Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 9 starts in HTown: Eagles vs Texans

Only way this can be competitive is if Eagles have a 'let down' or 'trap' game. If Cooks is traded, could remain ugly on offense with Collins probably still out. The opposite of an embarrassment of riches on offense. Wager accordingly!

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Philly will crush us. :lol:

It's the worst team in the league vs the best. Supposedly. I don't see the Texans losing by anything less than 20 or more. Pierce is practically all we got and we'll wear him out soon enough. We'll have to get another good RB next year or Pierce's shelf life will shrink quickly.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
This is gonna be the worst game on Thursday night football...& that's saying something b/c there have been some absolute stinkers on there this year. I've only missed watching a Texans game if i had something else going on.....This might be the 1st one i consider not watching despite having nothing going on b/c i just believe its going to be cringe-worthy bad on our side.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Going to be another embarrassing performance by both the offense and defense. This team is more physical than the Titans.
Eagles 45
Texans 13

vtech9

All Pro
Maybe a blowout loss is what we need to get things rolling. Get rid of Pep, and make Ben McDaniels the OC to see if he has what it takes. Who do we have on the coaching staff that can take over the Defense?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Philly will crush us. :lol:

It's the worst team in the league vs the best. Supposedly. I don't see the Texans losing by anything less than 20 or more. Pierce is practically all we got and we'll wear him out soon enough. We'll have to get another good RB next year or Pierce's shelf life will shrink quickly.
We should all be thankful for that tie as we are one half game better than Detroit Lions!

Pierce probably will not be here in 2 years when we hopefully show what the rebuild got us.

To paraphrase Sonny and Cher .. the beatdown goes on!

badboy

Hall of Fame
This is gonna be the worst game on Thursday night football...& that's saying something b/c there have been some absolute stinkers on there this year. I've only missed watching a Texans game if i had something else going on.....This might be the 1st one i consider not watching despite having nothing going on b/c i just believe its going to be cringe-worthy bad on our side.
See! We are right there with other NFL stinkers! In 2 years with really good offseasons we could be.. average!

badboy

Hall of Fame
If Cann is back in the lineup, the offense should be better. If we have to depend on McCray and McDermott to protect Mills, and open holes for Pierce, the offense will completely suck.
With Cann back in the lineup score will be what.. 45 to 3 Eagles?

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Being a TNF game, strange things might happen.

Uncharacteristic turnovers, flags, etc.

This game might go into overtime for all we know.

A high scoring affair .
Maybe even a 24-24 tie. :brando:

texanhead08

All Pro
The Astros won't be playing on Thursday night. They will have the day off. FOX is showing TNF here in Houston so I guess it was a scheduling conflict,

Personally I would rather watch the Astros than the bloodbath the Texans game is going to be.

The rainout Monday moved everything back a day so the Astros will be playing Thursday. The Texans got a break no one will notice them getting their brains beat in because the Astros will be playing at the same time. If they play like they did tonight it might be just as depressing.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The rainout Monday moved everything back a day so the Astros will be playing Thursday. The Texans got a break no one will notice them getting their brains beat in because the Astros will be playing at the same time. If they play like they did tonight it might be just as depressing.
Channel 20 will broadcast the Thursday night game to local Houston area. Astros will be on channel 26.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
No reason to wait for the postgame analysis, might as well start now as it is so predictable.

Defensive line will get blasted and embarrassed on national TV this time
LB's will come up and fill the inside while the ball carrier sweeps by them on the outside, netting 8.5 yds/carry on the night
Defensive backs will play ok, probably get a pick, but defense gives up 31 points

Mills will have a couple of good throws where his pre snap read is actually right, 150 total yards passing, no TD's and a pick. He will complete 62% though, main yardage to the tight ends...
DP will run hard and get accolades on how he is being wasted and abused on such a bad team and he is the only weapon. Due to good coaching, Eagles shut him down for 55 yards on 20 carries
We will get 3 pictures of a dis-interested Brandin Cooks, at least 1 simple drop as he does not give a crap
If Nico plays, we will see him get re-injured for the year

Lovie will be stoic on the sidelines even down 28
Special teams will play a good game, Care Bear kicks a 43 yarder for our only points
A couple of comments on the sparse crowd should be on the agenda, or more likely how many Eagles fans are in their causing a raucous

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
No reason to wait for the postgame analysis, might as well start now as it is so predictable.

LB's will come up and fill the inside while the ball carrier sweeps by them on the outside, netting 8.5 yds/carry on the night
Defensive backs will play ok, probably get a pick, but defense gives up 31 points

Mills will have a couple of good throws where his pre snap read is actually right, 150 total yards passing, no TD's and a pick. He will complete 62% though, main yardage to the tight ends...
DP will run hard and get accolades on how he is being wasted and abused on such a bad team and he is the only weapon. Due to good coaching, Eagles shut him down for 55 yards on 20 carries
We will get 3 pictures of a dis-interested Brandin Cooks, at least 1 simple drop as he does not give a crap

Special teams will play a good game, Care Bear kicks a 43 yarder for our only points
A couple of comments on the sparse crowd should be on the agenda, or more likely how many Eagles fans are in their causing a raucous
Well.

I'm glad we got that out of the way.

badboy

Hall of Fame
So based on their last game both Houston teams could be stomped same night? I'm sure it has but has it been done before? Wait do the Rockets play Thursday night?🤔 a trifecta!

badboy

Hall of Fame

Well you could have given us a spoiler alert!

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Someone send the Eagles to a bad deli and order them a cheesesteak so the team and coaches will spend 8 hours arguing how a philly cheesesteak is made and the Texans can win by default.

Last edited:

austins23

Hall of Fame
Someone send the Eagles to a bad deli and order them a cheesesteak so the team and coaches will spend 8 hours arguing how a philly cheesesteak is made and the Texans can win by default.
Send em to DW4’s place… maybe they all get a “massage” and all get suspended. Our only chance!

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
I would but the one in Houston that I would recommend for takeout has now been closed for some reason.