Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Man get over that crap. Gwhiz
It is what it is.

I've accepted that the boardroom is still alive and kicking down on Kirby and that there's no way the Church of the Calhouns will allow Caserio to do what should be done, which is just pick the most talented players that fit your scheme. his is why a guy like Sam Williams will never be a Calhoun. Although if he falls to 2-37 he should become a Calhoun.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
"Executive Vice President" of an NFL team and the first interview he's given in almost two years is a never-seen podcast from some random teenagers whose most watched video is 77 views before this one.

He's scared to talk to professional reporters, but most weasels are so no surprise. He's probably feeling like he's losing his grip with Lovie in the building, so this is him fronting to try to justify his existence in the organization.
Not to mention they're in Philly

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don't give one rats ass for anything Eastershit has to say in a podcast or otherwise. The only words I want to hear coming out of Easterdung's mouth is "I'm resigning from the Texans".
He will never give up a multi-million dollar grift. And who can blame him? If the McNairs are dumb enough to employ him, then more power to him. Talk about money for nothing! lol

You really should watch, though, just to be entertained by the absolute bullshit he's pedaling on those kids' channel.

He claims that he's blessed to be hated because "it shows passion toward the Texans", which is basically saying he's been gifted by divine forces to have multiple Sports Illustrated stories about his [alleged] shenanigans and thousands of Texans fans despising him because of what he and O'Brien did in a short period of time.

It's absolutely absurd. But, I've got to give credit where it's due: the man can spin it! :spin:

It's interesting that we've heard nothing from him for almost two years until Lovie Smith gets out there and starts slowly changing perceptions of the Houston Texans.

Texian

Hall of Fame
He will never give up a multi-million dollar grift. And who can blame him? If the McNairs are dumb enough to employ him, then more power to him. Talk about money for nothing! lol

You really should watch, though, just to be entertained by the absolute bullshit he's pedaling on those kids' channel.

He claims that he's blessed to be hated because "it shows passion toward the Texans", which is basically saying he's been gifted by divine forces to have multiple Sports Illustrated stories about his [alleged] shenanigans and thousands of Texans fans despising him because of what he and O'Brien did in a short period of time.

It's absolutely absurd. But, I've got to give credit where it's due: the man can spin it! :spin:

It's interesting that we've heard nothing from him for almost two years until Lovie Smith gets out there and starts slowly changing perceptions of the Houston Texans.
The McNairs see Jack as a man of God out there doing God's work. Cal and Janice have bought his act, hook, line and sinker. The rest of us see him as real life Elmer Gantry character.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Well McClain never really says anything negative about anyone, but if you listen to his interview yesterday, he has some not so nice things to say about him. Its just strange that BOB could fire him, but in his contract now only the McNairs, not Nick.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The McNairs see Jack as a man of God out there doing God's work. Cal and Janice have bought his act, hook, line and sinker. The rest of us see him as real life Elmer Gantry character.
Sometimes some men of God aren't the best businessmen.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
So, does Easterass have to leave because of Lovie, or does Easterturd get Love fired? We need a poll.

Texian

Hall of Fame
So, does Easterass have to leave because of Lovie, or does Easterturd get Love fired? We need a poll.
So based on last year's head coach hiring debacle and a damn near repeat of the debacle this year. Along with the horrible, terrible, awful mismanagement of the salary cap, the absence of sound logical decision-making regarding draft picks, trades and player personnel in general, Easterbutt has removed himself from the front burner to a small Bunson burner in the corner. Trying to distance himself from the day he put Game Boy on his plane and convinced him to hire an administrative assistant as his new General Manager. At this stage Lovie is in charge of the fate of the Nightmare Easterhorror currently residing on Kirby Dr.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If he doesn't, Calhoun will be the easy scapegoat because he didn't allow Caserio to hire his HC, the entire coaching staff and be on the headset during games. Correct?
Quoted for truth.

He said Caserio was going to run the football oops

He's a liar.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If he doesn't, Calhoun will be the easy scapegoat because he didn't allow Caserio to hire his HC, the entire coaching staff and be on the headset during games. Correct?
You can't scapegoat an owner, so you need to look lower on the chain-of-command. lol

Texian

Hall of Fame
Based on Caserio's last two calamities involving hiring a head coach, it appears as though Nick has been relieved of those duties for evermore. Headsets have been replaced with airpods.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
DW4 agrees with you. Based on the last year's performance I would say Nick was running the the football Oops. :)
I liked what he did last year. After trading Derrick, is cap space going to be a problem? Caserio will probably end up with 55-60 mil in cap space. Doing things the way he did also allowed him to find KGH/Thomas/Smith/Kirksey etc....
Bottom line for me is I believe he found the QB of the future, that makes last off-season a success, whether you want to admit this or not.

