Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Based on this dude having more power than anyone but Cal and Mom, I thought he deserved his own thread now! This was under the radar for me, I thought it was a good hire to have someone like him and his experience around, but man I missed his power and influence. Basically he has Cal's ear and is to bang heads of BOB and GM when they disagree or make the call. Welcome to town Boss!

This link is a read of what I thought we hired, a guy about culture and building the team from the inside

https://www.patriots.com/news/you-don-t-know-jack-the-most-influential-patriot-you-ve-never-heard-of

Max

Veteran
Is it confirmed that he has that kind of power or is it rumored to be in the works?

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I find it hard to believe the character coach/team chaplain is now in charge of the Texans with only Cal above him

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Is it confirmed that he has that kind of power or is it rumored to be in the works?
Always assumptions, speculations, and connect-the-dots logic with the Texans FO. They have rarely given us details about their true power structure.

I figure this guy is just another seat in the boardroom. His place in the overall power hierarchy is anyone's guess at this point.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Excellent read and like his hands on approach with players especially new to Texans players. I remember a certain Notre Dame nose tackle "Irish Chocolate" who could have used some counseling when drafted by Houston.

Reactions: JB

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Always assumptions, speculations, and connect-the-dots logic with the Texans FO. They have rarely given us details about their true power structure.

I figure this guy is just another seat in the boardroom. His place in the overall power hierarchy is anyone's guess at this point.
Recent GM openings considered in this opinion?

Mangler

Toro de España
Easterby being labeled just a “motivational speaker” is laughable. It’s been made clear by the Patriots that he was so much more than that. Does he provide guidance and motivational speaking to the players? (especially young players, rookies, etc) Yes. But, he was also reportedly the one that brought in the players who actually play for the love of the sport/winning over those just looking for a huge payday. He also provides some sort of position coaching. Hell, it’s been reported that he was the one who did the team evaluations for Belichic.

I’m almost 100% sure he’s the one that evaluates the team this offseason and found that Gaine just wasn’t up to the task.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Easterby being labeled just a “motivational speaker” is laughable. It’s been made clear by the Patriots that he was so much more than that. Does he provide guidance and motivational speaking to the players? (especially young players, rookies, etc) Yes. But, he was also reportedly the one that brought in the players who actually play for the love of the sport/winning over those just looking for a huge payday. He also provides some sort of position coaching. Hell, it’s been reported that he was the one who did the team evaluations for Belichic.

I’m almost 100% sure he’s the one that evaluates the team this offseason and found that Gaine just wasn’t up to the task.
Where was he labeled just a "motivational speaker"?

Mangler

Toro de España
Where was he labeled just a "motivational speaker"?
A few hundred posts back, different thread. You can go look for it, I ain’t going back looking for it. A few guys were asking what the big deal was (about Esterby) and why he’s been given full control of the organization, besides Cal.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
A few hundred posts back, different thread. You can go look for it, I ain’t going back looking for it. A few guys were asking what the big deal was (about Esterby) and why he’s been given full control of the organization, besides Cal.
I've read every comment every thread and never saw that. You make the claim, you back it up. At least narrow it to a specific thread and page, otherwise it's bunk. And who said he's been given full control as a player development guy is full of ****

perhaps your interpretation skills are severely lacking

michaelm

vox nihili
I've read every comment every thread and never saw that. You make the claim, you back it up. At least narrow it to a specific thread and page, otherwise it's bunk. And who said he's been given full control as a player development guy is full of ****

perhaps your interpretation skills are severely lacking
I've read it multiple times myself

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Not sure if the word JUST was specifically used, but in several post it was the only term used to describe him.
I haven't seen it, but if so then whoever made that comment is woefully uninformed or has an agenda

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Recent GM openings considered in this opinion?
Sure. None of us - including our beloved local press - has any idea how it all went down.

We don't know if Lil' Enis is going off the reservation his daddy built, or, if there is a consensus in the building about the GM.

Maybe O'Brien really is on the hot seat and Lil' Enis is doing his best Uncle Bud Adams impression.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Who is chortling? This is infuriating. O'Brien keeps doing stupid sh1t setting the franchise back again
What did OB do? He seemed pretty much talk to Cal the other day, and I got my talking to as well. Did not look or sound like someone in a power struggle

Dejaview

All Pro
Who is chortling? This is infuriating. O'Brien keeps doing stupid sh1t setting the franchise back again
On the Texans web page at a presser when asked OB stated there was no contact between Easterby or the franchise with Caserio. Also stated when asked when he was aware that he couldn’t work with BG was when Cal told him he fired him. OB also stated that he had zero contact with Cal regarding the firing. He implied it was Cal and “others” and Cal even told him what his expectations for him were. You need another approach.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Snidely Whiplash chortling is what I meant. You love being able to assume aspersions against OB and the Texans. Admit it, it's obvious

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Snidely Whiplash chortling is what I meant. You love being able to assume aspersions against OB and the Texans. Admit it, it's obvious
Well I enjoy being proven right. But I'd enjoy the Texans being a smart organization more

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Well I enjoy being proven right. But I'd enjoy the Texans being a smart organization more
You're still PO'd that Phillips wasn't made HC permanent. You've been down on the Texans ever since. None of your bashing comments surprise

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Ow that’s some “the Earth is really flat” level conspiracy sh!t right there. Hey I was driving by NGR the other day and someone had a fender bender. I can only assume BoB ran out and distracted the driver causing the wreck.

Max

Veteran
If the Texans are penalized over this, do we lose a draft pick? If so, what round pick?
A club or club employee found guilty of tampering should not expect that the resulting discipline will necessarily be comparable to the discipline that was imposed in any case that was decided prior to the 2015 League Year, even if the facts of the previously decided case were substantially similar to the facts of the case currently under consideration
https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/2018 Policies/7-2018 Anti-Tampering Policy-Clean Version.pdf

So all the old rulings go out the window to gauge what to expect. The only case I found after 2015 that might give us a sense of the potential penalty was the Chiefs for tampering w/ a player (Jeremy Maclin) and they lost a 3rd and a 6th round pick.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/2018 Policies/7-2018 Anti-Tampering Policy-Clean Version.pdf

So all the old rulings go out the window to gauge what to expect. The only case I found after 2015 that might give us a sense of the potential penalty was the Chiefs for tampering w/ a player (Jeremy Maclin) and they lost a 3rd and a 6th round pick.
Schwartz, 30, is entering his eighth NFL season — the last three with the Chiefs. In 2018, he was named a first-team All-Pro. Pro Football Focus gave him a stellar grade of 83.6 for the season — the highest of his career — and named him their Offensive Lineman of the Year.

According to NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport, Schwartz’ extention is worth $11.26 million, and makes him the second-highest paid right tackle in the NFL.
&&&
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/6/12/18662855/report-chiefs-right-tackle-mitchell-schwartz-signed-to-contract-extension
&&&
Speaking of the Chiefs looks like they just gave their all-pro tackle a new contract.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Lots of questions are surfacing about Jack Easterby's power and influence in the Texans front office, especially considering his lack of qualifications and history of BS:

Florio is basically insinuating that Easterby is a bullshit artist that has Cal McNair under his spell.

Firing O'Brien was only part of the solution. Hiring a new GM and HC will be extremely important, so it is acceptable to question the credentials of the Texans executive vice president of football operations.