Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 9 @ the Fish

I want to address this again. If we were talking about the NBA Draft I’d lean more towards this line of thinking. There are only a handful of game changers in the NBA draft.

but in the NFL draft it’s not uncommon for the best player in the draft to be drafted outside the top 5 in every round

While true, the odds of drafting great players are increased with the higher picks and it's not just about 1-1 for me, it's more about being able to find above avg starting level players at 3-1 and 4-1 which are essentially 2nd/3rd rd round picks. Plus it gives you greater ability to move up and down the draft to get the players you want.

So with the current coaching staff, do you think they have the ability to install scheme and coach up marginal talent?

I think Lovie’s defense is a proven defined scheme with a track record of success. Sure there are obvious weaknesses, but with better players that are easier to find because you have a clearly defined scheme those weaknesses are minimized.

On offense, I am not sold there is any sort of plan as long as Tim Kelly has his fingerprints on the offense.

I think Lovie’s defense is a proven defined scheme with a track record of success. Sure there are obvious weaknesses, but with better players that are easier to find because you have a clearly defined scheme those weaknesses are minimized.

On offense, I am not sold there is any sort of plan as long as Tim Kelly has his fingerprints on the offense.
I’m leaning towards Kyle Hamilton for this defense.

1-7 and likely 1-8
5 page game thread
lame duck ’star QB’ with legal problems
Questionable ownership, front office, and coaching
sigh
giphy.gif

Two possessions starting inside the 35

two field goals. Just watching what we’re watching I know if Miami gets inside the 35 our defense won’t keep them out of the end zone

Back