austins23

Hall of Fame

Andre Johnson
@johnson80

·
13m

If I’m
@deshaunwatson
I will stand my ground. The Texans organization is known for wasting players careers. Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on. Pathetic!!!
Damn, that's heavy stuff. This cat Easterby has got to go. Maybe he does serve a purpose on the team, BUT all he is doing right now is dividing it. Not good for a team tryin (allegedly) to start anew with a different "culture". A legit outsider weighing in, hope Cletus sees this.

austins23

Hall of Fame
Damn, that's heavy stuff. This cat Easterby has got to go. Maybe he does serve a purpose on the team, BUT all he is doing right now is dividing it. Not good for a team tryin (allegedly) to start anew with a different "culture". A legit outsider weighing in, hope Cletus sees this.

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
Good for AJ. Easterby has to go. No one is worth all the issues, especially not this guy. I also have an issue with a “character“ coach that has proven to be a back stabbing self serving individual. That’s not the character I want around my team

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
This is the way coaches used to treat Jerry Jones. Any coach with any cred wouldn't interview.

I know this is gonna upset our Easterboys but right now he's a PR nightmare. If he stays, we'll end up with our own version of Jason Garrett.

Perception is reality now.

Does this site have easterboys? I haven't seen a single posts that endorses him.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Dang, well those words certainly carry some weight considering the source.

What is so freakin' special about Jack Easterby that Cal McNair is willing to sacrifice the goodwill his daddy built in this city?

Seriously, there is nothing special about Jack, but the ownership seems incapable of seeing the optics of it all.

If Jack really is or is not the things he's accused of is irrelevant at this point. He's dead weight to this franchise and is not worth the effort of protecting him.
Based on Andre's comments, it appears this is simply players and people in the front office versus Easterby. At this point, Cal might have to make a choice between Watson and Easterby.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
I agree completely! lol :cowboy1:

He's a good dude, especially letting us keep this forum alive while being a Bucs fan. :friends:
I made a lot of good friends during the early days of the Texans. The tailgates were always fun but I don’t miss that drive back to Austin. I still follow what the Texans are doing albeit more from a far now. Living here now I pretty much stick to local sports radio, etc.

I do need to participate here more. I’ve enjoyed the last few days jumping back into discussions which I haven’t done in a long time. Of course I appreciate you DB and all the other mods. If it weren’t for you guys I wouldn’t be able to keep this place going.

powda

My monthly check to see if the Texans are still a complete and total dumpster fire with the worst owner in football. Yup. See y'all in a month. Meanwhile, I've found better things to do. What a joke this organization is.

But your gonna miss the bonfire!

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Andre Johnson
@johnson80
If I’m @deshaunwatson I will stand my ground. The Texans organization is known for wasting players careers. Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on. Pathetic!!!

View attachment 7354
We finally fired OB and hired someone that looks and sounds like a real GM. Also what exactly was going so great in the franchise before Easterby got there?

People thinking this will cause Cal to do anything are fooling themselves. 90% of people that go to games don’t know or care who Easterby is. Also Watson May stand his ground but he also may find Caserio a tougher nut to crack. We talked about Caserio was BB’s right hand well Belichick wasn’t exactly known for catering to players no matter who they were.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller

Andre Johnson
@johnson80

·
13m

If I’m
@deshaunwatson
I will stand my ground. The Texans organization is known for wasting players careers. Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on. Pathetic!!!
One Texans Life To Live. The soap opera keeps going and going.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
I still have no idea who "Easterby" is tbh.

Maybe cuz I don't pay much attention anymore.

Is he like the Valerie Jarrett of the Texans?

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
He’s the latest “cause of all the Texans problems” if/when he’s gone we’ll move on to the next one.
So it's not enough for you that players and people actually in the building seem to be having issues with the dude? I mean, this board is always calling for sources, what better sources than those actually there?