What this off-season comes down to for me is if there are 2 guys on the draft board. 1 on offense and 1 on defense, if Caserio wants the offensive guy and Lovie wants the defensive guy, who makes the final call.

Also I would hope Caserio would listen to what Lovie wants when it comes to drafting the type of guys that Lovie wants on defense.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Found it... not much of a discussion, they just asked if Jim Trotter had a chance to meet him, he said no and they moved on.

Truth in reporting is a thing of the long past
Makes it sound like Easterby was nowhere near the war room

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Interesting. It was John McClain saying that Easterby never had any power, but now, apparently, says he did and it's being taken away. He's just another sportswriter talking out of both ends of himself once again.

I figure Caserio arrived and saw the amount of power that Easterby was given and quickly realized that he's above his head and slowly started diminishing that power until he's just another dude in the front office. JMO.

Texian

Hall of Fame
After witnessing (2) FUBAR head coaching searches of epic embarrassing proportions in NFL history, Daniel Calhoun finally realized the Easterby's demand they fly to Boston ASAP was a SNAFU unmatched in Houston Texans history. Easterby now hangs out in the cafeteria and Caserio is occasionally asked for his opinion. For the most part, Caserby has become the step and fetch it, boys, for Daniel Calhoun and Lovie. Daniel Calhoun knows he stepped in a huge pile of dog crap and is still trying to get it off his shoes.

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
i thought this was some insider stuff…just more of the same dinkheads fanning flames of crap they’ve been pumping for years. This dude is dead and now they feel they need to speak on this? Suspect.
Adds more credence to suspicions that Jack Easterby was able to talk McNair into hiring Caserio to keep his position with the Texans.

Also, I didn’t know OB was making everyone miserable at for the Texans.

That’s what I got out of it.

Why tell the story now?

It always happens this way. Someone passes and tales are told. Not suspect at all.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's telling that Easterby's role has been greatly diminished since Caserio took over. It pretty much confirms that the McNairs gave him more power than he earned or was qualified to handle.

Lance is just elaborating on information that he's already put out there. The role of Rootes in all of this was unknown and it's interesting to see his perspective.

Jack is just another overpaid executive now and there's not really much else to talk about since he no longer has any influence in football operations. Thankfully.

mws

Rookie
Here is a quote about Easterby from the John McClain article about Lovie Smith on gallerysports.com.

"After experiencing the personnel failures generated by O’Brien and the tomfoolery created by Easterby, who’s been emasculated and no longer has the power he wielded in his first three years, the Texans are clearly Smith’s team. He and Caserio have the same vision for the team and a mutual respect that’s helped eliminate the controversy that dogged the organization in recent years."

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Here is a quote about Easterby from the John McClain article about Lovie Smith on gallerysports.com.

"After experiencing the personnel failures generated by O’Brien and the tomfoolery created by Easterby, who’s been emasculated and no longer has the power he wielded in his first three years, the Texans are clearly Smith’s team. He and Caserio have the same vision for the team and a mutual respect that’s helped eliminate the controversy that dogged the organization in recent years."
Feels like dejavue. I’m sure he said basically the same thing when Rick Smith joined Kubiak & again when BO’b replaced Kubiak.

Pretty much the only time I listen to sports radio now is when McClain is on, so I like listening to him. But this… sigh

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

John McClain= @Texian

Last edited by a moderator:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Feels like dejavue. I’m sure he said basically the same thing when Rick Smith joined Kubiak & again when BO’b replaced Kubiak.

Pretty much the only time I listen to sports radio now is when McClain is on, so I like listening to him. But this… sigh
No. Bob McNair never would have put Jack Easterby in the positions of power that he had with/after O'Brien. All of that nonsense started when Cal and Janice took over.

It was an idiotic decision that has been confirmed to be an idiotic decision when we see them slowly and quietly remove Easterby from any position of influence but are too arrogant and prideful to ever admit it was a massive failure to the public. So they'll pay him millions to make sure the workout schedules are posted on time.

Easterby is now just another steer in the front office barnyard. Fortunately for us, they now have two bulls running football ops with Lovie and Caserio.