b/c there would be a very good chance that at some point they're going to get the shite knocked out them. There should be plenty of errant throws for the DB's to feast on.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Rumor has it The 300 was based on a group of honey badgers

LikeMike

Veteran
TE's left on the board....no thank you. They'll be over-priced. The Texans get this need answered in the draft. For me, I'm going to help put the final piece on this defense for RC and that final piece is Suh. If the team could bookend Suh and Watt, with Clowney and Mercilus behind them...opposing QB's might consider wearing Depends under their pants b/c there would be a very good chance that at some point they're going to get the shite knocked out them. There should be plenty of errant throws for the DB's to feast on.
I would be intrigued with Suh - but that would mean a lot of money is tight up in our front 5. A one year proof it deal would be great of course - but long term? Might be tough in the future. Plus he is kind of a jerk and it seems like both of his nfl teams weren't really sad to see him go despite his production...