The Texans have a lot of problems, starting with the owner. And no, firing the pastor isn't going to magically fix all of those problems. But when you've got someone creating division throughout the organization that this cat seems to be doing, something's gotta give. Hell, there's rumors of Rootes leaving now. Not that I give a flying **** about him, but still.

powda

Also those have nothing to do with Easterby but all the problems are a result of Easterby? So nothing good stuff is despite Easterby but the bad stuff because of him. Yeah think I saw this episode already.

I think we're losing a LOT in translation here.

To be clear:

Im thrilled ob is gone.
Im indifferent mostly about Casserio as I didn't want more patriots south.
Easterby is devisive and underhanded.

Does that clear things up?

banned1976

sleeper mode
Dang, well those words certainly carry some weight considering the source.

What is so freakin' special about Jack Easterby that Cal McNair is willing to sacrifice the goodwill his daddy built in this city?

Seriously, there is nothing special about Jack, but the ownership seems incapable of seeing the optics of it all.

If Jack really is or is not the things he's accused of is irrelevant at this point. He's dead weight to this franchise and is not worth the effort of protecting him.
Easterby is the anchor of the Houston Titanics.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
“In addition, just the public Easterby to date has not been good. The role of a team chaplain and character coach is fundamentally a conflict from the role of a GM. “Please let me know how I can be here for you” conflicts with “I can trade you away if you have things in your life I don’t want for this team.”

So here's a snippet from Steph Stradlys, local attorney and part time journalist, take about the new GMs initial presser.
I dunno but reading this I keep thinking why couldn't the Texans owner be some kind of open-to-new-ideas, crazy, rebellious, out-of-the box type character like the late Al Davis instead of an extremely narrow-minded hard-core Jesus-freak family from the deep South ?
So you might want to check out Stradleys thoughts on that first press conference.
This may be Stephanie’s greatest article ever. I’ve never seen her so bold. I hope Caserio reads this.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I think we're losing a LOT in translation here.

To be clear:

Im thrilled ob is gone.
Im indifferent mostly about Casserio as I didn't want more patriots south.
Easterby is devisive and underhanded.

Does that clear things up?
Ok then let’s back things up. You asked the question, and I’m paraphrasing, what good things have happened since Easterby arrived. My answer was the firing of OB and the hiring of Caserio.

Now to your other points I’m pleased OB is gone. I’m pleased Caserio was hired and I don’t care about the “Patriots south” part because all successful teams are based off a previous successful franchise. Reid came from Philly didn’t make KC Philly west or Kubiak and Wade went to Denver didn’t make them Mile high Houston.

The Easterby thing I think is way overblown and I’m not going to pass judgement on someone I’ve never met nor based on reports from unnamed sources that could be everyone from Cal to the janitor.

Hopefully that’s clears things up from my point of view as well.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Andre Johnson
@johnson80

·
13m

If I’m
@deshaunwatson
Andre has spoken. I'm off the Easterby train.

powda

Ok then let’s back things up. You asked the question, and I’m paraphrasing, what good things have happened since Easterby arrived. My answer was the firing of OB and the hiring of Caserio.

Now to your other points I’m pleased OB is gone. I’m pleased Caserio was hired and I don’t care about the “Patriots south” part because all successful teams are based off a previous successful franchise. Reid came from Philly didn’t make KC Philly west or Kubiak and Wade went to Denver didn’t make them Mile high Houston.

The Easterby thing I think is way overblown and I’m not going to pass judgement on someone I’ve never met nor based on reports from unnamed sources that could be everyone from Cal to the janitor.

Hopefully that’s clears things up from my point of view as well.

Fair - but wasn't Easterby also here when ob became gm, we traded Hopkins, we went 4-12, and we pissed off our franchise qb?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
So it's not enough for you that players and people actually in the building seem to be having issues with the dude? I mean, this board is always calling for sources, what better sources than those actually there?

