Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston CJ Stroud

CJ is certainly on a very short list of best ever rookie QB seasons. But he still has three games to go.
I like where your head is. This game will be his toughest test. If the Texans get by the Ravens, they'll meet the Niners in the SB.

Except for Charlie Weiss. He's worse than John Madden on football.
Weis is awful. I know he coached for years. But he is incapable of passing that knowledge to the audience. And his voice and delivery are like listening to nails across a chalkboard. How he has a job on the radio, much less national radio, is mystifying.

Weis is awful. I know he coached for years. But he is incapable of passing that knowledge to the audience. And his voice and delivery are like listening to nails across a chalkboard. How he has a job on the radio, much less national radio, is mystifying.
100%

He sounds like Madden with "that's an offense designed to score points". If your offense isn't designed to score points, it's not much of an offense. Just stupid responses with a silly voice. If you want true football knowledge, listen to Moving the Chains.

He sounds like Madden with "that's an offense designed to score points". If your offense isn't designed to score points, it's not much of an offense. Just stupid responses with a silly voice. If you want true football knowledge, listen to Moving the Chains.

Jim and Pat are very good. I also like Rich Gannon and Todd Haley, former Chiefs HC, during the day.

For anyone curious CJ had the highest score overall of both AFC and NFC and then lost to Baker Mayfield by one point in the finals. At the last second CJ threw a Hail Mary at the 10 point target to win. He hit the target but a little to much to the side for it to count. Afterwards for fun Mayfield threw at the 10 target and completely missed it by at least a foot.

It's amazing to see just how accurate CJ is even when he doesn't have a living WR to help. Not taking anything away from our receivers but the way he throws makes decent WRs look like they are good and good WRs look like they are great. I'd love to see what he could do with an already great WR.

Saw an interview with CJ and he was asked where he sees himself and he said"... definitely top 3."
I'm not sure if I'm there yet as we have Mahomes, Allen, Burrows, Jackson, Rogers, Stafford and Hurts in the mix.
I would put him just behind Stafford at this point - I want to see him with at least 6 more games under his belt before I place him higher.
I love our boy Stroud, but I hope he doesn't get a big head and get smacked back down to earth with a thud.
He's only young, so I expect he will mature quickly in this league.

Who's your pick to be next season's MVP?
Graziano: C.J. Stroud, QB, Texans. I'm banking on Houston pulling a Cincinnati and being aggressive this offseason to try to maximize its window with Stroud on a rookie contract. There were stretches this past season when he was in the MVP conversation, and a second year with offensive coordinator Bobby Slowik and some improvements around him should catapult him to the front of the field.
Reid: C.J. Stroud, QB, Texans. I believe the Texans are poised to make another jump in 2024, similar to what we saw the Lions do. After getting playoff experience and winning a wild-card game, the young core returns. Houston is likely to add more targets to the team's offense, and Stroud will likely continue to ascend with Slowik returning.

Stroud was a guess by Fanatics CEO Michael Rubin for the Reform Alliance, an organization seeking to change criminal justice laws.

Amber Rose set record straight.

Two big catastrophes avoided: the Kardashians and Amber Heard.

Back