Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Welcome to Houston Kamari Lassiter

Still Dell. Nico would just bully him imo, Diggs is too savy as a veteran WR..Dell is fast but that would only come into play if the qb gets to sit back in the pocket and have a picnic.

See that the thing with long speed. It only really comes into play when the qb has time to let things develop down field. Short area quickness tends to matter more..& Lassiter is elite there so he’s be fine matching up with Dell..someone he matches up well with.
Good conversation, but Dell is a beast as route runner. I see your point.

When did that happen?
In the 2022 Georgia vs LSU game, the big plays by both Nabers and Boutte came against CB Kelee Ringo and Safety Malaki Starks. So I guess you could say he locked down both Nabers and Boutte based on opportunities to defend. Lassiter had a good game even with LSU passing for 500 yards.

How does Lassiter Compare to Stingley?

Is he in the same talent range? A possible #1 CB?
He's not Stingley

He's a young Logan Ryan

That means this team is going to get a decade out of Lassiter playing slot , with the ability to play outside when he's young and eventually becoming a play maker as a S later in his career.

If he stays healthy he's going to have a really good career.

It's all we have, considering only one of the players has played in the NFL.
I don't think anyone wants to compare Lassiter with Stingley today. That would be ridiculous. I think the original poster was wanting a comparison to the two coming out of college.

I don't think anyone wants to compare Lassiter with Stingley today.

@thunderkyss specifically asked for a Lassiter to Stingley comparison. As pros, we don't know. Coming out of college, Stingley was regarded to be a far superior player. Thus "where were they drafted?"

Lassiter was compared to Devon Weatherspoon and my guy Martin Emerson coming out which is lofty praise. As with Stingley, Lassiter made a significant difference his freshman year but nowhere near the impact. Stingley's rookie year was simply amazing. Lassiter's ability in all defending schemes raised his draft status imo. Doesn't have Derek's "wow, did you see that!" Yet is a steady defender that will give yards up but not points.
If we had solid safeties, I think Lassiter would take more risk for interceptions.
When I began following Stingly his freshman year, he had it all to perhaps be the greatest Corner in the NFL history. 38 tackles, 21 passes defended and 6 INTs. 4.44 speed and a 38 in vertical. Dude ran in the high for twos in high school!
As we all know injury is what led to his downfall and to me championing Ahmad 'sauce' Gardner over Stingley.

Sting just had amazing skills in all areas but was best press man coverage. In college he tackled like a safety.
Barring future injuries, both could be elite corners.

Last edited:

Stingley’s ball skills separate him from Lassiter. He can run routes for the WR and get his hands on the ball at an elite level. As much of a #1 CB as you’ll find in the modern NFL when healthy. Fortunately for us, he was healthy down the stretch last season.

Stingley’s ball skills separate him from Lassiter. He can run routes for the WR and get his hands on the ball at an elite level. As much of a #1 CB as you’ll find in the modern NFL when healthy. Fortunately for us, he was healthy down the stretch last season.

Yeah Sting can catch, Lassiter not so much.

Back