The Texans have a lot of problems, starting with the owner. And no, firing the pastor isn't going to magically fix all of those problems. But when you've got someone creating division throughout the organization that this cat seems to be doing, something's gotta give. Hell, there's rumors of Rootes leaving now. Not that I give a flying **** about him, but still.
Only two I have seen willing to be named is Foster and Hopkins. I give them the respect they deserve but they are far from unbiased. I don’t care one way or another about Easterby but it seems like we always find one person that is the cause of all these issues. We moved from OB to Easterby without missing a step and I’m just not willing to say for sure about something I know nothing about nor have any first hand knowledge of.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
We finally fired OB and hired someone that looks and sounds like a real GM. Also what exactly was going so great in the franchise before Easterby got there?

People thinking this will cause Cal to do anything are fooling themselves. 90% of people that go to games don’t know or care who Easterby is. Also Watson May stand his ground but he also may find Caserio a tougher nut to crack. We talked about Caserio was BB’s right hand well Belichick wasn’t exactly known for catering to players no matter who they were.
Maybe. But, as one of the Texans greatest players, most likely HoF bound (first Texan in HoF), and only player name on their 'ring of honor', his words will be sure to put Easterby's name into a lot of minds that have never heard of him.

Regardless if Jack really [is / is not] the snake in the grass, the optics of this are terrible for the franchise. In terms of fan perception, other players, potential head coaches, etc., this is an absolutely horrible look for the Houston Texans.

AJ rarely speaks, but when he does, do not doubt it carries weight. And I'm sure our franchise QB has read it, too. Things just got a little more complicated.

I just want to know if Easterby is worth it, and why. Simple, straight questions that get pretzel answers.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Fair - but wasn't Easterby also here when ob became gm, we traded Hopkins, we went 4-12, and we pissed off our franchise qb?
All true but then so were a lot of other people. Cal made OB the GM, doesn’t matter if it was suggested to him or not it was his call. As the GM and HC OB could do whatever he wanted again with only Cal stopping him. For all we know Easterby and everyone was tell him not to trade Hopkins. Haven’t you ever had a boss make a decision that everyone is telling him is a bad idea but he does it anyway?

4-12 that’s on the whole team but more so on the players and coaches. As far as pushing off Watson what right does he have to be pissed? GM hire has nothing to do with him nor should he have any input on it. If he thought he should that either on him for thinking wrong or on Cal for giving the wrong impression.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Maybe. But, as one of the Texans greatest players, most likely HoF bound (first Texan in HoF), and only player name on their 'ring of honor', his words will be sure to put Easterby's name into a lot of minds that have never heard of him.

Regardless if Jack really [is / is not] the snake in the grass, the optics of this are terrible for the franchise. In terms of fan perception, other players, potential head coaches, etc., this is an absolutely horrible look for the Houston Texans.

AJ rarely speaks, but when he does, do not doubt it carries weight. And I'm sure our franchise QB has read it, too. Things just got a little more complicated.

I just want to know if Easterby is worth it, and why. Simple, straight questions that get pretzel answers.
You could very well be right, it has been a lot of years since Foster was a Texan and most think of Watt or Watson now but I don’t dispute your assessment. Large part will depend how much traction it gets, one tweet from him and even a retweet from Hopkins wont move the bar much I think.

I agree the optics are bad and no overall I don’t think it’s worth all this though I also question why all these attacks as well. All these problems existed before Easterby and while I agree they have not been fixed with him there I don’t know why people are acting like this is something new.

powda

All true but then so were a lot of other people. Cal made OB the GM, doesn’t matter if it was suggested to him or not it was his call. As the GM and HC OB could do whatever he wanted again with only Cal stopping him. For all we know Easterby and everyone was tell him not to trade Hopkins. Haven’t you ever had a boss make a decision that everyone is telling him is a bad idea but he does it anyway?

