Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 5 - Patriots Bowl

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
ALERT!!

The Patriots placed starting left tackle Isaiah Wynn and starting left guard Mike Onwenu on the COVID-19 list today. It’s unclear if they tested positive or have been deemed close contacts.

The protocols for their return depend on their vaccination status — it’s undisclosed whether Wynn or Onwenu are vaccinated — leaving open the possibility they could miss this week’s game against the Texans in Houston.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
ALERT!!

The Patriots placed starting left tackle Isaiah Wynn and starting left guard Mike Onwenu on the COVID-19 list today. It’s unclear if they tested positive or have been deemed close contacts.

The protocols for their return depend on their vaccination status — it’s undisclosed whether Wynn or Onwenu are vaccinated — leaving open the possibility they could miss this week’s game against the Texans in Houston.
If either, even if vaccinated, actually tested positive, he could miss this week's game.

Texansballer74

The Marine

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Patriots North vs. Patriots South. Can't wait. :lol:
Can you really call us Patriots South? It’s more like Coke and New Coke. Because New Coke was awful.

“New Coke didn't only fail because it tasted too sweet — it failed because the marketing campaigns, business structures, and company culture at Coke doomed it from the beginning.”

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Can you really call us Patriots South? It’s more like Coke and New Coke. Because New Coke was awful.

“New Coke didn't only fail because it tasted too sweet — it failed because the marketing campaigns, business structures, and company culture at Coke doomed it from the beginning.”

If Patriots are Coke then the Texans are the New Coke. Tasted more like Pepsi.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Bit of luck maybe.

He just wants mo money.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Number19

Hall of Fame
Quarterback Mills needs to have a good game. Let that thing fly with some zip and confidence.
Does Mills call the plays? Mills will run the plays that are sent in and can only "let that thing fly" if or when given the opportunity.

Against the Bills he only had 21 pass attempts and most were of the short, quick variety. Just off the top of my head he only had 3 attempts down the field, although there may have been a couple more I don't recall.

The point is, Mills doesn't control the game plan.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Does Mills call the plays? Mills will run the plays that are sent in and can only "let that thing fly" if or when given the opportunity.

Against the Bills he only had 21 pass attempts and most were of the short, quick variety. Just off the top of my head he only had 3 attempts down the field, although there may have been a couple more I don't recall.

The point is, Mills doesn't control the game plan.
I’m talking executing the plays that are being sent in. If he’s able to get it going/ command the offense. They will allow him to sling it more.

Number19

Hall of Fame
I’m talking executing the plays that are being sent in. If he’s able to get it going/ command the offense. They will allow him to sling it more.
I know you are likely to find something to complain about, but against the Bills, Mills did a fair job of executing the plays sent in, in the 4th Q. 11 pass attempts with 8 completions. It was the run game which failed and you can't possibly put that on Mills.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I know you are likely to find something to complain about, but against the Bills, Mills did a fair job of executing the plays sent in, in the 4th Q. 11 pass attempts with 8 completions. It was the run game which failed and you can't possibly put that on Mills.
Later on; maybe in the off-season, I may come back to analyze his game and really critique it then.
Right now, I'd just let things play out.
Criticizing him now only makes people say/think I'm not giving him a chance.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Later on; maybe in the off-season, I may come back to analyze his game and really critique it then.
Right now, I'd just let things play out.
Criticizing him now only makes people say/think I'm not giving him a chance.
That's fair.

For all, for convenience, here are the pass attempts:
1st Q
13:53
10:10
7:18
7:07
1:54
:42
:15
2 nd Q
11:35
6:27
6:20
1:49
3rd Q
8:12
6:58
6:11
5:30
4th Q
13:24
13:06
10:17
10:00
9:20
8:20
3:36
3:03
2:57
2:30
2:13
2:00
1:35

76Texan

Hall of Fame
That's fair.

For all, for convenience, here are the pass attempts:
1st Q
13:53
10:10
7:18
7:07
1:54
:42
:15
2 nd Q
11:35
6:27
6:20
1:49
3rd Q
8:12
6:58
6:11
5:30
4th Q
13:24
13:06
10:17
10:00
9:20
8:20
3:36
3:03
2:57
2:30
2:13
2:00
1:35
Don't worry, I have the game.
And the play by play can be found easily, here, for example:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
What exactly is it that CAN be put on Mills? Unbelievable with the excuses for this dude. I get that there's plenty of blame to go around, but they've scored 9 points in 2 games with this guy at QB. 1 TD, 4 INT, 2 of 18 3rd down conversions, and 20 total 1st downs in those 2 games.

Yeah the run game sucks, the OL run blocking is shit, and other than Cooks, there's no playmaker on this team, but they did score 51 points in 6 quarters with Taylor driving the bus with this same group of crap. Oh wait, yeah, there's the much better defenses that Mills has had to play excuse. Almost forgot about that one.