Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 7 @ Arizona

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
The only thing we as fans can hope for……The Cardinals are looking way, way, way past the Texans. Also, Kelly closes the “OB Offensive Playbook of Champions for Idiots 101” and sits down with other coaches and states, they are going to blitz our arses until someone on the Texans sidelines realizes this game isn’t like boxing where you can throw in a towel from the sideline signaling to all involved that your team has had enough….so we have to open the attack right out of the gate and hopefully catch them on their heels by using a 2-minute no-huddle offense. Try moving the ball via short quick passes until the defense loosens up and then run the ball at Watt who over pursues a lot of running plays.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Whats the modern record for biggest point spread ?
Very large.

Still, the line for the Texans/Cards game was originally 14.5 (as of last Sunday).

A couple of hours after the late afternoon game, the spread started to move up to 17.

It's been between 17.5 and 18.5 at the moment, and that's with their HC working from home.

Last edited:

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Could see the Cards putting up a 50 burger ..... and pitch a shut out.

Anyone want those 18.5 points ?

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Ehh, the last few years he was here we sucked with him too….when he was healthy and on the field that is and all it’s gonna take for them to miss the playoffs is for Murray to either be hurt (like last year) or for him to be contained from running around….The league just hasn’t caught up to what Kingsbury is doing..but it’s coming very soon imo b/c they always catch up…

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Interesting math if I did it right: Since the Texans existence, Houston and Arizona had the same number of wins coming into this season (135), with Houston having the edge in winning seasons 8-5 and playoff appearances 6-4.

And yes, before you say it I know that they made it to a Superb Owl (with a HoF QB) during this time.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Yes it would, but they probably only need 5 or 6 more wins to make it. And Sunday is going to be a cake walk for them. They could be one and done though depending on who they get round one.
9 wins will likely put a team into the playoffs.
They should be 7-0 by this weekend, with the Lions still to play.

Hard to see how they don't get to at least 9.

Last edited:

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Their current SOS is mid-pack as they have only played two teams with current winning records and they have only three good teams remaining on their schedule in Packers, Rams and Cowboys. Playing the schedule that was given to them, but feels very paper tiger-ish.

They've also been a second half of season fader in Murray's two seasons.

Rookie year started 3-3-1 before the Bye Week, then 2-7 the rest of the way.

Last year started 5-2 before the Bye Week, then went 3-6 the rest of the way.

Coincidentally, the Texans are getting them after their Bye Week, so who knows!

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Their current SOS is mid-pack as they have only played two teams with current winning records and they have only three good teams remaining on their schedule in Packers, Rams and Cowboys. Playing the schedule that was given to them, but feels very paper tiger-ish.

They've also been a second half of season fader in Murray's two seasons.

Rookie year started 3-3-1 before the Bye Week, then 2-7 the rest of the way.

Last year started 5-2 before the Bye Week, then went 3-6 the rest of the way.

Coincidentally, the Texans are getting them after their Bye Week, so who knows!
well they HANDLED the Rams…but that’s a division game & you always get up for those teams…offensively I think they’re pretty stout, defensively they’re suspect tho. Thing with them tho is too much of what they do depends on Murray’s brilliance…& him running around buying time. & DC’s will slow him in the playoffs if not before then. It’ll be at that point when we see what type of team they are. I don’t think there’s too much there tho.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Per J. J.

"So, it's not like, I'm like, 'Oh, I want to go and beat my old team' or 'Oh, I can't wait to face this guy,' because it's not the same team. It's not the same organization that I remember and that I was a part of."

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Interesting to hear J.J. talk about being a team player and nobody wanting personal glory when he was all about marketing J.J. Watt, Inc. as a commodity as a Texan. I guess not being the biggest dog on the defense makes the ego a bit more humble.

My son said that when Kyler Murray runs he looks like the worlds fastest toddler. I can't unsee that now. lol

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Earl34

Hall of Fame
That's funny.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy watching him play (and I didn't want to like him because of the draft hype), but as a football fan I just have to be honest and admit my bias was wrong.

That said, we can still have fun lol

Kyler Murray Longest Career Runs - ( Worlds Fastest Toddler)

NFL won't let me post the video so the above is a link to it.
It's all in fun. I still have questions about his durability but he is playing great football.

Similar to Mahomes and Andy Reid, Kingsbury and Murray are a match made in football heaven. I've not seen two QBs get drafted by teams that were able to implement what their QBs did in college at the NFL level like the Chiefs and Cardinals. Kudos to both players and coaches.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Is there a purpose to playing the Arizona game? Just award them the win and don't play and save everyone the time, trouble and wear and tear on their bodies.

Otherwise it's a 25 or more point loss. Arizona will eat us alive.
IF it were a home game for us... I would say "Yes, JJ deserves to know what it feels like to win at NRG."

Since it's away... can't think of one.

texanhead08

All Pro
Interesting to hear J.J. talk about being a team player and nobody wanting personal glory when he was all about marketing J.J. Watt, Inc. as a commodity as a Texan. I guess not being the biggest dog on the defense makes the ego a bit more humble.

My son said that when Kyler Murray runs he looks like the worlds fastest toddler. I can't unsee that now. lol

Not to mention he is known for not playing the system and freelancing plus what he was being paid with all the injuries he wasn't playing at the level he was being paid at anymore. The Texans did him a solid but cutting him instead of trading him.