Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Lovie Smith

In a rebuild everything is scrapped. & you start all over. You save your money, you stockpile draft picks & winning now is not a priority

This is more like what happens when you bring in a new HC & GM who believe they can win now.
but in that case why wouldn’t they aim at only a handful of more desired FA’s Rather than their roster turnover? Roster turnovers don’t seem to indicate a win now scenario, especially when they don‘t come with a 1 and 2? I still believe this is an enema to begin with followed by a new lifestyle: better coaching, more competition, GM leadership with a natural desire always to win but with initially sober perspectives. Edit. Just a thought. What if the roster turnover could be partially due to NC believing competition could only be improved by bringing in better coached veterans?

Last edited:
In a rebuild everything is scrapped. & you start all over. You save your money, you stockpile draft picks & winning now is not a priority

This is more like what happens when you bring in a new HC & GM who believe they can win now.

They are going to be sadly mistaken.

The thing is we don't know how the season will unfold or what these new players would bring to the table. That's my main point but why continue to rain on those who are optimistic parade?

Some of those players he brought here are pretty good. The roster should be very competitive. Do we have a Superstar in the making, hmmm I don't know. I am just hopeful this new coaching regime will be able to coach these players up.

You most definitely have put together a compelling argument. Because they could very well be terrible again this season. I'm just in the ballpark of waiting and seeing.
I am an optimist and see a vast improvement in our oline play on the cards. Campen is a huge upgrade over Devlin. May take a few games to really gel.
Lovie Smith is an experienced and competent DC.
David Culley is an unknown but doesn't inspire confidence. Hopefully he will be a revelation, but I'm not confident.

Looks like my handwriting

Is this your way of telling us you are his ghost writer? I always knew you had potential. Keep up the good work.

If that was me writing it I would have written it 50 different times to come up with something that other people could read and didn’t have any mark outs.

Well one thing is sure. The Texans are pulling out the stops to get people back in the stands. They have lowered prices at the concession stand & now we have Lovie all but begging people to come back. Hopefully they have not overlooked the simplest solution to their problem. Just win damn football games.

Back