4-12 that’s on the whole team but more so on the players and coaches. As far as pushing off Watson what right does he have to be pissed? GM hire has nothing to do with him nor should he have any input on it. If he thought he should that either on him for thinking wrong or on Cal for giving the wrong impression.
I dont understand why you blame others for the bad when he was here and credit him for the good when others were also here?

Im not giving the guy a hall pass. Maybe you need to see more. I dont. Easterby is a tumor.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I dont understand why you blame others for the bad when he was here and credit him for the good when others were also here?

Im not giving the guy a hall pass. Maybe you need to see more. I dont. Easterby is a tumor.
See and right there you make an assumption that I have never said. I’m not crediting him with anything nor am I blaming him for anything. If you want my assessment of Easterby he is the little puppy jumping around the big bulldog (Cal) in those old Looney Tunes cartoons. I don’t think he is any more a hinderance or help than any other yes man.

My only point is that all these decisions ultimately Cal signed off on them. Cal made OB GM, did Easterby suggest it, maybe but Cal agreed. OB was the sole person with the power to trade Hopkins, did Easterby suggest it, maybe but OB made the deal and Cal let him.

Thats not giving him a pass, if he did then they were stupid suggestions and he shouldn’t suggest what to have for lunch afterwards, but ultimately others went along with it. If I suggest someone rob a bank I’m not liable if they then go do that and get caught, they made the decision.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You could very well be right, it has been a lot of years since Foster was a Texan and most think of Watt or Watson now but I don’t dispute your assessment. Large part will depend how much traction it gets, one tweet from him and even a retweet from Hopkins wont move the bar much I think.

I agree the optics are bad and no overall I don’t think it’s worth all this though I also question why all these attacks as well. All these problems existed before Easterby and while I agree they have not been fixed with him there I don’t know why people are acting like this is something new.
Did you notice that neither Cal nor Nick could name even ONE skill that Easterby has that is integral to this franchise when asked multiple times last Friday?

It was all mumbo-jumbo and vague, like they are not even sure.

So if it's to be a 'character coach' for players, do you honestly think any of the players are going to open up to Jack now?

It's already been confirmed that Jack is not a personnel guy, cannot scout, cannot coach, is not a capologist, and now the only professional skill that's on his resume - i.e. counselor - is jeopardized and most likely mute because one of the Texans all-time greats has now spoken against him.

So again, why is he here?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Did you notice that neither Cal nor Nick could name even ONE skill that Easterby has that is integral to this franchise when asked multiple times last Friday?

It was all mumbo-jumbo and vague, like they are not even sure.

So if it's to be a 'character coach' for players, do you honestly think any of the players are going to open up to Jack now?

It's already been confirmed that Jack is not a personnel guy, cannot scout, cannot coach, is not a capologist, and now the only professional skill that's on his resume - i.e. counselor - is jeopardized and most likely mute because one of the Texans all-time greats has now spoken against him.

So again, why is he here?
I don’t know but the fact is if I was Cal and I was asked I would give the answer “Because I want him here.” and that would be all I would say. The benefit, if you’re and owner, of 31 out of 32 NFL franchises being privately owned is you don’t have to answer to anyone.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don’t know but the fact is if I was Cal and I was asked I would give the answer “Because I want him here.” and that would be all I would say. The benefit, if you’re and owner, of 31 out of 32 NFL franchises being privately owned is you don’t have to answer to anyone.
That's fine. It's his prerogative.

That said, it's our prerogative as consumers/customers to avoid a product because it's not a new energy drink but rather recycled, unfiltered sewage.

