Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 8 vs Aaron Donald

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Whatever the point spread is, add about 10 to 15 points for reality's sake.
I used to know a very crooked plumber who I asked how do you come up with the cost on your proposals? He said "I quote it and then double it", sounds like our Vegas spreads

sandman

Brexit Advisor
I know how the scheduling works, but man they are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to opposing defenses.

The have so far played:
Top 4 in total yards
Top 3 (and 4 of Top 7) in passing yards
3 of Top 10 in rushing yards
5 of Top 10 in points allows
4 of Top 8 in takeaways

Rams are middling in terms of yardage allowed, but #8 in points allowed and #6 in takeways.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Taylor is unlikely to start this game. He is just being released from IR. No set time when he will actually return to practice. He needs at least a full week of practice to gradually get his hamstring used to football stress before letting loose on the field for a game. Meanwhile, 1st team reps go to Mills.
Well, at least Mills is looking bad against good defenses.

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Is there any chance that Kelly may change his plan of attack…..or does he continue to try and maintain his tried and true 2nd/3rd and long offense?

Every football fan on this planet knows that the Texans have absolutely no chance of using the run game to set up their passing game…..except Kelly. If Mills is at his very best with mid-range passes (5-15 yds) then let him use a short quick passing game in lieu of running the ball to move the chains. At some point, even Kelly should come to the conclusion that it’s time to try something different.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Is there any chance that Kelly may change his plan of attack…..or does he continue to try and maintain his tried and true 2nd/3rd and long offense?

Every football fan on this planet knows that the Texans have absolutely no chance of using the run game to set up their passing game…..except Kelly. If Mills is at his very best with mid-range passes (5-15 yds) then let him use his short quick passing game in lieu of running the ball to move the chains. At some point, even Kelly should come to the conclusion that it’s time to try something different.
His mentor spent seven seasons running it up the middle on first downs...

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Texian might have an opinion of who should have been drafted...
I’m burying that hatchet, I’ve enjoyed his most recent posts and assessments.

some people get it, most don’t it’s ok, but drafts are either in your blood or not. All under the bridge now, but must have been between Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald, somehow they canceled each other out and left Clowney (Romeo call).

Have yet to see a decisive, well tuned and oiled Texan war room. One can only dream….

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club

some people get it, most don’t it’s ok, but drafts are either in your blood or not. All under the bridge now, but must have been between Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald, somehow they canceled each other out and left Clowney (Romeo call).

Have yet to see a decisive, well tuned and oiled Texan war room. One can only dream….
If it makes you feel better, Im sure at least one or two members in the Texans organization play with army men.

I prefer legos myself but there are never enough.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Let me know when its safe to watch a competitive Texans game again. For now i’m making other plans during my Sunday afternoons. Like I should’ve been doing the last 20 years or so…

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

True

You were the only draftnik that wanted Donald. Kudos

76Texan

Hall of Fame

I don't remember whether it was you or badboy that I agreed with, but Khalil Mack was another choice.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
It's gonna be a long fuckin day in H-town.
I hope so, today counts as a vacation day so I don't mind drawing it out.

I would normally be getting ready to go in right now. No matter how ugly thr day for the Texans... its a good day for me.