Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 7 Texans in Vegas

The offense is not the problem today. They have no turnovers, and 1 punt now. Moved the ball all day. The defense is embarrassing. Christian Harris debut is no bueno. Watching the LB's fill the wrong gaps is hilarious. Watching the missed tackles and yards after contact is embarrassing. DP and Mills have played fine today.
The play calling on a lot of the stalled drives is a problem. And I’ve said several times the defense is straight up dumpster juice. My fat ash could rush for over 100 yards on them. Lol

Got cute, instead of lining up a TE behind Mills and letting him push Mills for a 1st down.

BTW, wasn't the defense really bad last yr and a lot of draft resources were spent to improve the defense? At what point do questions need to be asked? This scheme is outdated, unless you've got an Urlacher in the middle and the Texans darn sure dont have that guy in their LB corps.
Questions should be asked about relying on the scrub LBs from last year.

DL not even trying to hold their ground... they're trying to rush the passer every run play

Accuray is what p
People are overeacting but when our starting quarterback is more decisive and throws with more accuarcy than he has up to this point in the season it is bound to happen. I think it is fair to say as a team we are not very good but it would be huge if Mills could be the quarterback of the future for our team. Sure, we won't be playing teams from here on out that are as bad or worse than we are but it is only natural to get excited about things that are going well!
Significant Incremental improvements

Questions should be asked about relying on the scrub LBs from last year.
Why?

They're working the young LBs into the game. Wallow & Cashman have been getting snaps & Harris too many today.

They're not ready to start yet, but it's not like they aren't trying to get them in

Why?

They're working the young LBs into the game. Wallow & Cashman have been getting snaps & Harris too many today.

They're not ready to start yet, but it's not like they aren't trying to get them in

Could nepotism be part of the issue with the LB corps?

They should just let the opposing team score on the 1st play of every drive in the 4th quarter. Quit draining time off the clock. Put the offense on the field. See if they can score because this defense isn't stopping a peewee league team in the 4th quarter

Got cute, instead of lining up a TE behind Mills and letting him push Mills for a 1st down.

BTW, wasn't the defense really bad last yr and a lot of draft resources were spent to improve the defense? At what point do questions need to be asked? This scheme is outdated, unless you've got an Urlacher in the middle and the Texans darn sure dont have that guy in their LB corps.

Caserio needs to add 2 nasty defensive players in the middle of his defense. Give me DT- Jalen Carter, Georgia (RD1) and ILB- Jack Campbell, Iowa (RD2 or RD3)…..that would be a solid start.

The scheme deficiencies are well known, but let me ask this: are you willing to boot Lovie because of it? As long as he is the HC or DC this is what you will get.

Back