He's going to have a hard time pushing merch to a fan base that is disenchanted and believes is run by a clown. He's reaching Bud Adams level here. That's a stain that will not wash out. I hear it every day. He's losing the goodwill of this city's fans.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Her article reinforces my opinion of the Kirby Gulag. Caserio says this is not Patriots South. The only thing Caserio has known is the Patriots. My opinion of the Patriots Way is HEAD COACH Bill Belichick's DO YOUR JOB! The McNairs are not racists, they're THE ARISTOCRATS! The Houston Texans do not have an Easterby problem, they've a Cal McNair problem.
The McNairs are anything but aristocrats which smacks of nobility.
Rather the McNairs are the Beverly Hillbillies, they came from a humble background and moved to the oil patch in Houston and struck it rich when the old man scored a billion dollar deal with Enron. No the McNairs aren't aristocrats they are comparatively speaking just recently wealthy, aka new money.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The McNairs are anything but aristocrats which smacks of nobility.
Rather the McNairs are the Beverly Hillbillies, they came from a humble background and moved to the oil patch in Houston and struck it rich when the old man scored a billion dollar deal with Enron. No the McNairs aren't aristocrats they are comparatively speaking just recently wealthy, aka new money.
Not laughing at you, just your mention of the Beverly Hillbillies.

Perhaps money makes people arrogant, especially 2nd generation that never built anything but just inherited it all.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
That's fine. It's his prerogative.

That said, it's our prerogative as consumers/customers to avoid a product because it's not a new energy drink but rather recycled, unfiltered sewage.

He's going to have a hard time pushing merch to a fan base that is disenchanted and believes is run by a clown. He's reaching Bud Adams level here. That's a stain that will not wash out. I hear it every day. He's losing the goodwill of this city's fans.
Bingo, personally I haven’t bought a Texans product in 5 years nor watched more than a game or two live. Part of that is I don’t like the product so I’ll check highlights for free on YouTube or something.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
My monthly check to see if the Texans are still a complete and total dumpster fire with the worst owner in football. Yup. See y'all in a month. Meanwhile, I've found better things to do. What a joke this organization is.
Well I guess we wont see you again. If I'm you I don't bother checking in until you see a scrolling ticker stating Cletus and Janice have sold the team.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
AJ has nothing to lose....and the other players coming out.....Man that’s pretty damning for Easterby. That should’ve been the play all along instead of these guys leaking trade rumors and other **** as “sources”. Of course, this could all be just these guys supporting “their” guy in DW4......

but man.....at this point, Cal has to make a decision about Easterby.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Only two I have seen willing to be named is Foster and Hopkins. I give them the respect they deserve but they are far from unbiased. I don’t care one way or another about Easterby but it seems like we always find one person that is the cause of all these issues. We moved from OB to Easterby without missing a step and I’m just not willing to say for sure about something I know nothing about nor have any first hand knowledge of.
We?

I couldn’t care less about Easterby other than 2 issues that have popped up about him. 1) that he was OB’s right hand man in all the horrible trades the last couple of years, and 2) the division he appears to be causing throughout the organization. The latter is less important to me as it doesn’t directly effect the football part of things, which is the only thing I’m interested in.

Now, the 1st part of that should be solved with having a real GM. The 2nd part though, when that starts having an impact on the football part, which it appears to be doing, then we’ve got problems.

And this isn’t just silly ass fans reacting to this dude. This is coming from players and people actually employed or previously employed by the Texans. It’s one thing for fans reaction, quite another when it’s players and personnel.

The telling thing to me is how nobody seems willing to speak out to back Easterby. The SI article hinted at a lot of discontentment not just within the locker room but the business side of the franchise. You've got local reporters saying they're hearing a lot of people both on the team and in management that are upset with the way things unfolded with Caserio's hiring with possibly even the president of the Texans leaving over it. There's no one supporting Easterby at least publicly that I've seen aside from Cal and Caserio but you've got leaks galore. Now, one of the two best players to ever play for the team is saying Easterby's a problem and the other (JJ) sure hasn't seemed like he's been pleased with the direction of the team.

It's clear that he's a negative influence on the team just from reading the tea leaves. Now he's DMing people asking them to take down negative tweets about him. His "culture" has seen one backstabbing after another in management and the football team has gotten way worse as a result of mismanagement. For a culture coach, he sure does seem to foster a lot of distrust, lying and backstabbing.