Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston CJ Stroud

I'm looking forward to CJ's second season.
He will be already settled in to his new digs, will have some familiarity with his surroundings and will be more comfortable and less distracted.
He will have familiarity with his coaches and the playbook.
He will have familiarity with his teammates. Fine tuning with his Oline will be valuable.
And even though some new teammates will be coming in, he will have time to get familiarity with them in the preseason and some of these new guys will be upgrades to improve the team.
We know he has the mentality to get better so he should hit the ground running.
Yes, he has a tougher schedule this season, but we know he is going to be better and so is his team and coaching staff - who also will be better for the experience of last season together and they will now be armed with the knowledge they have a top notch QB and an improved roster.
Even though there may be bumps in the road, it should be a fun ride!
The 2024 season can't get here fast enough.

Ryans on CJ:-
"He can put the ball anywhere he needs to in a very accurate manner, and I think at that position, when you have a calm demeanor and your teammates see that, it's a confidence that exudes throughout the locker room. Those are the skills that allowed him to have one of the best rookie seasons for a quarterback in our league's history. (I'm) very excited about what C.J. did, but I'm also more excited about the things he can improve and where he can get better – definitely looking for a huge jump in his growth from year one to year two."
Here here...!

Man... this dude is humble, talented, intelligent, wise beyond his years (and probably exhibits more maturity than most of his counterparts), and exudes gratitude. True leader.
CJ... continue down that path, the greatness you've already experienced is but just the iceberg surfacing. The city of Houston and the NFL need more players/leaders like you.
Good interview, worth the watch/listen.

sidebar: anyone else lowkey wanting Kevin Hart & Snoop to be the next Collingsworth/Michaels on occasion... or am I just delusional? They could definitely collaborate with Manning/Manning on the MNF gig and probably get better ratings than the network feature game.

They're expressing their opinions just like you are. Texans of the past have done nothing to merit blind support in the present. Like TK said, until they prove something has changed, nothing has
I am revisiting this topic from much earlier in this thread.
JB: This is not a shot at you, but rather, I wanted to expound on the "until they prove something has changed" portion.

Looking back, almost everything has changed in this one short year. This message board isn't a mess of infighting anymore. The Texans have a new leader(s). The owner has a new confidence. Hell.....the team has new uniforms. We have hope.

So much has changed and it feel great.

I am revisiting this topic from much earlier in this thread.
JB: This is not a shot at you, but rather, I wanted to expound on the "until they prove something has changed" portion.

Looking back, almost everything has changed in this one short year. This message board isn't a mess of infighting anymore. The Texans have a new leader(s). The owner has a new confidence. Hell.....the team has new uniforms. We have hope.

So much has changed and it feel great.

A fantastic leader like Stroud can do wonders for a football community, especially if the guy is a future potential HOF QB

Stroud is a football savant. I still chuckle when thinking about the S2 crap. All they needed to do is talk to the guy and realize he's a football nerd. With an awttitude when talking ball. No wonder Hannah picked him.
Saw on X, Warren Sharp commented "C.J. Stroud is 22 and sounds like a 15 yr vet" when posting this clip, and later in his own comment section he said that "Stroud literally broke the S2."

Back