Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 4 Excitement Thread!

Here is what I really love about this team and coaches…with the Texans up 23-6 with about 3 1/2 minutes left in the game CJ hits Collins for a 52 yard TD. I can’t even remember anytime in Texans history where they wouldn’t be running out the clock at that point. Players gotta love that. If anyone can get that post game locker room speech by DeMeco posted on that tweets thread it is a speech worth remembering. It’s on the Texans site.

Been over on the Texans web watching the post game interviews. CJ is a football savvy dude, man. Guy is really smart and detailed in his answers. He has a phenomenal memory for each play in the game. just bleeds football. Anderson is the same and they both let it out how much this team feeds off of DeMecos enthusiasm.

I decided I needed a Jersey, my last one was Cushing, lol. It’s a big decision for me with the price and all. I picked whom I think I can be most proud of.
241c8ad90faa9d642dad44dc2e256858.jpg

I couldn’t write Coach Ryans, so nickname it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been over on the Texans web watching the post game interviews. CJ is a football savvy dude, man. Guy is really smart and detailed in his answers. He has a phenomenal memory for each play in the game. just bleeds football. Anderson is the same and they both let it out how much this team feeds off of DeMecos enthusiasm.
I’m hoping our new coach/ culture attracts a few more quality vets. I’m also pleased with our draft and hope we can duplicate it the next couple of years…

I love how the rookies look. CJ and Tank have been great. Patterson has done a good job holding down the center position. WAJ is making plays and commanding a lot of attention. Horton did a great job sniffing out that screen today for the TFL. To'oTo'o has been improving each week.

This draft class has been A+ so far and we haven't even seen Juice yet.

The Texans next six games:

Falcons
Saints
Panthers
Buccaneers
Bengals
Cardinals

Call me crazy but I can see The Toros beating all six of those teams plus beating the Titans and Jags again. 9-10 wins is not as impossible as it sounded at the beginning of the season.
Buccaneers, Bengals, Cardinals will most likely be a totally different team 3 weeks from today than what we've been seeing.

How does this game with Pittsburgh compare to the "kick the door down" of Bum Phillips Oilers? Oilers were going for much larger prize yet that team was thought to be much better and the entire city seemed to be behind them.

Both were games in a schedule that might lead to intense fan excitement; the one of yesteryear was end of season while this one closer to the beginning. This one too should have people discussing the team around water coolers and in elevators.

Both offered fans optimism for the future. One was 'wait until next year' and this one 'I can't wait until next Sunday'.

The Oiler game had touch of bitterness. This one a honey sweetness.

Oilers had two games of disappointment. Texans contentment and vast satisfaction with a stirring of swagger for players and fans.

Oilers offered Bud Adams.

Texans have Hannah McNair.

How does this game with Pittsburgh compare to the "kick the door down" of Bum Phillips Oilers? Oilers were going for much larger prize yet that team was thought to be much better and the entire city seemed to be behind them.

Both were games in a schedule that might lead to intense fan excitement; the one of yesteryear was end of season while this one closer to the beginning. This one too should have people discussing the team around water coolers and in elevators.

Both offered fans optimism for the future. One was 'wait until next year' and this one 'I can't wait until next Sunday'.

The Oiler game had touch of bitterness. This one a honey sweetness.

Oilers had two games of disappointment. Texans contentment and vast satisfaction with a stirring of swagger for players and fans.

Oilers offered Bud Adams.

Texans have Hannah McNair.
This team is not there yet. Luv Ya Blue had built over 3 years .

The thing that keeps pulling me in with this group is how similar this is to the career start of David Carr. Top of the first round rookie QB, highly touted with (presumably) all the tools and a problem from day one with his OL. Consider how similar these two career beginnings are and then look at how different they're turning out. Stroud is doing things in week four that David Carr never did and he's coping with the exact same kind of protection issues. This is amazing to watch.

When he hit Nico Collins for that long TD in stride it made me think "What would AJ have been able to do with a QB like this from day one?" You see Stroud do it from a wide range of distances. He can track a moving target which is something that Carr never could do. Schaub could but he didn't have the arm strength to take complete advantage of it.

The thing that keeps pulling me in with this group is how similar this is to the career start of David Carr. Top of the first round rookie QB, highly touted with (presumably) all the tools and a problem from day one with his OL. Consider how similar these two career beginnings are and then look at how different they're turning out. Stroud is doing things in week four that David Carr never did and he's coping with the exact same kind of protection issues. This is amazing to watch.

When he hit Nico Collins for that long TD in stride it made me think "What would AJ have been able to do with a QB like this from day one?" You see Stroud do it from a wide range of distances. He can track a moving target which is something that Carr never could do. Schaub could but he didn't have the arm strength to take complete advantage of it.

Let's just say that people wouldn't be talking about Calvin Johnson.

What is interesting about Nico is that his combine numbers really are not that far off Andre's.

I didn't know that, but your thought made me look it up.

Nico looked extremely explosive running in space. He made Steeler DB's look like they were throwing in mud. Amazing how much Nico was being held back by the prior offense.

Texans fans have found out the last two weeks.

It is really hard to lose games when you aren't turning the ball over and you are avoiding negative plays.

Team is going to live and die with CJ's decision making. He very much deserves the Joe Burrow comp at this point in time. Jared Goff albeit accurate, isn't this good.

The moment I realized how different this team is from almost all previous Texans teams came on the first drive.

When the Stroud TD was overturned on review.
The Stroud QB sneak TD was brought back by a false start.
The Pearce TD was brought back by ineligible man down field.

At that point I know for sure I wasn't the only one thinking... same old Texans smgdh.

But they wouldn't be denied. Stroud wouldn't be denied.

I knew at that point that this team is unlike any one before it.

Amplifying factors along the way that reinforced that feeling:
Various types of screen passes that actually worked and gained nice yardage.
A half back pass that actually worked and scored a TD.
Multiple 3rd and long situations that were converted with what seemed like considerable ease.

Every aspect of this team feels... competent.

This team feels different, for sure. But I have to find a way to temper my enthusiasm. It's probably a little early to be too confident

Just got to watch the game and a lot to unpack here!

First off, man can’t you see DeMeco’s personality in this team? SWARM!

Stroud - wow, so impressive!

Slowik - this is how you call plays for this team, quick plays, different looks, getting Schultz involved, half back pass, and real screens? Holy crap!

Nico - how you like me now?

Anderson - the Indy game they were able to neutralize our defense by scheming Junior and Perryman out and no one stepped up, last two weeks teams are still scheming Junior but others have stepped up. This makes Will very effective in the D, he’s seeing a lot better lineman now and finding they can hold without being caught but the offense has to account for him always. Going to have to step it up to become a superstar, but more than solid right now

#39 - I think after how I’m so with amazed at rookies Stroud and Junior, I’m most impressed with To'oTo'o this game. I mean stepping up for an injured perryman and playing like he did at middle LB, running this defense like the second coming of DeMeco Ryans!

I’ll take another round of that koolaid please!

Yeah. Schaub could hit AJ in stride depending on the distance and speed but it wasn't always a given and almost never in tight coverage. Carr of course needed AJ to run to a spot and stop unless it was just a blown coverage and he was alone out there. Stroud is showing us stuff that Texans fans haven't experienced.

Most long passes from Schaub made AJ look like he was fielding a punt.

I am excited for the team, but I am also excited for the board.

I keep seeing some old names that disappeared for a few years ago (understandably so) show up more and more frequently.

It will add to more healthy conversations.

If a team wins it puts butts in seats and fingers on keyboards.

Back