Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 5 Texans vs Jaguars

Texansballer74

The Marine
You really have a way about you. No need for optimism at the beginning of a rebuild.
Some people I rather ignore, that’s why they don’t get a response from me. The way this team is losing has nothing to do with any type of rebuild. Lovie, Caserio and Pep been around this business for quite some time. Their coaching decision are mind boggling.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Some people I rather ignore, that’s why they don’t get a response from me. They way this team is losing has nothing to do with any type of rebuild. Lovie, Caserio and Pep been around this business for quite some time. Their coaching decision are mind boggling.
Agreed and everybody but Caserio will be gone after next season.

What did you expect this rebuild to look like? Most said they wanted close games and that's happened.

DanielTx

Veteran
jags 27-10. Like I stated before the first game, I dont think there’s anyone on this roster who are winners and breakout players. The Texans are Walmart, the other teams are the loui, gucci and whatever high brands people buy now a days. I can’t blame Lovie Smith because this organization has been on the downhill since they allowed Ob to trade a top 2 receiver at the time for a 3rd pick. There’s no one in this organization at this moment that I believe can change the situation. Texans are better off trading there best players right now in hope for first & second rounders. Tunsil is overrated, I still believe the best player on the team is the 35 year old jerry Hughes and that says a lot

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Jags have been fast starters...If we can mitigate that defensively we'll have a chance. Lawrence fumbled the rock 4 times last week in rainy conditions. Expect for him to be extra careful with the ball this week. Pederson's offense is alot of short throws designed to get the ball in his quick playmakers hands quickly & let them do what they do in space...Expect alot of flare routes with Etienne and smoke routes with Agnew/Kirk. So from our standpoint, we'll need to be on our game in terms of open field tackling out on the edges. Can't let those guys get loose b/c they have the speed to take it to the house if they make it to the 2nd level.

Offensively, i want to see more of Pierce off-tackle being led by Hairston...Hairston is a MONSTER and he is clearing ANYONE out of the way for Pierce...they work well together and I'd be fine taking a TE or WR off the field to get him more snaps with Pierce as a lead blocker. I'd like to see them put Allen in the mix on the edges & make him make decisions instead of teeing off. Same for Walker. Devin Llyod is a problem, but i think we can wear him down with the run game occasionally hitting him with a pop pass with Howard/Akins. I also want to see them allowing Mills to challenge deep...Doesn't have to be 4 WO formations, i think we can hit some deep stuff with 2 WO formations with a TE.

Whether Lovie & Pep do any of this is anyone's guess, but they need to do something other than what they've been doing b/c that **** ain't been working.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
This is one of those games the only outcome that might get any level of surprise out of me is a tie. Even that would only be a small amount

While the Texans are still the Texans.... the Jags are the Jags. So win or lose, both outcomes seem equally inevitable depending on which team clings to their tradition the most.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Trevor Lawrence has taken a big step in year 2. As many 2nd year QBs do. He knows where he wants to go with the ball and gets it out of his hand quicker. He's scrambled a lot less. Throwing into double coverage less. Learning to be an NFL QB. Playing like the best QB from his draft class, which Lawrence is.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
If we see Christian Harris at all this Sunday, I suspect that it will mostly or exclusively at STs.
Not unexpected but hopefully it will give him time to get into game shape.

Has anyone noticed how much better the tackling is on ST from defense? Maybe they need to rotate the starting defense in meetings with Frank Ross so he can teach them how to wrap up?

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Toss up here. The Jags have started fast but not sustained. Our D has played the 1st half good and then they gas in the 2nd half sometime. Can we come out and hold them and score? If so we have a shot

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Trevor Lawrence has taken a big step in year 2. As many 2nd year QBs do. He knows where he wants to go with the ball and gets it out of his hand quicker. He's scrambled a lot less. Throwing into double coverage less. Learning to be an NFL QB. Playing like the best QB from his draft class, which Lawrence is.
New offense, new coach too. That's why the excuse about that is out the window

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Didn't Lawrence have a record 4 fumbles and a pick last week? The best QB in the class? Can you imagine this MB if Mills had this happen to him last week?

Maybe conformation bias?

The defense is carrying that team.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Didn't Lawrence have a record 4 fumbles and a pick last week? The best QB in the class? Can you imagine this MB if Mills had this happen to him last week?

Maybe conformation bias?

Call me crazy but if the Colts were missing both starting WRs against the Texans like they were against the Jags I suspect the Texans would have continued dominating them into the 4th quarter and come out with a W instead of a tie…

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

Maybe conformation bias?

Don’t let facts get in the way of an agenda.

I am waiting for the usual “Jags have made it to an AFC Conference game vs the Texans never have. How can the Texans criticize their franchise?”

I had sushi once and that doesn’t make me a Samurai.

Jags still suck. Always will.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Why do you suspect that? Because he won’t be in game shape or something? That still has to be better than what they’ve been trotting out there so far.
If for no other reason than the staff has a rule. Miss "X" time and you will be put on a "ramp up program". Until then and you finish the period, you will be able to do the small things only.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Don’t let facts get in the way of an agenda.

I am waiting for the usual “Jags have made it to an AFC Conference game vs the Texans never have. How can the Texans criticize their franchise?”

I had sushi once and that doesn’t make me a Samurai.

Jags still suck. Always will.
I've had a massage before doesn't make me.... oh wait... I reached my limit for mocking him today.

Punchline later.

But yeah, Jags will find a way to underwhelm even when they shouldn't.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Why do you suspect that? Because he won’t be in game shape or something? That still has to be better than what they’ve been trotting out there so far.
First, he's missed most of TC. Second, STs play mostly straight ahead..........LB position requires acute changes of direction........very significant stress for a hamstring that hasn't been completely tested (especially since it is unlikely that he could be in game shape this quickly). When the Texans first announced his injury the first week in August, said stated that "it is a minor hamstring." In fact, it was a Grade II tear...........2 months out............very high risk in return in the first 3 weeks of return..........with significantly increased risk continuing for 1 year.

edo783

Hall of Fame
Well folks, I think this one might get ugly. The Jags have proven themselves to be much more competent than anyone thought they would be at the start of the season. Jags 38 Texans 10