Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 7 Texans in Vegas

Wasn’t really sure why the Texans fired the last guy (can’t remember his name or be bothered to look it up either) and I wondered what Lovie Smith’s hiring was about. Now I think he’ll be gone at the end of the year too. I really believe that. Lovie, Pep, the whole bunch will be out the door post 2022. No idea what the point of any of this was.

The scheme deficiencies are well known, but let me ask this: are you willing to boot Lovie because of it? As long as he is the HC or DC this is what you will get.

Nope, Lovie's still perfect for the rebuild.

High picks will be coming as more talent is added to this team.

I'm thinking no QB this draft and drafting to fix the DL early in the draft and the LB's in FA.

The End

BTW, Mills played well today.

Mills and Jordan need to get on the same page if Jordan's going to be out there as much as he was today. At least they kept the game close for 3 qtrs.
That was all wiped away with a pick 6 in which he was staring down his receiver the entire time.

Mills problem isn't talent.. it's consistency. Awful way to end the game.. doesn't do justice to the performance he had today.
Imagine how different this game would have been if the defense got a stop in the 3rd qtr

Once McDaniels figured Lovie out, they turned it on.

Davis is down 3 TDs, pocket is getting smaller you knew that was coming.

When you’re in obvious passing situations to have to win the game, you dont have much talent and your go to guy is out……thats the kind of stuff that happens. Mills had to try to make something happen down field to try to get back in the game and he forced it…have seen much better qbs do the same thing late.

he played well enough to win..i wont hold that pick against him.

That was all wiped away with a pick 6 in which he was staring down his receiver the entire time.
Not even remotely true that his game was all wiped away with one bad stare down throw. He played great throughout - made plays with his feet, improvised, was accurate. Sadly, a bad pick but still a real good game. The deficiencies on defense were highlighted more this game.

Caserio needs to add 2 nasty defensive players in the middle of his defense. Give me DT- Jalen Carter, Georgia (RD1) and ILB- Jack Campbell, Iowa (RD2 or RD3)…..that would be a solid start.
Starting to think I’ve seen enough of Lovie the defensive coordinator, never mind as head coach. Needs to be 1 and done to me, I love Lovie the guy I’m not enjoying watching his D play, I would not say he’s got a fair crack of the whip in this job, given all the dysfunction that’s gone before, but I don’t see Lovie turning this around, I don’t think his D scheme works anymore, and if it does, he needs to have done a better job of identifying talent in the middle rounds. 2 years in and he hasn’t found a quality player to take forward in his front 7.

Back